Bike Fit - Adrian Timmis or Paul Hewitt?

13»

Comments

• Herbsman
    Herbsman Posts: 2,029
    Appraisal of a bike fitter should be solely with respect to the job they do, not whether they were a pro cyclist or they rode the Tour de France. Nobody cares if you had a nice chat about cycling
    CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Herbsman wrote:
    Appraisal of a bike fitter should be solely with respect to the job they do, not whether they were a pro cyclist or they rode the Tour de France. Nobody cares if you had a nice chat about cycling

Yeah, would just as rather spend 3hrs with a miserable fecker who didn't have a nice word to say.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Coach H
    Coach H Posts: 1,092
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Herbsman wrote:

Yeah, would just as rather spend 3hrs with a miserable fecker who didn't have a nice word to say.

And its a good job Ada doesn't talk about his own cycling much but does concentrate on YOUR bike fit
    Coach H. (Dont ask me for training advice - 'It's not about the bike')
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Herbsman wrote:

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    Living MY dream.
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    anyone got any experience of the Bike Whisperer's fitting service in West London - they apparently have a good rep?
    A bit steeper than some of the options mentioned above, but that's west London innit I suppose ...
    http://www.thebikewhisperer.co.uk/servi ... e-fitting/

Yes, brilliant! Not cheap, but I spent 6 hours there and had a great experience. Really was a pleasure to talk with Scherrit about all aspects of cycling, fit, physiology etc. And we had a lovely big pizza for lunch too (on the house).
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • Herbsman
    Herbsman Posts: 2,029
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Herbsman wrote:

:roll:

Where exactly in my comment above did I suggest that a bike fitter should be a 'miserable fecker who didn't have a nice word to say'? Please point it out, because I'm struggling to find it.

You're living in cuckoo land mate, which probably explains why you big this bloke up based partly on irrelevant facts, such as 'ex-pro who has ridden Tour de France' / 'had a nice chat about cycling' / 'it's a very nice shop' etc, when the only thing that actually matters is how good a bike fitter he is.
    CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Because some people care about customer experience, it's a nice bonus to having a good bike fit. You implied that it doesn't matter how the person is. It matters to me.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Do you fit the rider to the bike, or bike to the rider? One adjusts easily, one does not. So which is the best to adjust? And which will give the biggest return on investment?
    Live to ski
    Ski to live
  • If you follow Adrian on twitter you'll find he hardly ever mentions he rode the tour
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Ha - he did today - posted a picture of himself riding up Ventoux in '87!!!
  • anyone had experience with le beau velo??
    London2Brighton Challange 100k!
    http://www.justgiving.com/broxbourne-runners
  • mikenetic
    mikenetic Posts: 486
    anyone had experience with le beau velo??

Yes.

I've had a fit done by Mal who runs Le Beau Velo in conjunction with Jo Macrae (who works both independently and with Mal), and I've been incredibly happy with the results. http://jomcrae.co.uk/

It was done as part of a corrective & strengthening exercise program put together for me by Jo. Having both of them working together, looking at how my body was/should be functioning and the interplay between that and the bike was great.

Interestingly, I recently went up to Brian Rourke for a frame fit/build, and part of that process is assessing your current setup. Their approach is quite different, but they said that the fit was (in their words) "spot on," and that's pretty unusual.

So, one fit that's working for me, and a second independent check that came to the same conclusion.
  • AndyT79
    AndyT79 Posts: 10
    I went with Midlandbikefit in the end, £99 for the whole fit. Took about 3 hours, great experience.
  • Is he still fitting? Could do with some advice, getting knee pane and shoulders aching after just an hour. Think it’s where brake hoods are set but I’ve tried adjusting and made it worst.
  • dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,216
    He on longer has the shop, but I understand he is still doing bike fits.
    http://www.cadencesport.co.uk/
  • thanks I just booked, found out on todyas ride loads of riders round hear been to him and not heard one bad thing, even a guy with a prosthetik hand and he made him something to help. ill post on hear what I think, I'm waiting until after holiday in Mallorca to go though
  • PH is very old skool. If it were me looking for a bike fit (not that I ever would), I'd go with the one more in tune with modern day theories on biomechanics...
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,718
    AndyT79 wrote:
    Hi Guys,

Just looking to get a bike fit in the midlands area but i'm torn between a couple of companies ...

The reviews from Cadence sport are great, but the price seems quite high and the waiting list is quite long... do you have any other recommendations?
    I've seen both http://bikedynamics.co.uk and http://midlandbikefit.com look decent and a bit cheaper than Cadence, has anyone used either of these?

Any advice would be appreciated

Andy

Bike Science in Derby is a good choice imo.

I'm not a fan.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • got my fit from Adrian Timmis, difference is massive. Took bike to Mallorca before for a week and problems with shoulder blades, neck and left knee stopped me from doing big miles I wanted to do and got my fit last week, then drove down to Cotswolds and did six hour ride with some mates, no pain at all now. great guy too. didn't feel rushed, he gave me loads of info on training especially now i'm only five years of being 50! i'm going to invest in a better turbo for the winter though cause roads round here are shite and I'm self employed so cant afford to be off work if I get smashed up. he does most of his riding on turbo and is still fitter than most 20year olds I no.
  • he does most of his riding on turbo and is still fitter than most 20year olds I no.

Amazing.......
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    he does most of his riding on turbo and is still fitter than most 20year olds I no.

Amazing.......

Not just a turbo though...its a full blown wahoo kickr with all the works...

AT isn't to far from me - Ive been twice now. I thinks its money well spent. When I was younger I could hop on any bike, any saddle - As I get older I need things setting up more precisely.