Pillow recommendations

seanoconn
seanoconn Posts: 11,318
edited October 2017 in The cake stop
I've just bought the perfect mattress and now need the perfect pillow for a super duper nights sleep. I've bought a couple already, one cheaper option which felt nice but is too soft and my heads sinks to the bottom. A more expensive pair arrived yesterday, wool filled which hold their shape well but after a nights sleep the Missus agrees they're a little too firm to be comfortable. I've searched Amazon extensively but reviews are so varied. Memory foam is out, we just don't like the feel. My ideal pillow would be plump, soft but well filled enough to avoid too much head sinkage. Should I be looking at luxury feather pillows?
Suggestions please :D
Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי

Comments

• capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939

The older I get, the better I was.

• rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Stop being such a Jessie. It's a pillow. Sleep on it. If one is a bit fat get a slightly less filled one. That's it. Nothing more to be done. There should never, ever be an internet forum thread requiring advice on pillow buying. Unless it is on Mumsnet. What is the matter with the world today? Apparently most young folk today can't bleed a radiator or change a lightbulb. I bought a multipack of andrex bog roll and it had instructions for use on it!
    (and relax..... :D )
    Faster than a tent.......
  • seanoconn
    Rolf F wrote:
    Stop being such a Jessie. It's a pillow. Sleep on it. If one is a bit fat get a slightly less filled one. That's it. Nothing more to be done. There should never, ever be an internet forum thread requiring advice on pillow buying. Unless it is on Mumsnet. What is the matter with the world today? Apparently most young folk today can't bleed a radiator or change a lightbulb. I bought a multipack of andrex bog roll and it had instructions for use on it!
    I'm banned from Mumsnet :(
  • rolf_f
    seanoconn wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    I'm banned from Mumsnet :(
    Is there maybe another Mumsnet - eg on the Dark Web? Which is probably where the normal Mumsnet should really be.
  • courtmed
    courtmed Posts: 164
    I want more details on the perfect mattress - go on? Been eyeing up a Leesa myself
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    My pillows were 60 quid apiece, and we have 4 between us. Bit of research, and trial and error led me to memory foam. Seems expensive but then the mattress was upwards of 1k. Can't put a price on a good nights sleep. Since I moved in with the mrs, and she insisted on a 'proper' mattress (affluent family, expensive stuff while the rest of us struggled along......) I've never had back or neck problems besides sporting injuries.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    WTF? I thought the Telly thread would have put you off asking for advice on BR.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    Pinno wrote:
    You'd think so wouldn't you. I've learnt my lesson now.
  • rolf_f
    Pinno wrote:

Was the telly thread good? I didn't even look at it as it sounded too dull.
  • seanoconn
    You can go off people you know Rolf.
  • rolf_f
    seanoconn wrote:
    You can go off people you know Rolf.

No you can't! I'll have a look. BRB.

Edit. OK, I had a look. Didn't understand a word of it. Nothing at all about 15 year old 28" JVC cathode ray tube TVs like mine.
  • earth
    earth Posts: 934
    courtmed wrote:
    I want more details on the perfect mattress - go on? Been eyeing up a Leesa myself

Harrison.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    courtmed wrote:

Get a quilt and stuff it with horse hair. Then jump up and down on it a bit to spread it about.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    Nice to see you boys engaging in pillow talk!
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    I've got a memory foam pillow. I haven't slept well on it for months as it's trying to blackmail me!
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Is it for sleeping or bitting?