edited October 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, cafe, wfh

bail early for partying, and whoopee
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, dry but strong winds, doctors appointment yet again, the weekly shopping in that order, then either a bike ride or a couple of pints, you never know I might manage both
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,516
    gym out of the way, quite mild out, cafe soon
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Riding my bi-cycle to work. That's all so far.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    urgh ... new place of work means my ride in is all uphill and 1/3rd of it is off road ... thinking I need to wimp out and stick a smaller front chain ring on the SS .... the uphil is acceptable, but I just grind to almost a halt cutting across the downland

legs feel like Jelly ... the rest of me jiggles like jelly
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,516
    is that to or from work?

downhill going home is a good thing
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    sungod wrote:
    is that to or from work?

thats "to" work ..... coming home is all down hill .... its the only thing that has stopped me putting the smaller ring on as I dont want to spin out ... that said though, the downhill off road is still a fair workout with the gearing I have .. especially when its muddy
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    fat daddy wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    is that to or from work?

thats "to" work ..... coming home is all down hill .... its the only thing that has stopped me putting the smaller ring on as I dont want to spin out ... that said though, the downhill off road is still a fair workout with the gearing I have .. especially when its muddy

Keep the gears and grow those muscles :)
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Should have been in an office with a decent commute on the bike, but couldn’t get back in time for tonight’s shoot night out in Chester - so WFH

Later is black tie boredom at the wife’s work night out
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    Morning. A bit warm this morning :oops:
    sungod wrote:
    +1
    Really miss that from my 1st job (even if it was only 1.5 miles each way).
    fat daddy wrote:
    thinking I need to wimp out and stick a smaller front chain ring on the SS .... the uphil is acceptable, but I just grind to almost a halt cutting across the downland
    I'm sure you'll get used to the bigger gear on the ride in - I did after a few weeks. You just seem to get used to it.

The overly complicated technical solution would be a flip flop wheel with a freewheel on both sides, put a bigger sprocket on one side and swap in/out a section of chain at work. A bit too much of a faff to do twice a day I think.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Morning folks,
    Wimped out and drove in this morning due to being lazy and a wimp. Knee has been playing up a bit lately and was seizing up last night so thought I'd give it a rest today, although I think the biggest problem is the way I sit at my desk. Unfortunately they seem to be replacing the lights at work today, this means my gloomy corner will be all lit up. This is not good as others will be able to see when I'm asleep. At the moment they only notice if I snore.
    More importantly today is supposed to be cake day, but there has been a tendency to buy other stuff instead of just cake. Last time there were even sticks of celery and dips. Do these people not know the difference between cakes and rabbit food? Later will be the cafe, later still will be pub with the Mrs.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, three S's have been completed so s**t, shower an shave. Playing fuel roulette this morning cars showing 10 miles range, works more than that as is a fuel stop. Updates later.
  • Matthewfalle
    My knee really frickin' hurts.

I have no idea what's going on with it. May just train the weakness out of it.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Well my fickle left knee is currently working properly, which is remarkable considering I've spent much of the past week inside a fireplace in a range of unnatural positions, and intermittently kneeling on tools and bits of masonry. Hopefully finish the job this weekend and reward myself with a bike ride. Sunday looks like shorts weather!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Made it to the petrol station unfortunately, an then to work which was more unfortunate. now doing battle with some moron who things using a roaming profile means he can log into multiple devices at once an not have file sync issues. Sports Directs nearby, they do cheap cricket bats...
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,559
    Still DIY meh. It's endless.

On the plus side, the splinter stuck in my finger finally popped out tonight, about 8mm of finest ironbark. I am now somewhat less likely to catch death disease from infected bits. Result!
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    No splinters, but lungs full of brick / cement dust and an impressive blister courtesy of the club hammer.

I'm only used to a bit of light mouse and keyboard work!
  • Matthewfalle
    Bored. May go home on my bi-cycle.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,408
    sungod wrote:
    downhill is a good thing
    You're coming round to my way of thinking :)

Busy day again, so time to relax for a bit. Will pop into the next doors party later on for some deadly nightshade punch and an eyeful of Spanish milfs.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,315
    My left knee is fine. The rest of me is buggered.

Me was covered in paster board dust me. Nearly finished doing the ceilings thanks to a handy lifter crank thingy. What are you up to Keef?

I've heard through he grapevine that Gazza is currently in deepest darkest Somerset. He say's he's fine but thanks for asking. :roll:

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!