my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Commute on the fantastic m6 toll followed by the pants m42

Might play on the rollers again later
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, blowing a gale here , it is worst than yesterday at the moment, it looks like a roller day for me as well , I am not venturing out in this wind
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    School run, gym, let's take it from there shall we?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    much cooler out, slight breeze, office and coffee await
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    Back on the train today as there's no bad weather to make the road pedalling a challenge :)

Got my annual BUPA health assessment this afternoon; hopefully it'll be done by the same very nice French lady doctor that saw me last time.

In the mean time, coffee and tax mitigation.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Back on the train today as there's no bad weather to make the road pedalling a challenge :)

Got my annual BUPA health assessment this afternoon; hopefully it'll be done by the same very nice French lady doctor that saw me last time.

Bad weather? You must have gone home a different way to me - the wind wasn't even strong enough to make riding with deep rims a challenge! The sky was a funny colour mind. Lovely spin in this morning, now coffee at my desk and working out what to do with myself for the rest of the week after clearing out the inbox and dealing with the urgent stuff yesterday.
  • Matthewfalle
    Just popped home and had to break in through an upstairs window as I left my front door key in the kitchen

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Morning folks,
    Bit chilly first thing but warmed up once I got going. More frisky deer action going on in the park. Accident just up the road from work caused a bit of traffic, glad I was on the bike. Apparently a kid got knocked over, hope he's ok. Now trying to sort out a bit of a garbled order for a customer. Two cups of tea have been drunk, coffee machine is warming nicely.
    I wrote that over an hour ago but the poxy sight logged me out, then I had a phone call from a very inconsiderate customer that didn't realise this rubbish doesn't write itself. I think I might have to marmalise someone, if not murderise them to death.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, nothing to report.

Site is being annoying an logs me out each morning.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Yesterday afternoon was properly weird, with the Martian sky and Mediterranean temperatures. Car now covered in Saharan dust and Iberian ash.

Normal service now resumed. Sky blue again, and temperature more like mid October should be in the UK.

And since the last, apparently very expensive faffing with the heating and ventilation system, the office seems able to maintain a comfortable working temperature whatever's going on outside. Four mugs of tea, a slice of Tesco Finest chocolate cake and a small stick of rock so far.

Which prompts two thoughts:

I must make an appointment for a dental checkup before they delist me. Although they've made so much money out of me in the past that's probably unlikely.

I must try to insert some cycling into my work and DIY filled life. Maybe I'll start commuting by bike once the clocks go back and it's properly cold, dark and wet...
  • Matthewfalle
    If you were one of those cool dudes who can pull mega wheelies you could go on the rampage with that.

Imagine attaching James Cordon with that. Be brilliant. I'd actually pay money to see that.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    Imagine attaching James Cordon with that. Be brilliant. I'd actually pay money to see that.

The fat one off Gavin and Stacey? Recently made off-colour jokes about sexual assault at some awards do? He seems to be popular in the US for some reason, despite giving the impression that he's just a useless tw@t.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Bad weather? You must have gone home a different way to me - the wind wasn't even strong enough to make riding with deep rims a challenge! The sky was a funny colour mind. Lovely spin in this morning, now coffee at my desk and working out what to do with myself for the rest of the week after clearing out the inbox and dealing with the urgent stuff yesterday.
    Sarf East London, innit. Actually going over Waterloo Bridge when its down to 1 lane was quite interesting last night with the side gusts.

I've got a bit of transfer pricing stuff if you're bored...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • keef66
    Step83 wrote:
    Cycling and DIY Keef

pedal-powered_saw_seen_at_the_spezi-show_in_germersheim.jpg

Genius! There's some other weird two-wheeled tomfoolery in the background too.

