Where to ride - Nov/Dec

djhnz
djhnz Posts: 50
edited October 2017 in Road general
I happen to have no work for the next few months to want to go somewhere on the bike.

Nov/Dec - where are the best places to go? I went to Mallorca recently which was amazing, i hear Girona is also good. I'm guessing places around Nice and higher elevation spots get a bit cold and snow possible at that time of year?

Somewhere easy enough to get to from London.

Comments

• Canaries, pretty much guaranteed good weather, plenty of climbing but can be very windy. And it's not too far to go, reasonable price if not half term etc.
  • Majorca is still good temperatures up until late November, and quiet roads.
    Base yourself in Palma where there would still be a bit of life
    December head to Gran Canaria
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Warm in Cyprus then and the roads are smooth
  • Exmoor is good. Saves getting the bike smashed up by baggage handlers.
  • joe2008
    joe2008 Posts: 1,531
    Exmoor is good. Saves getting the bike smashed up by baggage handlers.

That's supposed to be a secret :wink:
  • drhaggis
    drhaggis Posts: 1,150
    Rule 5 says come to Scotland ;)
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    Cousin says weather in Auss is great in Nov Dec, easy to get too, just catch a flight from Heathrow Terminal 3 for Quantas, you ve months off work so no reason not too :)
  • pilot_pete
    pilot_pete Posts: 2,120
    I go to the Algarve in November every year. Hidden gem for cycling - miles and miles of quiet good roads. Hill after hill after hill for those who like it that way. Cheap flights, under 3 hours from Manchester, obviously even less for the soft southern jessies and unspoilt 'real Portugal' once you head inland away from the tourist traps. £500 all in for the week (mate has a villa so no cost for accommodation) and that includes flight, bike box both ways and spending money for food and beer (we do a lot of both!)

Oh, and did I mention 18-25 degrees every day for the last 3 years with perfect blue skies....

PP
  • djhnz
    djhnz Posts: 50
    mamba80 wrote:
    Cousin says weather in Auss is great in Nov Dec, easy to get too, just catch a flight from Heathrow Terminal 3 for Quantas, you ve months off work so no reason not too :)

will be there Jan ;)