wednesday may contain less than 100% of care

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,433
edited October 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

wfh today i think, cafes, must stay vigilant for continued croissant avoidance

mrs s says it's time to buy a new fridge thing, i want one with a wine rack, separate beer section held at 2 celsius, dedicated orangette storage, and a separate biccie compartment in the freezer that i can fill with filipinos keeping them chilled to at least -18 celsius
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning lads, a better start to the day here, well weather wise

Sungod ,if you come across a fridge that is built to the above standards could you let me know, i am sure if anyone makes one to your standards it will be a best seller
  • sungod
    i thought i might ask seano for advice, i hear he recently has done extensive research on other products, he may have some tips
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    sungod wrote:
    i thought i might ask seano for advice, i hear he recently has done extensive research on other products, he may have some tips
    Beds, retro furniture, TV's, soundbars, vintage clocks, rugs, hats, kids school shoes, I'm your man. Still a bit green when it comes to fridges, although I'd probably buy a chest freezer separately as it's easier to lob in dismembered body parts.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Keep the fridges separate, one for food, one for beer and one for wine :)

Busy day of work meh, improved by memories of a nice bike ride last night
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, no help of fridges I'm afraid. Early start this morning an a long day car sounds like a tractor as well leading me to assume the blowing exhaust has gotten worse.
    It's 170 for a centre section, or 260 for a full stainless system so logic states stainless so best get it booked in. Off to find a half drinkable coffee, my quest may take some time.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    Sitting down at Halfrauds autocentre getting a flat tyre repaired. Not even my car :roll: Also the bloke who is replacing the garden fences rang today to say he cant do stuff today as its raining, so that's more days with no bloody fence between us and the neighbours which means we cant just let the dog out for a leak. Ho hum.

At least Im out for a drink tonight...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Ouch. Done my back in doing SCR, with the emphasis on the silly, seeing as I know that my "opponent" is way quicker than me and I am not properly fit following nearly 2 weeks off the bike for wedding and honeymoon. Rode in anyway despite the back and the rain, because the thought of public transport was too depressing. Off to purchase NSAIDs to swallow with food. Coffee and keeping my head down while simultaneously moaning about my back is what the rest of the day is all about.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Cold, raining, zero phukkks given today.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Can anyone advice on buying a garden summer house/ chalet?

Or Terry Dolan bikes.

TIA
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Balls, the TV I was going to buy today has gone up in price by £160 since yesterday! :(
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Bloody knackered today, didn't sleep at all well for some reason. My back hurts too which is no good. Had to drive in today as I need to pick the Mrs up and get to a 6th form choices evening. Hopefully it won't delay my arrival at the pub later.
    You should've bought that telly yesterday Seano.
    Heard from the lad this morning. He's leaving Fiji tonight, morning their time. Got himself into a drinking contest with some Irish lads, he managed to break them all and was the last man standing. They aren't as lightweight as Seano because at least they turned up. :-)
    Two cups of tea have been drunk, washing down a chocolate muffin that somehow found it's way into my possession. Need coffee next.
  • Matthewfalle
    Can anyone advice on buying a garden summer house/ chalet?

Or Terry Dolan bikes.

TIA

Well if you live near him then hen it seems a no brainier innit. Why look elsewhere? Imagine the glory, glamour, kudos and cachet of living near a bloke who sells bicycles.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • I might venture out into the dark on a bicycle tonight, spooky!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconn wrote:
    Balls, the TV I was going to buy today has gone up in price by £160 since yesterday! :(

Look on the bright side, so has the property you are living in. Probably.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    I might venture out into the dark on a bicycle tonight, spooky!

Loved it last night - owl flying over my head was the highlight
  • Matthewfalle
    Lost interest in today completely.

Sooooooooooooo bored.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    seanoconn wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    Beds, retro furniture, TV's, soundbars, vintage clocks, rugs, hats, kids school shoes, I'm your man. Still a bit green when it comes to fridges, although I'd probably buy a chest freezer separately as it's easier to lob in dismembered body parts.

...and you're not a pikey?! You are paying the price for dithering. You're not a very good Pikey are you really? A half decent Pikey would have found a van full of them from somewhere from someone, sold the surplus and kept one.

SG hasn't got high standards, he wants the impossible.

Me off pedalling me just after some basic domestic chores.
    Night riding for me often attracts bats.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Now that the PhD* is complete, today was an opportunity to tidy up. Put all the tools away, cleaned the work bench, vacuumed up all the sawdust.

Looked at next job and decided it was far too much effort, so have been considering Plans B, C, and D. They may all be easier, but will be a lot more expensive. :x

* Pretty Huge Deck
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • step83
    Managers started referring to me as "B" because my surname starts with a B. I wish to end him...
  • veronese68
    Step83 wrote:
    Managers started referring to me as "B" because my surname starts with a B. I wish to end him...
    What would be your weapon of choice if you were to whack your boss? The desk lamp is good.
    Of course Seano's a pikey, why did Piña have to ask?
  • sungod
    Step83 wrote:

start calling him 'a', because ar​sehole starts with an a
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    sungod wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

start calling him 'a', because ar​sehole starts with an a
    Or "C". Tell him it's short for "Captain".
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Matthewfalle
    Step83 wrote:

Seriously? What a bell end. Even round here they don't do that unless invited to by the person they are addressing.

I'd just walk up to him and kick him in the nuts.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Actually, no.

Drop an MGOB on him. That'll really hurt.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    Long old walk Matt, he works on another site with his chums. Ill save the kicking for when I get to visit so some meeting or such, wont say anything just a plum punt and walk off.

I'm liking A mainly because his last name begins with an A so I can blag it.

Sent him an email reminding him of my name and that I would prefer him not to refer to me as B. if he carries on least I have my dislike on record.

Place I worked at years back is how I ended up being called Step as we had five people called Stephen/Steven in the same area.
  • Matthewfalle
    Pay someone £20 and a taxi fare to do it. Saves time, energy and potentially having plum juice on your shoe.

Good stuff re email - if he carries on just send it to HR, get him sacked, smash his wife's back doors in and tell him it's all about karma.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Heard from the lad this morning. He's leaving Fiji tonight, morning their time. Got himself into a drinking contest with some Irish lads, he managed to break them all and was the last man standing. They aren't as lightweight as Seano because at least they turned up. :-)

Good work junior V68. Where's he going next? New Zealand?
  • veronese68
    hopkinb wrote:
    Yep, flies to Auckland and straight on to Queenstown. Then the small matter of finding a job.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Veronese68 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Yep, flies to Auckland and straight on to Queenstown. Then the small matter of finding a job.

Daughter flies to Queenstown in December. She has a one way ticket as she doesn't know where she is off to after NZ.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    seanoconn wrote:

What was the final choice after all this dithering?