thursday coruscating fountains of light, and the sound, the sound, it's

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,433
edited October 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

a heady froth of cafes and wfh

need to get the first cafe done quick, early call with gmc punter of gmc about stuff for their gmc punter and we're just not ready

either way, the rest of the day will be an anticlimax
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Tired this morning, resorted to putting a sugar in my coffee, weird. Race prep this evening as we are heading up tomorrow after work, desperately need to change my gear outers but packing all our camping stuff might come first...
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Good Morning

Lovely day here - cold to start but fine once pedalling.

Strongly worded letter later on I think to the council - rather than sorting out the dogs dinner of some work they did a few months ago they've now plastered the place with no cycling signs even though it's the only route to get to the cycle path (without a big detour).
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Good Morning, lovely bright start to the day here, just washed the truck, waiting for a parcel from wiggle, should be here in the next hour, bike at the ready
    See ya later
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Quite a pleasant morning down here, a touch fresh and autumnal but that's hardly unexpected. Thursday morning hangover is not too bad, better than yesterday's at least. Staying in tonight which will be the only night in this week. Am I turning into TLW2? Not much else going on, dealing with more carrier screw ups. One of them failed to collect about 100 parcels last night as we filled their van, then filled the second van they sent in and the third one never turned up. Irritating to say the least.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    After 2 days of charging about, loafing on the rooftop terrace by the pool makes a nice change.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning from the shire, sporting a lovely medication hangover today and a rather rough evening which wasn't pleasant so nil caffeine for me, fruit tea and a banana certainly lacking any form of dunkability there.
    Mutiny is still brewing keep being added to Skype conversations which I leave, safety first etc. Some smart bod updated an AD group overnight wiped out half the remote access users rights in the process, in English someone deleted something they shouldn't now half the staff cant login from home.
    Minimal work being done today mainly playing with proxies trying to see if I can access LinkedIn.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Lots of meeting meh - followed by pub yeah
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Computers - why do they never work and why do they suck so much?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Thursday morning hangover is not too bad, better than yesterday's at least. Staying in tonight which will be the only night in this week. Am I turning into TLW2?

Good man
  • hopkinb
    edited October 2017
    Here you go all you nork/butt starved Bb'ers. My foot and my current view. Bl00dy irritating voices, and obviously can't lay off the biscuits.

20171012_111824.jpg
  • hopkinb
    Mrs H3's foot and elbow visible extreme right.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    For Christ sake don't let Mrs H3 catch you taking pictures of the peachy scenery!

Nice work :D
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • hopkinb
    Face like a bag of chisels. Voice like nails on a blackboard.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Spoilsport.

Healthy lunch today, Ginsters pasty, had to be done only £1. The big question is 1min in the microwave or serve chilled?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    Nice pic
  • Matthewfalle
    Have you got webbed feet?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    Shhh. That's shadow. Don't tell anyone, they'll have me burned as a witch.
  • step83
    hopkinb wrote:

Just swim away quickly exploiting your genetic deformity.

I have had a stupid idea involving spray paint on some deep dish alloy rims, shall procrastinate an make a post about it later.
  • Matthewfalle
    Step83 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Just swim away quickly exploiting your genetic deformity.

I have had a stupid idea involving spray paint on some deep dish alloy rims, shall procrastinate an make a post about it later.

OOOh - no. Tell us now.

No matter how stupid it can't be any more stupid than the dotards I have had to deal with today.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    abandoned boring gmc stuff and did some cloudy security training and a couple of exams, added it to gmc's security box at home that links into my team's labs, truly i am a renaissance sungod

soon there shall be food, wine and nibbles
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Line manager has just dropped something he has forgotten to do and buggered off on holiday, not sure whether to pretend it's all fine or explain to the bossman and cause a ruck for nothing. Unfortunately it involves bossman signing contracts and things. I'm going home for a beer.
  • step83
    Step83 wrote:

OOOh - no. Tell us now.

No matter how stupid it can't be any more stupid than the dotards I have had to deal with today.

I have some 38mm deep white alloy rims, plan is mask up a WW1 dazzle camo pattern an spray then a coat of lacquer maybe with a flake on the black sections Bikes black an white so it should work.

Dazzle camo for reference, I have tonnes of tape as well

world-war-1-dazzle-camouflage.jpg?w=740&h=600
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Great ride home, not just due to my speed and passing lots of cars. Stopped in the park to watch lots of deer action. Several big pointy stags either side of the path bellowing at each other and posturing. One of them came very close and was looking quite intimidating. There was a small group of us doing our best trying not to look or smell like an alluring doe. Glorious sunny evening too, unfortunately pictures didn't come out very well.
  • Matthewfalle
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Great ride home, not just due to my speed and passing lots of cars. Stopped in the park to watch lots of deer action. Several big pointy stags either side of the path bellowing at each other and posturing. One of them came very close and was looking quite intimidating. There was a small group of us doing our best trying not to look or smell like an alluring doe. Glorious sunny evening too, unfortunately pictures didn't come out very well.

Stopped in the park to watch lots of deer action.

Hmmmmm - a euphemism amongst polite society for dogging?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Step83 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

OOOh - no. Tell us now.

I have some 38mm deep white alloy rims, plan is mask up a WW1 dazzle camo pattern an spray then a coat of lacquer maybe with a flake on the black sections Bikes black an white so it should work.

Dazzle camo for reference, I have tonnes of tape as well

world-war-1-dazzle-camouflage.jpg?w=740&h=600

Yeah - what the hell.

Do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    hopkinb wrote:
    Here you go all you nork/butt starved Bb'ers. My foot and my current view. Bl00dy irritating voices, and obviously can't lay off the biscuits.

20171012_111824.jpg
    Hope you had a harpoon handy.

I survived the secone day at the transfer pricing conference. Thought I would pedal in to work then treat myself to a full English at he conference brekkie as it was only a couple of tube stops away. Dropped into the office on the way back to collect my bike and make sure the minions were behaving. Now home and ready for Friday...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Just superglued my tongue to the top of my mouth and covered the backs of my front teeth in super glue.

This may prove inconvenient.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    Just superglued my tongue to the top of my mouth and covered the backs of my front teeth in super glue.

This may prove inconvenient.

Gargle with acetone?
  • Matthewfalle
    Am using Pastis. It seems to be doing the job.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.