Help please - Focus Cayo rear hanger

forbez
forbez Posts: 62
edited October 2017 in Workshop
Whilst out on the weekend on a 100mile ride down to Tenby, South Wales, after 72 miles the rear derailleur decided to part with the frame, and went to meet the wheel!

After a little bit of frustration, I managed to change the bike back on the road by shortening the chain, and making it a single speed, to get me to the next town. Unfortunately the two bike shops were of no help and the ride was ended.

In my angry haste I threw the rear derailleur in a bush in the middle of the countryside, now I have no idea at all as to what replacement hanger I need.

Can anyone help me, it’s a 2010 Focus Cayo, and had Shimano 105 setup on there.

Is anyone able to help me identify the correct hanger. After 40 minutes in a local shop today, they were unable to help me. I have another shop to try tomorrow, but if I can order one tonight then I can get back on the road.

My Bikeradar status is : Riding a Giant Yukon FX2

Comments

• webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Have you tried googling it. It comes up with several possibilities. Or contacting a Focus dealer someone like Northern Ride in Malton.
  • Thanks Webboo, I’d googled it’s for quite some time. And as you say many options, my worry was I had no idea which was the correct one. I managed to find a local focus dealer to my office, so they’ve ordered one today for me.

And found a wonderful bike shop that isn’t a chain too. Pilot House, Swansea marina amazing.

Next onto purchasing the parts and setting it all up.

• webboo
    Maybe you should have got 2 just in case.
  • forbez
    forbez Posts: 62
    I’m still waiting on the shop, who in turn are waiting on feedback from Focus. I will be buying two rear hangers when I get the right type.

http://bestfocusbikes.blogspot.co.uk/20 ... ke-10.html

This is the actual bike, if anyone on the forums has one and is able to help me to get myself back on the road, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Tom

• webboo
    I am surprised your local Focus dealer is taking so long to get you one. The shop I mentioned Northern ride appear to be able to get things within a few days from Focus.
  • 47p2
    47p2 Posts: 329
    You need Focus Gear Hanger (32598010) available from Edinburgh Cycles £15.00 each . Part number 83859 in the picture below

Link here

frf12-focus-gear-hangers-groups-hr.jpg