Tarmac SL4 and Dolan

deutsche_blonde
deutsche_blonde Posts: 6
edited October 2017 in Your road bikes
Had both just under 4 years. The Tarmac has had a few upgrades - Ksyrium Pro wheels, Sram Red chainset, and I fitted a shorter stem than was originally on there. The Dolan is pretty much as I bought it (second hand). You’ll notice in the title I didn’t put the model of the Dolan – this is because I don’t know what it is! I’ve searched a few times, but without luck. I guess I could send a pic to Dolan and enquire, but not knowing doesn’t bother me particularly. Though if anyone does know…

The Dolan will be getting some upgrades soon as one of the shifters decided to give up the ghost, but that’s about it really. I simply enjoy riding both as they are.

37005967874_459d28988c_c.jpg20171015_161948

37045294873_a94f23a897_c.jpg20171015_170237

Comments

• I think your Dolan is a CS1 , I had one in 2003. carbon rear seat stay and carbon fork. Got a reasonable write up in C Plus mag at the time. plus I live near Terry Dolan.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    plus I live near Terry Dolan.

cool.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • plus I live near Terry Dolan.

cool.
    Yes , thanks Mathew the waffle.
    Its on my C.V , also I can pop in and take a look at the showroom and buy what I need. Did I mention I live near by ?
    you know to Dolan Bikes, the stockist ?
  • Also , the first picture shows the keys hanging out of the door ,, the Dolan shot , and yes keys have been removed while someone has moved that yellow leaf a bit.
  • I think your Dolan is a CS1 , I had one in 2003. carbon rear seat stay and carbon fork. Got a reasonable write up in C Plus mag at the time. plus I live near Terry Dolan.

Cool! Thanks for the info.
    Also , the first picture shows the keys hanging out of the door ,, the Dolan shot , and yes keys have been removed while someone has moved that yellow leaf a bit.

I'm glad someone noticed the effort i went to. Always loved 'Spot the Difference' as a child. If you look carefully there are three more differences. Can you spot them?
  • plus I live near Terry Dolan.

cool.

I wonder if he has an impressive shed like Deutsche_blonde
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles

Cool! Thanks for the info.
    Also , the first picture shows the keys hanging out of the door ,, the Dolan shot , and yes keys have been removed while someone has moved that yellow leaf a bit.

I'm glad someone noticed the effort i went to. Always loved 'Spot the Difference' as a child. If you look carefully there are three more differences. Can you spot them?

Is one bike blue and the other had a water bottle ?
  • Matthewfalle
    plus I live near Terry Dolan.

cool.

I wonder if he has an impressive shed like Deutsche_blonde

Who - Terry Dolan or the bloke who lives within a 100 mile radius of him and for some reason thinks this is a good reason to buy a bike off him? I live within 100 miles of Edwyn but I won't buy a bike of him after the last incident with the goat.

I reckon Terry's shed is quite large and has some bikes in.

DB's shed is well nifty. More of a chalet or summer house though wouldn't you say?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Bigger than my shed anyway.

I also own a Dolan bike. Never met Terry, even though I have been to Liverpool.
  • I went to Italy once, bought a Colnago
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Garry H
    I went to Italy once, bought a Colnago
    No way! I went to italy as well, I bought a sandwich and almost fell down a gorge.
  • I have the very same Tarmac, same colour, I love that colour. I only bought it as I was in a hurry after having two bikes knicked and couldn't get anything off the peg with 53x39 so opted for the Tarmac as it was 52x36. It ended up being a great choice. I have upgraded most everything except the stem and handlebars.
    Oh did I say I love the colour ;) and it goes great with the Campag Bora One 50's in dark. I do wish you could still get the colour in a S Works and I would buy one.
    By coincidence my second bike is a Dolan, though a Dual for winter use
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Garry H wrote:
    No way! I went to italy as well, I bought a sandwich and almost fell down a gorge.

Me and Garry might have been on the same holiday. I went to Italy once and had an attack of vertigo while hiking next to Lake Como. No way!
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Garry H
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

Me and Garry might have been on the same holiday. I went to Italy once and had an attack of vertigo while hiking next to Lake Como. No way!

Bet you had a sandwich as well. You did! Didn't you!
  • Matthewfalle
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

When I was younger we used to drive from where we lived in Firenze down to the house in the Abruzzo - about 4 1/2 hours.

Because I used to get so travel sick I once vomited on myself a record 13 times. It wasn't a particularly great journey.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Garry H
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

When I was younger we used to drive from where we lived in Firenze down to the house in the Abruzzo - about 4 1/2 hours.

Because I used to get so travel sick I once vomited on myself a record 13 times. It wasn't a particularly great journey.

Was it the sandwich?
  • OnTheRopes wrote:
    I have the very same Tarmac, same colour, I love that colour. I only bought it as I was in a hurry after having two bikes knicked and couldn't get anything off the peg with 53x39 so opted for the Tarmac as it was 52x36. It ended up being a great choice. I have upgraded most everything except the stem and handlebars.
    Oh did I say I love the colour ;) and it goes great with the Campag Bora One 50's in dark. I do wish you could still get the colour in a S Works and I would buy one.
    By coincidence my second bike is a Dolan, though a Dual for winter use

I bet it does indeed look lovely with the dark Bora wheels. Do you have a pic by any chance? I do have a slight regret at not waiting/saving for some carbon/dark rims but these came up for a bargain price so had to have them.

About the shed. It's double walled, double glazed, carpeted and heated. There are two rooms. One has become a bit of a dumping ground, but includes all the bike tools and bits, and importantly contains a stereo and a chair. The second is a gym, with a number of bikes (and a pair of signed Mike Tyson boxing gloves) hung on the wall.

The previous owner of the house had settee's and a proper sound system in one room, and a hot tub in the other. Evidently he was a lot cooler than I am.

37537178571_566db61f4a_c.jpg2017-10-06_08-42-54
  • Garry H
    Nah, you're doing ok. Hot tubs are for outdoors.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Garry H wrote:

Yes, and in the UK they are solely for people who not only don't realise that Towie and Made in Chelsea are complete and utter sh1t, but aspire to be like the f****** dimwits who star in those programmes.
  • mfin wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

Yes, and in the UK they are solely for people who not only don't realise that Towie and Made in Chelsea are complete and utter sh1t, but aspire to be like the f****** dimwits who star in those programmes.

I like your anger , it suits you.
    Strong opinions , magic. As I say if you don't like my opinion , I've got plenty more .

Back on topic, great shed.
    The gloves , do you think he really signed them ? I mean , like , I could sign a pair of socks for you , and would you put them up in the shed !
    After all I'm just nobody.
  • Quality Tarmac :wink:

I like the change of chainset and the flite, I've also upgraded my wheels and added the Fulcrums to my winter hack.
  • Matthewfalle
    mfin wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

why??

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.