Saturday for you there'll be no crying

hopkinb
hopkinb Posts: 7,129
edited October 2017 in The bottom bracket
Morning. Wafting back home in a big black Merc. Back to normal life, the dog will be pleased to see me I guess. Right, who's up for a beer? Week after half term?

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
    'ning

welcome home

ride cafes cake possible extra brekkie

remainder of day slump and wallow, allow liver to recover a smidge from last night, so that it's ready for tonight
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao

Crunchy nut cornflakes, coffee, ride.

Let's take it from there.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    hopkinb wrote:
    Morning. Wafting back home in a big black Merc. Back to normal life, the dog will be pleased to see me I guess. Right, who's up for a beer? Week after half term?
    Welcome back! I'm in, I guess it's compulsory for me after last time.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Why is it on a school day you can't wake the kids up but on a Saturday they're wide awake at 6am? :roll:
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Jesus, shocked I'm awake and ok as I went out with current wife's work last night to an awards everning, they won so the ale really flowed.

Today is dad's taxi stuff and then a walk to a different pub with some friends and their brats
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning lads, running a bit late today, it’s what can be described as a summers day , warm and bright
    Have a good weekend
  • hopkinb
    seanoconn wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Round your gaff Seano. Get the missus to stick on some pierogi, dig out the good vodka, I'll bring some tins of Perła.
  • Matthewfalle
    seanoconn wrote:
    Why is it on a school day you can't wake the kids up but on a Saturday they're wide awake at 6am? :roll:

because they are evil shittbaggs.

next please.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    180k done. Absolutely gorgeous out there.

Now SSS and on with the TDV. TDV is at the doctors because her eye has exploded or something so I may even get a cup of coffee in the peace and quiet for 20 minutes................

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • seanoconn
    hopkinb wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Round your gaff Seano. Get the missus to stick on some pierogi, dig out the good vodka, I'll bring some tins of Perła.
    I would recommend Borscht and croquettes for a starter, beetroot soup with stuffed, fried, rolled pancakes, preferably meat.
    Any guests send wifey into a week long tidying and cleaning frenzied meltdown, it's just not worth the aggro from my point of view. But I am house trained if any other wifies have a more relaxed approach to guests.
  • tlw1
    seanoconn wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    I would recommend Borscht and croquettes for a starter, beetroot soup with stuffed, fried, rolled pancakes, preferably meat.
    Any guests send wifey into a week long tidying and cleaning frenzied meltdown, it's just not worth the aggro from my point of view. But I am house trained if any other wifies have a more relaxed approach to guests.

Not a problem - just a bit of a journey!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, first actual peddle in about three weeks so legs are none to pleased, slurping a flat white loudly before a gentle peddle home to do sod all. Bliss!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    seanoconn wrote:

'Tis true.

Borscht is good. Haven't had that for a while.

Me recovering from very busy week at PPP me. I was cutting plaster board in my sleep.
    Now to entertain the toots. Weather is shyte. Maybe coffee No.2 will liven me up.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    I nipped in to Edwyns to buy a spare rib as I hankering and ended up buying a load of Provoloni Piccante as its delish.

Giovanni from Abergavenni has obviously been home to sort out some "business" if you know what I mean and come back with supplies. Gladys at the post office will ne most happy.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Neighbours party was quite good, though the amount of rum they put in the monitors left me feeling a bit groggy when the hound woke us up needing a dump this morning. Now supping coffee and relaxing while Strifey knocks up some lunch: may need to go for a run later to blow away the cobwebs.

@ Hoppy - will check diary as I have a few things on the week after half term.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Provoloni Piccante. From Goats. Goats are the anti-christ.
  • Matthewfalle
    TDV's eye has, indeed, exploded. How spectacular!

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    TDV's eye has, indeed, exploded. How spectacular!

You two are in various degrees of disrepair. Is that why you use copious quantities of super glue?

This is for you. There are variousdifferent viscosities of cyanoacrylate. High, medium and low. With different setting times from roughly 1 min to the very over priced instant stuff you get in your local DIY/Corner shop.
    So if you were to invest in the slow set stuff, the incident with the glue on the tongue would have allowed time to react to the problem and household detergent is pretty good but it tastes foul.
    However, the slow set is not handy for trying to glue the wife back together.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BOND-IT-SUPER ... SwBD9ZlXZp
  • sungod
    mrs s got me a huge box of belgian choc orangettes, nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom
  • hopkinb
    I have rum. Mount Gay Black Barrel rum from duty free on the way home. Rum is nice with just a tiny squeeze of lime juice. A single ice cube, but it's important that the spirit is at freezer temperature, so as to minimise dilution.

It's important to point out that the last couple of days in Marrakech were dry, and so I'm rehydrating. Mrs H3 booked a v good Moroccan restaurant on Weds, which happened to be booze free. After that I couldn't be @rsed. A bottle of fizzy water suits Moroccan food anyway. Lovely place Marrakech though, only 3 hours away, so same as Greece, but very definitely not Europe. We will go back.

Where's V68 today? I don't think Kingston has exploded.
  • hopkinb
    sungod wrote:
    mrs s got me a huge box of belgian choc orangettes, nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom

Well done Mrs S. Ride tomorrow will be long to cancel out the orangettes? Is that basically posh chocolate orange?
  • pinno
    I think there is a niche market for Chocolate Pineapplettes (of 1).
  • Matthewfalle
    Just got back from being out for dinner.

Carpaccio

Beef Wellington

Chocolate Orange cheesecake

Double espresso

Average wine

Great company.

Sleeeeeepy.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    Just back from some friends, couldn't get into the local for dinner - so the landlord came round and cooked for us

Haven't had the bill, think it maybe rather large
  • sungod
    Pinno wrote:
    I think there is a niche market for Chocolate Pineapplettes (of 1).

they are made by some of the finest chocolatiers, a bit too sweet though, orange peel works better
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    hopkinb wrote:
    Where's V68 today? I don't think Kingston has exploded.
    I'm alive, I think. Busy day yesterday, took my mate to look at a car for his son. Bought it but I wasn't that happy with the deal. Time was an issue which is not a good thing when trying to haggle. Got a bit of a deal on the end though. Did you mention beer? Trust you had a good time.
  • sungod
    hopkinb wrote:
    Well done Mrs S. Ride tomorrow will be long to cancel out the orangettes? Is that basically posh chocolate orange?

infinitely better, cut orange peel in strips, boil in sugar, coat in dark choc

4002645c-2.jpg?1485775804
  • hopkinb
    Just got back from being out for dinner.

Carpaccio

Beef Wellington

Chocolate Orange cheesecake

Double espresso

Average wine

Great company.

Sleeeeeepy.

Infinitely better to have average wine and great company than great wine and average company.
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Did you mention beer? Trust you had a good time?
    I did is the answer to both questions!
    I suggested week after half term, Stevo said he would let me know as he has stuff on. Seano said his attendance was compulsory. I'm free most Thursdays.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    hopkinb wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Did you mention beer? Trust you had a good time?
    I did is the answer to both questions!
    I suggested week after half term, Stevo said he would let me know as he has stuff on. Seano said his attendance was compulsory. I'm free most Thursdays.
    Diary checked. I've got my big presentation to the board on Friday 3rd so the Thursday evening will be a self imposed lock down for me. Tuesday would be OK, otherwise might have to be the week after.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]