Fork Grease

richard36
richard36 Posts: 346
edited October 2017 in MTB workshop & tech
I'm about to carry out a lower leg service on my Rockshox Reba forks. I've got the IPA and about to order the fork fluid (Stendec Crystal Fork Fluid). I was going to buy the Stendec Easy Glide Fork Grease but can't find it available anywhere online. Does anyone know where I can buy it?

Or can anyone recommend a good alternative? I know I can get SRAM butter but it's the same price as the Stendec stuff but you only get 1oz whereas you get 150ml (28oz) with Stendec. Ideally I'd like to get a similar amount for the same price (£9).

Finally, I'm after some foam rings. Don't need the seals just the rings size 32mm x 5mm. Again, anyone know where I can get them?

Many thanks

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    Richard36 wrote:
    Finally, I'm after some foam rings. Don't need the seals just the rings size 32mm x 5mm. Again, anyone know where I can get them?
    J-Tech will sell you just the foam rings but you have to ask.

I bought some from Behind the Bikeshed in Andover when I was down that way years ago. They used to sell them online but they're not on their website any more so they might've stopped selling them (and the P&P made it uneconomic for just 1 pair).

I think Stendec used to sell the grease and fork fluid on their website (and possibly foam rings), but you might have to give them a ring now: http://www.stendecworks.com/
  • richard36
    richard36 Posts: 346
    Thanks

I rang Stendec (now known as Superalloyracing - https://superalloyracing.com/?v=79cba1185463) and I can order the grease and fluid through them. It is more expensive as they add VAT to the price of £8.99 and £5.99 and postage on top of that of £4.25.

They were surprised Chain Reaction didn't have any grease as they recently sent 15 boxes to CR. Possibly CR will be ordering more soon.

I've asked Superalloy about the foam rings.
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    28oz of grease will last you about 14,386 years. You only need a smear of it.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009