my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    WFH - which meant the pub was enjoyed rather too much yesterday

Off to the doctors yet again about my hernia type thing
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, feeling a bit better this morning no alcohol consumed yesterday, a fine start to the day here as well
    Doctors appointment, then bike ride
    Have a good week
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    edited October 2017
    Morning folks,
    Not quite as cold here this morning, quite pleasant riding through the park in fact. The big stags were bellowing at each other as they were willy waving and gathering their harems together.
    Out for a short ride and a couple of drinks with a mate tonight. Drinking will probably take longer than riding.
    How's H³ getting on? He's off somewhere warm and sunny now isn't he. Talking of which, had some pics sent through by the lad, looks amazing. He went scuba diving with sharks but unfortunately the battery died before he saw the sharks. That's his story anyway.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning,

Grey today, no rain forecast. Need to start prepping the bike for racing on the weekend

Boss and colleagues forgot that we have meeting so they are now speeding down the motorway, first time I've ever heard my boss apologise...
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao

I am back. It was long but enjoyable and I managed to be a hero in front of some hotties which was nice.

Raining here so going to spend all day sorting out my big bag of plasters before going to the gymnasium heading into mad dash post school stuff n tings.

Was offered med i/c for an expedition heading off mid next year which wouldn't have been brilliant but am already away and dates cross by 2 days so utter bummer that I can't do it but reminded them that as I am the king of rock n roll to always come to me first.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Anyone else watch Naomi this morning? So lovely. She made my day.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Veronese68 wrote:
    How's H³ getting on? He's off somewhere warm and sunny now isn't he..
    Packing. For 4 nights in Marrakech. Which requires 23kg of checked baggage for Mrs H³. Or in my case, a toothbrush and some spare pants in case I sh!t myself.
    Lording it up with crumpled looking businessmen in the BA lounge a la sungod later. See how many packets of biscuits I can hide in my bag.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Back to the tedium of carpentry today. Managed to get a fine collection of splinters in fingers. Going to be a long slow week at this rate though, was hoping to have it all done by maybe Thursday but that looks optimistic dammit. :|

Pool is now in service. Excellent.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    hopkinb wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Packing. For 4 nights in Marrakech. Which requires 23kg of checked baggage for Mrs H³. Or in my case, a toothbrush and some spare pants in case I sh!t myself.
    Lording it up with crumpled looking businessmen in the BA lounge a la sungod later. See how many packets of biscuits I can hide in my bag.

it's a law of nature that womens' luggage expands to fill all available capacity

watch out for the panic "i left xyz behind at the hotel" once you're at the airport, done it to me twice now, both times she'd packed it and not remembered, let alone known which case it was in

i had the staff of brussells conrad turning rooms over looking for something that had been "left in the room", it turned up a few weeks later when she wanted to use a suitcase for another trip

only way to survive is drink all the bubbly!

have a good time
  • Matthewfalle
    Back to the tedium of carpentry today. Managed to get a fine collection of splinters in fingers.t.

Scrub with wire brush then drink Pastis to avoid ebolaids.

Job jobbed.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Belated congrats H3 - the happiest day of your life second time around. Any pics of bridesmaids' norks?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Birmingham airport bound for Madeira. Play nice and I will bring you back some cake
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Bloody hell, everybody's going on holiday except me.
    Well, two people and neither of them are Sungod. Have a great time chaps, pictures of holiday norks always welcome. Not your own I should add.
    Had another phone call from the lad this morning. That's a call every day and a half at the current rate. I'm not expecting him to keep this up for the entire time he's away. I think he's just really excited still and wants to share it with us. Must admit I'm very glad he's having such a good time, sorry to bang on about it.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, cracking start found a lovely email stating were basically jobless at some point next year. New IT solutions being offered an everywhere else they've rolled this out they chop the team down by 3/4s then shut the roles off to Cape Town.

Anyway onto more cheery things. I have coffee, an that's about it.
  • Matthewfalle
    That sucks - sorry to hear.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    sungod wrote:
    it's a law of nature that womens' luggage expands to fill all available capacity

watch out for the panic "i left xyz behind at the hotel" once you're at the airport, done it to me twice now, both times she'd packed it and not remembered, let alone known which case it was in

i had the staff of brussells conrad turning rooms over looking for something that had been "left in the room", it turned up a few weeks later when she wanted to use a suitcase for another trip

only way to survive is drink all the bubbly!

have a good time
    The law of luggage capacity - how true. Fortunately Stropteen hasn't quite mastered this yet so my suitcase is not the first overspill destination for un-necessary stuff.

The one I always get is 'Have we packed such and such?' when we are in the car headed to the airport with not quite enough time to turn around and go back without missing the plane or making the drive a stressed out nightmare. I wouldn't mind but it's usually stuff they can do without so I just keep going and tell them they should have thought of it before they left, which always goes down well.