I've just discovered diamond cutting discs for £6 at Screwfix. Why did I waste so much of my life chopping slabs and bricks with the old abrasive ones? These are sooo much quicker, neater and produce a lot less dust. It's turned my little angle grinder from a bread knife in to a light sabre! Hearth stones cut and laid. What can I chop up next??
  • hopkinb
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Any jobs? Is that what your new minion is for?
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

'Fraid not, unless you fancy moving to the ar$e end of Holland and learning customs duty :)

I may get (acquire) a lot more tax minions if I ever get the global gig here, but that's a longer term game and far from guaranteed. That said, if ever did get control of the evil empire completely, we would need a proper TP manager. Watch this space...
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    keef66 wrote:
    I've just discovered diamond cutting discs for £6 at Screwfix. Why did I waste so much of my life chopping slabs and bricks with the old abrasive ones? These are sooo much quicker, neater and produce a lot less dust. It's turned my little angle grinder from a bread knife in to a light sabre! Hearth stones cut and laid. What can I chop up next??
    Got one on the tabletop tile saw I bought years ago for slicing up porcelain floor tiles.
    It's good for fibreglass/GRP too as I found out at the weekend. You know the saw's run out of water when you get that nice smell of burning plastic :roll:
  • hopkinb
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

'Fraid not, unless you fancy moving to the ar$e end of Holland and learning customs duty :)

I may get (acquire) a lot more tax minions if I ever get the global gig here, but that's a longer term game and far from guaranteed. That said, if ever did get control of the evil empire completely, we would need a proper TP manager. Watch this space...

See if you can coincide your plans to rule the world with what looks like redundancy at some point in the next 3 years. :roll:
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

See if you can coincide your plans to rule the world with what looks like redundancy at some point in the next 3 years. :roll:
    Don't tell me that, I'll know I can get you on the cheap in 2020 :twisted:
  • Matthewfalle
    are oven chips bad for you?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    ^ Not if you wash them down with 10 pints of Lager and smother them in Curry sauce because then it's immaterial.

Haven't read any of the above. Is it worth it?

Me going back to work me.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    ^ Not if you wash them down with 10 pints of Lager and smother them in Curry sauce because then it's immaterial.

Haven't read any of the above. Is it worth it?

Me going back to work me.

Laters.
    Of course, I'm sorting Hoppy's career out and saving him from future financial ruin.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Of course, I'm sorting Hoppy's career out and saving him from future financial ruin.

He will either be indebted to you for life or he'll want to kill you.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Given my management style, possibly both :)
  • hopkinb

I assume you've eaten a whole bag?

Nah, they're just hot spuds.
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:

I assume you've eaten a whole bag?

Nah, they're just hot spuds.

I may have.

Coolio - that's what I thought. Many thanks indeed oh hallowed webbed footed one H3.

Loads of carbs but so long as you don't deep fry them they can't be that bad for you? And surely any badness is taken away by the goodness that is Sarsons?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • keef66
    keef66 wrote:
    Got one on the tabletop tile saw I bought years ago for slicing up porcelain floor tiles.
    It's good for fibreglass/GRP too as I found out at the weekend. You know the saw's run out of water when you get that nice smell of burning plastic :roll:

I have one of those too, and it would've made far less dust, but I CBA constructing a roller-table surround for it to take a 1.5 x 0.8m stone slab I could barely lift. I did use it to good effect for slicing the brick slips though. I know it's run out of water when it stops spraying me with brick slurry...
  • hopkinb

I may have.

Coolio - that's what I thought. Many thanks indeed oh hallowed webbed footed one H3.

Loads of carbs but so long as you don't deep fry them they can't be that bad for you? And surely any badness is taken away by the goodness that is Sarsons?

:lol: What you remember from the picture of butt norks was my foot, with imaginary webbing. No more pictures of norks for you.

Plenty of salt with the Sarsons, and make sure that the oven chips are McCain Home chips. Dip them in mayo or salad cream to be absolutely sure that they are properly good for you.
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Like Stevo says, probably both, though he may also want to kill me with fire.

Seano is wankelmütig is he? What an excellent word that is.