Reverb Stealth Connector

meesterbond
meesterbond Posts: 1,240
edited December 2017 in MTB workshop & tech
I've just bought a new bike off t'internet and it came with a 150mm Reverb which is about an inch too long... when the post is full in the frame, the saddle is still an inch or so too high.

So, I was going to swap it for a 100 or 125mm Reverb but I wanted to check a couple of things before I order it.

I'd like to swap the post itself but leave the hose and remote alone - but there looks like there's two different version of connector at the base of the post. The one on mine looks like a hose barb rather than the Connectormajig thing - is that right?

37825370341_80ca2312e8_z.jpgIMG_4919 by anthonyjholden, on Flickr

If so, do I have to order a Reverb with that sort of connector or can it take both?

Also, if I swap it carefully, am I likely to get away without a bleed?

Cheers in advance

Comments

• JGTR
    JGTR Posts: 1,404
    Sorry can't help with the question but I'm guessing it's a YT in large size?? Had to do the same to mine, but went with different post.
  • meesterbond
    meesterbond Posts: 1,240
    JGTR wrote:
    Sorry can't help with the question but I'm guessing it's a YT in large size?? Had to do the same to mine, but went with different post.

Good spot. A Jeffsy 27 Pro Race CF

Tried the post and sizing again this morning and whilst it's right on the limit I think I can probably get away with leaving it as is... at least until I've ridden it a few times and have a better idea.
  • Easiest way to detach that is from the remote end bud, twist the speed all the way to the left, then twist the remote around the cable and it'll come off, dead easy, you'll see what I mean when you start of it :)
  • 02gf74
    02gf74 Posts: 1,168
    Firstly check if your saddle is at the correct height.

If too high, fit a lower profile saddle.