'ning

gym, cafe, wfh, do stuff, etc.

is it friday? it must be, otherwise there's no explanation
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    TFI Friday

Been a long week with lots of politics and the dice set - time to buckle up because it's going to be a bumpy ride

Going to work locally, so I can cycle and be back in time for the pub
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, bloody cold here the external thermometer is reading 4 degsC, best break out some warmer clothes for this mornings bike ride,
    Did anyone notice how bright last nights moon was shining, A harvest moon apparently
    Have a good day
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    I have a cold. I think I may be dying. Dying. Dying I tell you. Near to death.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Fire training from from 10-4 today :roll: I wonder if they'll show the Bradford stadium fire again. I might paint some eyes onto my eyelids as I expect to be snoozing within the first couple of hours.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Hold on Matthew, hold on! Stay away from the light! I think there's some out of date cold and flu pills in the bathroom cabinet.
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    annoying amount of traffic on the way to new office ... still the massive bus lane must be a sign to buy a TT bike for the commute and be "that" man
  • Matthewfalle
    seanoconn wrote:
    Hold on Matthew, hold on! Stay away from the light! I think there's some out of date cold and flu pills in the bathroom cabinet.

sounds perfect - thank you. I will wash them down with Calpol and beer.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Lovely but brisk wobble in to work this morning. Very glad it's fryday, I'll have to eat lots of fried pig at lunchtime to maintain my god like figure. Later will be meeting the Mrs at the pub for a few drinks. Until then it's just a matter of dealing with idiots.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Morning. Driving to wales for a couple of days, then down to somerset, me hearties! Need to ake cat to cat hotel.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, great thread title today

I still feel ill, I don't think it's a normal cold though. Everything hurts and my stomach feels a bit dodgy, shouldn't have bothered coming in. I need to ride the mtb in preparation for racing next weekend but I can't see me recovering from my aids soon. The race is at Dunkeld on steep/dangerous stuff so some prep might be useful...
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Thats a coincidence. Im taking dog to dog hotel. She is not pleased. Then a day more or less to myself. Pick kids up later and take them to my in law's. Speech practice, visualise the day, iron a shirt, nice early night after a glass of rum. Then make an honest woman of Mrs H3 tomorrow.
  • Garry H
    hopkinb wrote:
    Thats a coincidence. Im taking dog to dog hotel. She is not pleased. Then a day more or less to myself. Pick kids up later and take them to my in law's. Speech practice, visualise the day, iron a shirt, nice early night after a glass of rum. Then make an honest woman of Mrs H3 tomorrow.

Ere 'opkin, awp it aw goes well for ya my sahn! ( shall I drop this cockney shizzle now?)
  • Matthewfalle
    HaydenM wrote:
    but I can't see me recovering from my aids soon. ..

Have you scrubbed with a wire brush yet?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Garry H
    HaydenM wrote:

Try using a cocktail of Toilet Duck and Mr Muscle as well. Worked for me.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    Me thinks Calpol is used generically by MF seen as he has access to some lovely potions and medicinal compounds which would make for one helluva good party if he would be so inclined to invite us and not keep it all to himself, veiling the real stuff. The selfish b4stard.

So Gazza is going to the Wes' Cuntry and wot's will yew be doin' there me boy? I hope it's a proper job with cider, women and song. With a bit of boot legging and racketeering thrown in.

@HaydenM: You're sickness is sin. Sin for having a logical argument with your other half some weeks back. You feel guilty and haven't resolved your differences and until you grovel on your knees for forgiveness, you will die slowly. Or else rub Beetroot on it.

I'm going pedalling.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • haydenm
    Garry H wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

Try using a cocktail of Toilet Duck and Mr Muscle as well. Worked for me.

Drinking bleach is a tad extreme but it may well be effective...
  • veronese68
    Calpol is just concentrated Red Bull, or is REd Bull just watered down Calpol. They taste the same at any rate.
    Yes, good luck for tomorrow H³. Hope all goes well.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    All the best Hoppy for your nuptials!

DIY meh continues.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • hopkinb
    Garry H wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Ere 'opkin, awp it aw goes well for ya my sahn! ( shall I drop this cockney shizzle now?)

Look you Gazza boyo lllgghhhwwggghllddu. You stop with the cockanee and I'll stop with the Welsh. :D
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Calpol is just concentrated Red Bull, or is REd Bull just watered down Calpol. They taste the same at any rate.
    Yes, good luck for tomorrow H³. Hope all goes well.
    Did they really used to have that on the telly! Marvellous stuff. Mrs H3 tells me she will be eating nowt but spuds and bread in October, having starved herself for the past few months.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Garry H wrote:
    Morning. Driving to wales for a couple of days, then down to somerset, me hearties! Need to ake cat to cat hotel.
    God's own MTB country, followed by cider central. Sounds good.

I discovered last night why the hound keeps going bonkers and sprinting down the garden when let out for a toilet stop. Neighbours told me there's a ferkin foxes den underneath their decking but as they're only renting the house they haven't done anything about it so the mangy bastards must be coming into our back garden all the time :roll: Luckily I know the Landlord.

Onwards to food and tax mitigation.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Garry H
    Landlord? Petrol and matches is the answer. Or a couple of jack russells. Dirty feckers.
  • haydenm
    Foxes are vermin, get a rifle, shoot it, then do some bad taxidermy on it
  • veronese68
    HaydenM wrote:
    Never mind bad taxidermy, make them fly.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    All the best Hoppy for your nuptials!

DIY meh continues.

Is this a reference to hoppy's post marriage sex life?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Veronese68 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    He he. I could make the hound go really nuts having one of those hovering just above him :twisted:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Garry H
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    He he. I could make the hound go really nuts having one of those hovering just above him :twisted:

Good ide Stevo. Hang them from a tree!
  • seanoconn
    hopkinb wrote:
    Good luck hop, get stuck in :D
  • cld531c
    cld531c Posts: 517
  • cld531c
    cld531c Posts: 517
    good luck hop, hope all goes smoothly