edited October 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, office, bail early, it's a thing, make of it what you will

weather seems to be heading in the cooler soggier direction again
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning lads, soggy start here as well sungod, I see we are going to be battered with another weather bomb according to the met office.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Not soggy, but can't really tell as it's so ferkin dark out there

Yet again at an office rather than home, a theme that continues tomorrow and could potentially spoil my drinking!

Last night was the rollers again - this time no crash, so it's getting better
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Googled 'yclept' and I'm none the wiser.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning.

Cold and dark here this morning, but dry so good for a bike ride.
    Tis the season for 10000000000000 lumen bike lights shining in your face unfortunately.
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    seanoconn wrote:

really ????? ...... 1st entry in google :-

verb (used with object), cleped or clept (also ycleped or yclept ) cleping. Archaic.
    to call; name (now chiefly in the past participle as ycleped or yclept).

marry this with the most famous of famous songs "A town called malice"

and you have your answer
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Back is a bit better. Muggy & murky ride in, plenty sweat. Weekend is approaching, which is excellent news.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, weather is a lot more settled here, currently still getting it in the neck as everyone else has buggered off on holiday.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Dark, gloomy and a little moist for the ride in, quite warm though. Mild Thursday morning hangover is in place. Sixth form choices thing went well, daughter seems pretty set on what she wants to do. Saw some of the lad's former teachers, they were all very pleased with his results and his current travels.
    Been unreasonably busy this morning, I've only just got my second cup of tea. It's just not good enough. Coffee machine warming nicely.
  • seanoconn
    fat daddy wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

verb (used with object), cleped or clept (also ycleped or yclept ) cleping. Archaic.

and you have your answer
    I got the called bit but google led to a woman I've never heard of.
  • seanoconn
    16 minions today, yes 16! To delegate my work to. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it Stevo :D

I have to hand them all back unharmed later though :roll:
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,437
    so far this morning i have invaded poland, france, germany and uae, time for another coffee
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    fat daddy wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

and you have your answer

Must have used Bing, we proved at work its utter pish you can search any term an itll return nothing of use.

With thistle on the 10000000000000 lights day, repeatedly blinded this morning by them. I have Xenon bulbs in the dipped and full beam, I don't think the four of those produce as must light as some of these things, retina burning galore.
    One chap who stopped next to me I asked him to aim it down slightly after being blinded in my wing mirror by him, he didn't seem to bothered.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    seanoconn wrote:
    16 minions today, yes 16! To delegate my work to. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it Stevo :D

Physically or mentally unharmed?
  • Stuff to do and looks like another Big Smoke based jaunt is on the cards but not as exciting as the last as it'll involve train, tube, security, tube, train.

The up side is that MrsHD can meet me in the Medium Smoke for dinner on the firm.

Zwift last night as some builders turned up for a while, not bothered as builders means progress.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Up early for a spot of last minute gardening. Blokes coming at 8 tomorrow to install log burner. Realised at midnight we still hadn't created any space for them to put their ladder. So this morning I was excavating and relocating a 6 foot weigeila (Bristol Ruby if you're interested)

I'll punch him if he says he wants to put the ladder somewhere else
  • haydenm
    Whoop! Helmet, jersey and under-helmet hat thing on order from Planet X for £45. Hooray for smallness
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Nice ride in this morning, no jacket required.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Long day of sitting about stretches before me, so not much change there then.
    Have a note for the missus excluding me from housework though.
  • ballysmate
    HaydenM wrote:
    Whoop! Helmet, jersey and under-helmet hat thing on order from Planet X for £45. Hooray for smallness

Wonder if this guy is a midget as well

Re: Getting hold of Wiggle????
    Postby ben@31 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:06 am

I posted a question on Wiggles website...

"Why is a yellow and black Garmin Forerunner 230, £174.98. Yet if you want a white and black one, exactly the same product apart from the colour of the strap, it costs £197.98 ?"

And for some bizarre reason my question was rejected. Why was this? Something to hide?

If not I dare say he will have another grievance if he has to pay for adult sized clothing. :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    seanoconn wrote:

Big first aid session then Seano? :wink: Although disposable minions are the best as normally they're way too big to flush or chuck in the bin.

Slightly dark and damp ride in has left me pecking so its a big load of sushi for lunch. We're sponsoring something to do with national alzheimers day but I'm a bit busy to go to the event. Unfortunately it may not look good if I said I forgot or got confused about the date.

Onwards to transfer pricing...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    We're sponsoring something to do with national alzheimers day but I'm a bit busy to go to the event. Unfortunately it may not look good if I said I forgot or got confused about the date.
    I wouldn't be able to resist, this is one of the reasons I never get anywhere.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,613
    Another soggy if warm day so at home. So far, 2 woodburners stripped, flues swept clean, reassembled, minimal messy muck left for later recriminations from 'er indoors. Greenhouse tomatoes (Sungold if yer interested, top) and cucumbers still producing en bulk, global warming ain't all bad. About to make a celery and apple soup. 'kin Nigella, me.
  • veronese68
    Just watched this whilst eating my lunch, Stevo might enjoy it more than Piña.
    http://road.cc/content/news/230964-vide ... ho-quicker
  • ballysmate
    orraloon wrote:
    Another soggy if warm day so at home. So far, 2 woodburners stripped, flues swept clean, reassembled, minimal messy muck left for later recriminations from 'er indoors. Greenhouse tomatoes (Sungold if yer interested, top) and cucumbers still producing en bulk, global warming ain't all bad. About to make a celery and apple soup. 'kin Nigella, me.

Well where did your norks go? :(

Nigella-Lawson-weight-loss-832461.jpg
  • haydenm
    Ballysmate wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

Wonder if this guy is a midget as well

Re: Getting hold of Wiggle????
    Postby ben@31 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:06 am

I posted a question on Wiggles website...

"Why is a yellow and black Garmin Forerunner 230, £174.98. Yet if you want a white and black one, exactly the same product apart from the colour of the strap, it costs £197.98 ?"

And for some bizarre reason my question was rejected. Why was this? Something to hide?

If not I dare say he will have another grievance if he has to pay for adult sized clothing. :wink:

I personally find it morally indefensible that I consistently have to subsidise all you normal sized human beings with your extra fabric costs...
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,613
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Well where did your norks go? :(
    What happens en cuisine stays en cuisine.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Just watched this whilst eating my lunch, Stevo might enjoy it more than Piña.
    http://road.cc/content/news/230964-vide ... ho-quicker
    I think I can guess the answer :)

Will have a look after I've pedalled home slowly on my road bike...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,197
    Me working me. Measuring, measuring again, measuring it a 3rd time. Cutting it, not fitting it. Measuring it. Attaching it.

More tomorrow.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    Anybody know anything about wind up clocks? I'm assuming by turning the + and - screw to the plus sign I'll be able to adjust slow running?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,197
    seanoconn wrote:
    Anybody know anything about wind up clocks? I'm assuming by turning the + and - screw to the plus sign I'll be able to adjust slow running?

Yes but be very precise. If 1 complete turn of the adjustment screw equals 60 mins (as a measurement i'e if the circle is split into 60 units), you are looking at turning it 1 minute. Does that make any sense?
    If not, less than 5 degrees. A tiny amount basically.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!