wednesday we found you in the spare room with your eyes no longer there

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,431
edited October 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, office, mainline espresso

may bail early and listen to more loud music

fed up with the cold and gloomy days already, and there's still ages until midwinter
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning , blowing a gale here, just having some breakfast and a nice cuppa
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    WFH - got work to do, so best to hide away

Might have a quick blast on a bike later
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Off to a 2 day tax conference on transfer pricing. Whoopee. At least the food is free and it beats working. Hopefully nothing will blow up at the office as IM only two tube stops away so would have no excuse to go back and sort it...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Off to a 2 day tax conference on transfer pricing.
    Oooh. Lucky you. Don't you have a minion for TP?
    Contemplating breakfast and coffee before heading off for mooching.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Spotted my first rider with a red front bike light this winter this morning.

Otherwise nothing interesting happening here today.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    First Aid training all day for me with the usual M&S sandwiches and pork pies for lunch. If there was a competitive element, like who could make the dummy spit the ball out the furthest, I'd be more enthused.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, work are going full Big Brother and will be able to look at my screen remotely whenever from now on, going to have to use my phone a lot more now...

Wet day, no cycling or looking at trees for me
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    seanoconn wrote:
    First Aid training all day for me with the usual M&S sandwiches and pork pies for lunch. If there was a competitive element, like who could make the dummy spit the ball out the furthest, I'd be more enthused.

You are t-bagging a dummy!!!!!!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, tad blowy here, leaves etc being blown about. Coffee an a doughnut this morning feeling very much like the police with this meal.
    Anyway onwards to crapness, some senior berk has announced his laptops being giving profile sync errors for the few months so have to remotely back it up for him. Just a casual 55gb roaming data folder. Many expletives were said quite loudly upon discovery.
    Appears to be some mutiny planned amongst the ranks though people planning on walking out, refusing to do things etc. I shall sit back an watch the fireworks on this one.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    seanoconn wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmb1tqYqyII

Do it. You know it makes sense.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    TLW1 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

You are t-bagging a dummy!!!!!!
    Seano's not exactly fussy. :roll:

Morning folks,
    Feeling a little worse for wear this morning after more beers than is sensible and a ruby. Good fun though and work paid which is good. Just trying to keep my head down for most of the day, not been very successful so far. Might do a bit of boat rocking later if I can be bothered.
    Got a sixth form options evening with the female child later, deep joy. This may delay my arrival at the pub which is a problem. I may have to resort to tutting and looking at my watch.
    Onwards, to coffee.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Step83 wrote:
    Appears to be some mutiny planned amongst the ranks though people planning on walking out, refusing to do things etc. I shall sit back an watch the fireworks on this one.
    I think sitting back and watching is best. I'm a believer in not burning bridges as you will probably need a reference at least.
    didn't say the other day but hope it works out well for you and as you say it may give you the motivation to move on to bigger and better things.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Just had a letter through saying that I have been invited to the final stage of becoming a chartered tree looker-atter, just a professional interview in November and I'll be even more qualified at looking at trees than I am now.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Yep, and he's here as well - I allowed him out as a treat. Well he also does a lot of the direct tax stuff as we're only a dinky sized department compared to GBC (I guess).

I'm keeping up with the latest stuff as the buck stops here, 'specially as I designed and implemented our current TP model :shock:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I think sitting back and watching is best. I'm a believer in not burning bridges as you will probably need a reference at least.
    didn't say the other day but hope it works out well for you and as you say it may give you the motivation to move on to bigger and better things.

Exactly best way all round. I have spammed out some applications to jobs locally an I have a friend at Redbull Racing whos put in a good word for me so have to see what occurs.
  • hopkinb
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Yep, and he's here as well - I allowed him out as a treat. Well he also does a lot of the direct tax stuff as we're only a dinky sized department compared to GBC (I guess).

I'm keeping up with the latest stuff as the buck stops here, 'specially as I designed and implemented our current TP model :shock:

Cost plus 5%? :D
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Cost plus 5%? :D
    That's pretty much what it used to be :lol:
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    I went to the gym twice today if anyone cares.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    Step83 wrote:
    Exactly best way all round. I have spammed out some applications to jobs locally an I have a friend at Redbull Racing whos put in a good word for me so have to see what occurs.

we did some stuff for them on behalf on one of our gmc punters, they were quite nice to work with
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    I went to the gym twice today if anyone cares.

No.

Me worked on PPP again today me. Tomorrow will be day 4 of it. I'm fed up already. Just want to go and pedal. In fact, I need to go pedal, it's got that bad.
    Two of my old crew helping plasterboard 1.5 ceilings tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it and simultaneously, not looking forward to it.
    Rain off and on. Tiny bit of sunshine. Speaking of which, where's Gazza these days?

Thick home made cream of vegetable soup for dinner for me and the Toots. OH working.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    Fark me it's hot. Lots of walking round and round. Palaces, gardens, museums, tanneries. The tanneries was a con job, looked at the tanneries, guided into a leather co-operative. Bought a little pink leather purse for mini H3, pleading poverty. Luckily I've made a point of carrying very little cash, so i emptied my pockets came up with about 6 quid and said that was my final price. Tanneries farking stink.
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    Tanneries farking stink.

Something to do with Ammonia IIRC. I think TLW sells them his pi$$ after a night out.
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Tanneries farking stink.

Something to do with Ammonia IIRC. I think TLW sells them his pi$$ after a night out.
    Pigeon sh!t as well. Big tanks of stinking hides.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Fark me it's hot. Lots of walking round and round. Palaces, gardens, museums, tanneries. The tanneries was a con job, looked at the tanneries, guided into a leather co-operative. Bought a little pink leather purse for mini H3, pleading poverty. Luckily I've made a point of carrying very little cash, so i emptied my pockets came up with about 6 quid and said that was my final price. Tanneries farking stink.
    I'm imagining that Life of Brian scene:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u75XQdTxZRc
  • sungod
    tanneries, africa, hmm, what could possibly go wrong? well, there's always anthrax

i prescribe a course of strong spirits as a preventative measure
  • hopkinb
    sungod wrote:
    tanneries, africa, hmm, what could possibly go wrong? well, there's always anthrax

i prescribe a course of strong spirits as a preventative measure
    This anthrax?
    c24fe8b7444c089664480c519c67db7b383ed8fa_hq.jpg
    They weren't there. :D
    Off to go and find dinner.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,949
    Didn't tanneries in London Victorian times depend on the dog poo that was collected from the streets? Haven't they improved at all?
  • pinno
    Didn't tanneries in London Victorian times depend on the dog poo that was collected from the streets? Haven't they improved at all?

Thriving business in Marrakesh apparently.
  • Errr, nope.

Currently drinking over priced wine and what's even worse is that tomorrow I'll have to buy a coffee in a trendy high street shop.
    Advocate of disc brakes.