'ning

cafe, wfh, stimulate the economy

fridge choice seems to be converging on a miele one, i'm smitten by the steel
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    edited October 2017
    Morning, just walked the dog and both of us are wet through, but I am sure tea and toast will make up for that.
    sungod, Miele appliances are a good choice,
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    No work. Yay!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    At work unfortunately, bit blowy on the way in. Luckily I seem to have enough heft at the moment that it wasn't causing too many problems. Took it easy on the way in as I'm a bit knackered after a pretty rough night's kip. The wife is dropping the car off here on her way into work after dropping female child at school then I'm on standby if I need to support the old dear. Could be a long day and I might not make it to the cafe. Coffee will be my friend.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Today shall be spent avoiding work, doing my dadly duties and tinkering with my new/old vintage clock :D Wifey wasn't too impressed this morning when ignored her attempts to flash me, the clock stopped ticking last night and was in need of some major tlc.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Work too far away today which may muck up getting back for a mates 50th :(
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    these daily threads are looking old now ... nothing changes, its all the same .. it needs bringing in to current trend of "ooh look at me" social harping

I suggest we adopt the non-chronological posting that defines social media. So

Cycle home
    Probably with a beer tonight
    Went to the gym but barely did anything, .. I need a recovery day
    Then Bed
    Cant believe how dark it was this morning
    Loads of Lamb chops for dinner
    windy ride to work ..... hope the storm doesnt arrive early
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    ah, but that's the point

things are mostly the same, barring revolution, meteor strike, zombie apocalypse etc. things carry on much the same

thus allowing events such as t47's kitten pictures or someone's new bike to stand out in their full glory
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    fat daddy wrote:

Lovely!

Hangover. Groogh.
  • seanoconn
    fat daddy wrote:
    these daily threads are looking old now ... nothing changes, its all the same .. it needs bringing in to current trend of "ooh look at me" social harping

I suggest we adopt the non-chronological posting that defines social media. So

Cycle home
    Probably with a beer tonight
    Went to the gym but barely did anything, .. I need a recovery day
    Then Bed
    Cant believe how dark it was this morning
    windy ride to work ..... hope the storm doesnt arrive early

Mildred: "Hey fat daddy, what are you rebelling against?"
    fat daddy: "Whadda you got?"
  • seanoconn
    Oi Hop, quiz question/s. Chop chop.
  • hopkinb
    I can't remember any, hence stinking hangover. There was a picture round which we aced. Then it ended with a music round, which was quite hard. Then a bunch of questions in the middle. We came second by a point.

Oh, I remembered one - What is the dot on top of an i called?

Great news here at work. I've been asked to be a judge in the departmental cake baking competition. 3 consecutive Mondays people have to bake a cake as decided by the judges, then on the final Monday, they have a free hand. Imagine all the cake I'll have to eat!
  • seanoconn
    hopkinb wrote:
    I can't remember any, hence stinking hangover. There was a picture round which we aced. Then it ended with a music round, which was quite hard. Then a bunch of questions in the middle. We came second by a point.

Oh, I remembered one - What is the dot on top of an i called?

Great news here at work. I've been asked to be a judge in the departmental cake baking competition. 3 consecutive Mondays people have to bake a cake as decided by the judges, then on the final Monday, they have a free hand. Imagine all the cake I'll have to eat!
    Damn it, the one question I didn't know an answer to.

You could be the Harvey Weinstein of Cake Judging :D
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Rain! I'll be hornswoggled... Steady all day. Cool and windy along with it. First wet day in nearly 4 months.

Spent the majority of the day in traffic. Sold the concrete mixer on Fleabay and had agreed to deliver it all the way across town. 3 hours of traffic shambles later it's gone... and a stark reminder of why we're getting outta town.

3/5 of 5/8 of sod all else achieved for the day. Did the maths on how poor I am and it was depressing. Drank extra wine with dinner to ease the angst.

On the plus side, had a message from a mate that the house he looks after near the beach is now vacant again. Indefinite stay at zero cost is an option, just water the garden and feed the fish...
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    seanoconn wrote:
    I was judge at our street party cake competition, cake is good. I let it be known that I could be bought with cash or favours, the only sexual favours offered were from the dirty old man at number 87. :(

House on the beach and feeding the fish Spinner? Does that include the sharks? There's a lot of fish out there.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning,

Greasy fryup and orange juice to cut said grease for brekky.

Now office time, hippy beardy colleague appears to have persuaded some woman to procreate with him so hes off while she produces the offspring. I have decreed it must be called Brian as its born the day of the storm.
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    I was judge at our street party cake competition, cake is good. I let it be known that I could be bought with cash or favours, the only sexual favours offered were from the dirty old man at number 87. :(
    They have thought of that - all cakes will be presented without the judges knowing who has baked them. Obviously my reputation precedes me.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    In Bournemouth in a penthouse. It's very blowey up here. Heading out in about 8 minutes.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

House on the beach and feeding the fish Spinner? Does that include the sharks? There's a lot of fish out there.

Nah, fish in a very small pond in the yard. The sharks are all busy elsewhere, beach is blissfully free of them it seems.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,157
    In Bournemouth in a penthouse pet. It's very blowey up here. Heading out in about 8 minutes.
    You could have made us all jealous with one extra word.

'Tis Friday, but have just spent quite a bit of time planning to stop a bunch of legalised highway robbers from cleaning us out in France. I think I need a quiet night in tonight with a cold bottle of tramp fuel or two and the telly on.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    You ever get those days where everyone wants to feed you? I got breakfast, then someone arrive an plonked a McDonalds wrap on my desk. Went to get my sandwiches out, nope someones gone an brought me lunch in. im not going to need to eat this weekend if it carries on.
  • Isn't the dot over the I called a tittle? No internet searched, honest.

Still at work slaving for HMG. Going home soon because I have eaten my sandwiches and I am hungry and as soon as I get home I can eat biscuits.

Also had two nights off the beer and feel like death warmed up. Won't be doing that again. Long weekend looms, laters.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • hopkinb
    Isn't the dot over the I called a tittle? No internet searched, honest.

Still at work slaving for HMG. Going home soon because I have eaten my sandwiches and I am hungry and as soon as I get home I can eat biscuits.

Also had two nights off the beer and feel like death warmed up. Won't be doing that again. Long weekend looms, laters.

It is indeed a tittle. We didn't get that one.
  • Matthewfalle
    Bournemouth is nice. The penguins at the aquarium are cool. The populace isn't the most attractive but not the ugliest. The beach is nice to walk along especially from the Chines area downwards. I had a nice pizza for lunch.

No Edwyns though, so lacking I'm afraid.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    I don't like hospitals, they are all really nice and are looking after the old man and have done everything they can. Unfortunately it's not looking good, they didn't use the phrase "riddled with it" but that's pretty much what they said. Now he has to recover and then we see what treatment they can do. For now just sat in ICU. Airport run later to pick up big sis.
    I've had better days.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Best wishes V68 to you all.
  • Matthewfalle
    Yup - as above. Thoughts to all.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I don't like hospitals, they are all really nice and are looking after the old man and have done everything they can. Unfortunately it's not looking good, they didn't use the phrase "riddled with it" but that's pretty much what they said. Now he has to recover and then we see what treatment they can do. For now just sat in ICU. Airport run later to pick up big sis.
    I've had better days.
    Sh1t news V68. St George's is a good hospital. Hope your dad is comfortable, and that you can get some rest tonight.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    sungod wrote:
    'ning

cafe, wfh, stimulate the economy

fridge choice seems to be converging on a miele one, i'm smitten by the steel

You'll not be smitten with the ease in which the SS picks up thumb prints and just about everything that comes into contact with it. Buy it and a good stock of Ajax.
    fat daddy wrote:

Rubbish.

Me finished plaster boarding downstairs me. Just 1 bathroom to go. Boring, tedious... bit like the daily thread eh FD?

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • PPing again this afternoon, is there light at the end of it all or did the kitchen light flicker again?

Can someone please copy and paste the following into Saturdays thread please?

"PPing again this afternoon, is there light at the end of it all or did the kitchen light flicker again?"
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Best wishes VN. Life is shite at times.
    Spent the day at sister in law's funeral. Not close to her but heart went out to the kids.
    Shite at times.