Afternoon all - nice cool pedal in this morning. Spent most of the manipulating torturing power point presentations ready for presentations to the 'God Squad'. I've now tortured the numbers enough that they'll tell us what we want to hear. On the plus side, the Evil Empire is expanding again as I got sign off for an extra minion. Not sure where I'm going to put them all :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Step83 wrote:
    Morning, cracking start found a lovely email stating were basically jobless at some point next year. New IT solutions being offered an everywhere else they've rolled this out they chop the team down by 3/4s then shut the roles off to Cape Town.

If it's any consolation, our lot tried doing the same thing a few years ago and it didn't work as they couldn't get the staff there, so they're moving it all back - to Poland.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Step83 wrote:

Shoot news
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    Step83 wrote:

hmm, email, always a caring way to give that sort of news, sign of gutless leadership

here's hoping you come out of it well

if you have chance for skills development, sdn/nfv is an area one to consider if you've not looked at it before, most of our punters are going that way and it's likely many will be cutting people/suppliers as they do it - cisco will give you a freebie meraki ap to experiment just for watching a webinar https://meraki.cisco.com/webinars it gets you access to the basics if you've not tried it
  • hopkinb
    Bloody lounge is packed, they must let anyone in these days. We'll, I'm here I suppose. Having a glass of more than acceptable claret and a bag of crisps though.
  • step83
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    If it's any consolation, our lot tried doing the same thing a few years ago and it didn't work as they couldn't get the staff there, so they're moving it all back - to Poland.

They've pretty much signed off on it from what I understand, to be fair its probably the wakeup call I need to get out of here. The pay is poor compared to the industry average locally and we are extremely ring fenced in what we can touch, to the point if I noted in AD they needed to be a member of a group, I'm not allowed to change it I have to assign it to another group who are allowed to, makes no sense to me.
    sungod wrote:

hmm, email, always a caring way to give that sort of news, sign of gutless leadership

here's hoping you come out of it well

if you have chance for skills development, sdn/nfv is an area one to consider if you've not looked at it before, most of our punters are going that way and it's likely many will be cutting people/suppliers as they do it - cisco will give you a freebie meraki ap to experiment just for watching a webinar https://meraki.cisco.com/webinars it gets you access to the basics if you've not tried it

Yes have to love the soulless emails sent out trying to be enthusiastic its akin to a mariachi band accompanying a firing squad.
    Annoyingly work block anything remotely useful so (Give you an idea we had to fight to get the MSKB added to the allowed list of sites) ill have a nose at that later we were meant to look at SDN/NFV but again, they decided it would be better going to the network support teams, which were not.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    TLW1 wrote:
    Off to the doctors yet again about my hernia type thing

Use Duct tape.
    oxoman wrote:
    Afternoon, muchos mud in the wilderness called the cannock wilds...

Did you bump into the wild Ballysnmate?
    ...Managed to get a fine collection of splinters in fingers.

Yep. Have you ever got those tiny bits of black swarf in your finger when putting in drywall screws? They fester quick and are painful. I put a bit of insulation tape around my left first finger which guides the screw and usually gets the swarf in it.

No luck Step. There's always social work.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Must admit I'm very glad he's having such a good time, sorry to bang on about it.

Yeah; shuddup.

Was going to pedal but it rained instead.
    Me did silly little jobs ahead of finishing the plaster boarding me. Felt like I did little and going slightly over budget because I needed a flue liner for the wood burner + not finally completing it has left me a bit depressed. Perhaps tea and Lidl's best Oatie biscuits dunked in it will help.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Step83 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

They've pretty much signed off on it from what I understand, to be fair its probably the wakeup call I need to get out of here. The pay is poor compared to the industry average locally and we are extremely ring fenced in what we can touch, to the point if I noted in AD they needed to be a member of a group, I'm not allowed to change it I have to assign it to another group who are allowed to, makes no sense to me.
    Sounds like you need to GTFO. Sometimes this sort of thing forces you to do stuff you should have done earlier - my two best career moves were both after I was made redundant.

I'm looking for a new minion if you want to join the Dark Side :P
  • hopkinb
    Nous sommes arrivé. C'est trés fcuking hot. Going to sit in the roof bar pour une bière.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    hopkinb wrote:
    Nous sommes arrivé. C'est trés fcuking hot. Going to sit in the roof bar pour une bière.

Une bière ? Vraiment???
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • step83
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I'm looking for a new minion if you want to join the Dark Side :P

Long as you dont pay in bananas id be tempted
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb wrote:

Une bière ? Vraiment???

Oui, oú pêut etre trois. :D
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Une bière ? Vraiment???

Oui, oú pêut etre trois. :D

That's like pukka innit. Got any chips?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    I see they got the internet in Marrakesh :roll:

Of all the occasions I would expect someone not to be posting on BB...

Did you perform a Crike MF after some dodgy Bee swallowing incident?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    Who criked who? Crikey.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.