gemini octalink spindle length...

phils928
phils928 Posts: 4
edited October 2017 in MTB workshop & tech
Hello I am desperately hoping that one of you geniuses can help... I need to replace the bottom bracket on my old CannondaleGemini 900.. So far simples... Buy a new one fit it problem is the bike is in Portugal at my holiday home and I live in UK where I am now....I intended to buy one here chuck it in with my luggage and change it there... The problem is although I know its a 68mm octalink english thread I dont know the spindle length...could any one take a stab at what it would be its a tripple chainring shimano crank set I do have a couple of pics but no idea how to post them .... Yours a hopefull idiot..

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Depends on the specific crankset. And the chainline you want.

http://sheldonbrown.com/bbsize.html
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Hi thanks so much for your reply I dont know the exact crank model but I do have a few photos just dont know how to post them...
  • cooldad
    In the FAQs. Upload to a hosting site like Flickr and put the image url between Img tags using the Img button in 'Full Editor'.

faq.php#f3r3
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Research suggests it was fitted with a Truvative Firex crank - are you sure it's Shimano?

Assuming its the Firex, since SRAM bought Truvativ the old manuals aren't on their website.

Truvativ however have traditionally used 113mm axle widths (in all internal bearing applications, including ST and ISIS) so I'd lay odds on it being that.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • cooldad
    That would give a 47.5mm chainline with Shimano as well, so probably close enough whatever it is.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools