Suntour xcm fork service

violent_keith
violent_keith Posts: 25
edited November 2017 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi , looking for some advice , I'm going to do a lower leg service on my voodoo bantu which has suntour xcm front forks and was just looking for any pointers ie which oil to use,where can i get foam rings if i need them,anything really,maybe a link to a good tutorial video.
This is the first time i'll be attempting anything like this so want to avoid stupid mistakes . I have seen a few videos on servicing forks but nothing great for the ones I have.
Any help will be appreciated

Comments

• JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Have a look at THIS THREAD.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • Thanks man,most info iv'e seen so far,ill just have a crack,nothing ventured nothing gained right. Can you recommend a fork oil to use?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Do the XCM use oil, I thought they were greased.

Foam rings....nope.

Great manual, page 13
    http://www.srsuntour-cycling.com/filead ... sh-web.pdf
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    I thought they were coil spring and used grease, the ones on my old trek did that was back in 2013 though.
  • Nice one , i'll take them apart,didn't wanna risk it in case i lost all the oil but looks like that won't be a problem
  • 02gf74
    02gf74 Posts: 1,168
    I thought xcm were cheapest of the cheap so would have grease and elastomer stacks.!!???

I'd say don't waste time and much money but put it towards better quality forks
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    No elastomer, no coil and grease, worth the use of fresh grease to keep the, going.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.