saturday fear the beast

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,431
edited October 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

ride cafes, cakes

off to theatre later at behest of mrs s, matinee, really must try to not nod off
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, wet here this morning so the winter bike will be having a run out,
    Not much else to do , so I might have the afternoon in the pub,
    Enjoy the theatre sungod, what will you be snoozing to?
    Have agood weekend
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Daddy day care weekend, so lots of fun and not so much food :)

First I've got to cycle into town to pick up the car after last nights fun at the octoberfest type thing in town. Then dad's taxi stuff then off to meet some pals in a dad's vs kids karting competition

Later will be pub based - easy to feed them there
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Went out for a few beers with my lad last night. Unusual for me as I am like the Olympic torch.
    Someone was snoring and farting in our bed last night and I would be surprised if I didn't get the blame.
    Either that or the missus got VN round while I was dead to the world.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Not me, you've got a womble in your wardrobe.
    Traditional slow start being enjoyed. Need to put some lights up in the kitchen, not sure what else the day will bring.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    T minus 3 hours and 35. Had my first proper shave in 2 years, avoided nicking myself. I have 2 hours before the cab arrives, so a few speech run throughs and that's about it.
    Hope you all have a good Saturday!
  • Lads playing football so sat watching that, followed by a haircut then shopping. Early night tonight as we're running a half marathon tomorrow :?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    Go for a quick pint or three to soothe the nerves Hopper, then maybe a whiskey chaser. What could possibly go wrong?
    How it all goes well and you have a great day.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    hopkinb wrote:
    T minus 3 hours and 35. Had my first proper shave in 2 years, avoided nicking myself. I have 2 hours before the cab arrives, so a few speech run throughs and that's about it.

Good luck Hoppy. Take a deep breath and dive in. You might come out the other side in one piece, you might not but either way, you will have done it. Shaving is FPITA, so sympathies there.

Wet here too. Great if you're with a lady but terrible if you're in the jungle. What's it like over there Gazza?

Need to occupy toots.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    hopkinb wrote:

You forgot to let us know where the reception is being held
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    hopkinb wrote:
    Hope the ball n chain attachment goes as painlessly as possible Hoppy :) Let us know when you're allowed out for a beer.

I'm in job mode today. Haircut, bank, shops, tip, car wash etc etc. No footy which frees up some time. May go for a run later with Stropteen as she's getting a bit stress about weight etc, although I did explain that running 2k at a pace that her old man found a bit easy wasn't going to do that much.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    How old is Stropteen? I guess with her healthy mix of Portuguese, Asian and English gene's, she's either going to be some stunning bit of exotica or will look like the back end of a bus and wear her collars of her Polo shirt up.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    How old is Stropteen? I guess with her healthy mix of Portuguese, Asian and English gene's, she's either going to be some stunning bit of exotica or will look like the back end of a bus and wear her collars of her Polo shirt up.
    More of the former. Still slightly stroppy but as I said to Stressbag, with her looks and my brains she should do alright :P Boyfrriend still on the scene so I guess she must get a decent mark out of 10 on the teenage lad rating scale.

You have all this still to come - x2 :shock:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I'm dreading the female child getting a boyfriend, it's inevitable I guess. To continue the Sid the Sexist theme my advice to the boy when he said he and the girlfriend were going to try to stay together whilst he was travelling was "if you get distracted don't forget to wear a raincoat"
    Let's hope Stropteen doesn't get your personality eh Stevo :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I'm dreading the female child getting a boyfriend, it's inevitable I guess. To continue the Sid the Sexist theme my advice to the boy when he said he and the girlfriend were going to try to stay together whilst he was travelling was "if you get distracted don't forget to wear a raincoat"
    Cheeky tw@t :D
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,550
    Relatively slack day. Only visited two different hardware stores. Ran some wiring in for a garden light to be installed later. A swim and some P & Q laying in the sun for a while. More pretend-chippie work this afternoon.

Drinks, dinner and nearly collapsed in a heap on the sofa...
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

What personality?
  • pinno
    Come on Gilbert
  • No beasts to fear here.
    Good luck to hopkinb, good idea to have a couple of whiskies inside you. I know I did on my wedding day, made the day fly by :D
    Had a cooked breakfast at about 1pm with some Hommelbier. My twunt neighbours have returned, so the music is going right up. Will have to buy some new tyres for the commuter soon and spending money always makes me feel unwell.
    Laters.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Cheeky tw@t :D
    I don't think that's news to anyone :mrgreen:
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

What personality?
    Looks like it's national cheeky tw@t week :)
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    More of the former. Still slightly stroppy but as I said to Stressbag, with her looks and my brains she should do alright :P Boyfrriend still on the scene so I guess she must get a decent mark out of 10 on the teenage lad rating scale.

I'm still waiting for my invitation for beers at yours when strop teen has a pyjama party with all her mates :roll:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

I'm still waiting for my invitation for beers at yours when strop teen has a pyjama party with all her mates :roll:
    As soon as she stops being jail bait, Seano makes his move :lol:
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

As soon as she stops being jail bait, Seano makes his move :lol:
    So the pyjama party is in 2037?
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Stevo_666
    She might be too old for a pyjama party at 36...although the age diff between her and 'Uncle Bulgaria' would still be a bit creepy :)
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    She might be too old for a pyjama party at 36...although the age diff between her and 'Uncle Bulgaria' would still be a bit creepy :)
    Best make it 2057 then.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • pinno
    No beasts to fear here.
    Good luck to hopkinb, good idea to have a couple of whiskies inside you. I know I did on my wedding day, made the day fly by :D
    Had a cooked breakfast at about 1pm with some Hommelbier. My twunt neighbours have returned, so the music is going right up. Will have to buy some new tyres for the commuter soon and spending money always makes me feel unwell.
    Laters.

Vittoria CX. Cheapest here:

https://www.probikekit.co.uk/bicycle-ty ... 0wodjzAHaQ
  • sungod
    managed to avoid zzzz during theatre, fortified myself with coffee beforehand, so the pre-play/interval bubbly didn't hit too hard - play "the best man" (i give it 4 out of 5), followed by italian and more bubbly, then spirituous liqueurs, mrs s in mellow mood, i think my liver needs a holiday

nighty night
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    All fcuking done. Marvellous. Happy Sunday BBers.
  • sungod
    as mf has missed the chance, any pics of bridesmaids' norks?
  • Stevo_666
    sungod wrote:
    as mf has missed the chance, any pics of bridesmaids' norks?
    He'll be too busy doing jobs to post stuff.