Strava 'Posts'

joe2008
joe2008 Posts: 1,531
edited February 2018 in Road general
So Strava now wants to be FaceF*ck...

Personally I hate the new look feed, but then I don't use FB.

I'd be interested in what others thought... or if anyone even cares?

Comments

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    So long as it tracks my activities I'm happy. Not noticed much change.
  • 5 pages
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • I hate the new Activity feed. Great big posts which mean you have to scroll down forever and the worst point now they are not in chronological order wtf? So, I will continue to use it as somewhere to record my rides but not sure I can be bothered to see what others are doing now or give kudos.
  • I like the new layout, but really hate that it's not in chronological order. At least give the option!

Have yet to see anyone post a blog or status update or anything besides an activity.
  • Sorry for appearing a bit dumb but what exactly is not in chronological order?
  • pbassred
    pbassred Posts: 208
    Is that a Premium thing? i can't find it. They changed to font.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    A lot of Strava is what it is because it tailors to the kind of people who post commentary on everything they do on social media, or "twats" as they are commonly known.
  • joe2008
    Sorry for appearing a bit dumb but what exactly is not in chronological order?

If you're constantly checking your Strava feed the people you follow rides will appear in chronological order as usual, however, if you don't check for a while, any rides you 'miss' from riders you follow, will appear above rides done more recently... if that makes any sense at all.

If you don't follow anybody just ignore all of the above...
  • No they don`t.
    I follow Dowset and it shows a ride from days ago, posted between two rides from the past two days.

The worst is yet to come , when the FB freaks realise they can post even more inane shite on Strava as well.
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    edited October 2017
    not seen a single "POST" yet so there is hope ...... but the change to a non-chrono order is fecking irritating Its already starting to make me use it less as I finished my halfhearted workout this morning in a slump of I quit, I am spent, I should have stayed in bed .... wetn to check what my mates had done. Ist ride was Andre Griepel from 3 days ago, then a few activities from yesterday .. ooooh, 1 from this morning .. more from yesterday afternoon ... then I gave up
  • mfin wrote:
    A lot of Strava is what it is because it tailors to the kind of people who post commentary on everything they do on social media, or "twats" as they are commonly known.

Yep.
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    If it aint broke, don't fix it.

Its not just the chronological order that they've fucked about with. Also some of the information boxes have also been moved around, for example your accumulative distance and time for the week is now on the other side of the screen. And if you open up an activity, the layout for the your segments and results looks completely different. Anyone know how to hide / unhide segments now? As I'm only interested in comparing my own time along certain segs.

I had no problem with the old layout, I could always find the data that Im looking for. So why make a change that I haven't asked for?
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • cgfw201
    cgfw201 Posts: 674
    Quite like it.

If you don't like someone/a club you follow's posts then just unfollow them, that's how social media works.

Read a few interesting things on there from athletes I follow in last few weeks, and had one brand put up a bit too much so I just unfollowed.

No issues with the lack of chronology.
  • joe2008 wrote:
    Sorry for appearing a bit dumb but what exactly is not in chronological order?

If you're constantly checking your Strava feed the people you follow rides will appear in chronological order as usual, however, if you don't check for a while, any rides you 'miss' from riders you follow, will appear above rides done more recently... if that makes any sense at all.

If you don't follow anybody just ignore all of the above...

Thanks Joe, mine are still in order at present so if I leave it a few days I will probably see the difference.
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,924
    I hate it it. All over the place and illogical. Each activity takes up too much screen space and results in excessive scrolling.

Some may like it but I bet many will hate it and the worst thing is that Strava won't give the option to those who don't like it to revert to the old format.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • ben@31
    Amazingly there's an online petition to bring back the original Strava...

https://www.change.org/p/james-quarles- ... gical-feed

• cld531c
    cld531c Posts: 517
    ben@31 wrote:

With over 2,500 signatures!!!
  • ben@31 wrote:

Cool. I'm off to sign it
  • Dabber wrote:
    I hate it it. All over the place and illogical. Each activity takes up too much screen space and results in excessive scrolling.

Some may like it but I bet many will hate it and the worst thing is that Strava won't give the option to those who don't like it to revert to the old format.
    Exactly this, I just can't be bothered to scroll and look for mates activities anymore and give kudos
  • fat daddy wrote:
    not seen a single "POST" yet so there is hope ......

I doubt it. It's probably just because people haven't discovered you can post yet. It can only get worse
  • davep1
    davep1 Posts: 836
    I haven't written a post yet, or seen anyone else's.

One improvement of the new look for me is the training log for the week shows climbing as well as distance. I'm trying to get to 12000m this month, so it's good to see where I am after each ride each week.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    I dislike change, not sure I'll pull through
  • cgfw201 wrote:
    Quite like it.

If you don't like someone/a club you follow's posts then just unfollow them, that's how social media works.

Read a few interesting things on there from athletes I follow in last few weeks, and had one brand put up a bit too much so I just unfollowed.

No issues with the lack of chronology.

Exactly ! Strava wasn`t that, which was an attraction. If it turn into that, I`ll be dumping it.
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • joe2008
    DaveP1 wrote:
    I haven't written a post yet, or seen anyone else's.

One improvement of the new look for me is the training log for the week shows climbing as well as distance. I'm trying to get to 12000m this month, so it's good to see where I am after each ride each week.

You could always see your climbing for the week on your profile page.

I hate that new font too...
  • andy9964
    andy9964 Posts: 930
    edited October 2017
    Anyone else getting the map flickering when you move the cursor over it. It alternates between 50% and 100% of the feed size
    Win 10/Chrome with Stravistix and Strava Enhancement Suite plug-ins

Edit: Like this. Note how the map overlaps the ride below it on the second screenshot

37552659990_f8e59c4bc1_o.jpg

37779270162_e9dbb779ca_o.jpg
  • joe2008
    Andy9964 wrote:
    Anyone else getting the map flickering when you move the cursor over it. It alternates between 50% and 100% of the feed size
    Win 10/Chrome with Stravistix and Strava Enhancement Suite plug-ins

The whole update feels a bit buggy to me, seems slower than before too.

I've been using it daily since 2012, I might stop using it now.
  • I put something in the support area about it. I'd really hope it's a bug in the code. Otherwise it defeats the entire purpose of having a social media "feed".
  • svetty
    svetty Posts: 1,904
    mfin wrote:

You really are a tolerant soul aren't you......
    FFS! Harden up and grow a pair :D
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,032
    OnTheRopes wrote:
    fat daddy wrote:

I doubt it. It's probably just because people haven't discovered you can post yet. It can only get worse

Hell yeah!

https://www.strava.com/athletes/1078863/posts/720740
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • ben@31
    davidof wrote:
    OnTheRopes wrote:
    fat daddy wrote:

Hell yeah!

https://www.strava.com/athletes/1078863/posts/720740

I can't believe nobody's gave it any kudos.
    To be honest sometimes I scrolled down and gave kudos away out of habit / just to be polite, without even looking at their activity. I suppose it's a well done for at least doing something?