'ning

brekkie, lounge around, head to office of gmc punter of gmc, via cafe

hoping to be out quick enough for a nice lunch before the train back

have lovely days etc.
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Tired but not asleep is a shoot combo, ferkin alarm isn't due to go off for 5 mins either

Meetings followed by meetings and undecided later, but probably not pub based as I'm still struggling to balance it out with exercise due to sports hernia pain
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning lads, fine but blustery , just walked the dog, having some breakfast at the moment, out for a ride when the roads are clear of maniacs taking their children to school
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Hund hunded, breakfast breakfasted, bi-cycle out, take bambino to school on his bi-cycle then onto work.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Wedmin plus chores = surly H3. I have superglue all over my fingertips. Maybe I should do a burglary and get away with it. My phone no longer recognises my fingerprint.

Might go and hide in the bog like V68 does.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    having espresso and a madeleine at la defense

not as sunny as yesterday

may have another cake, it seems justified in the circumstances
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Me doing some PPP work me. Also going on site of gmmc (global mega corp milk company*) to take pictures of IBC's with a Glycol residue for potential recipient of IBC's. It begs 2 questions' why? and why? Why does one need anti-freeze at a milk and cheese producing factory and why does the client need pics of the IBC's?
    Same company wanted to move 257 x 30 litre high grade plastic punnet's (with standard international bung) containing Dilute Hydrochloric acid or steriliser residue shifted 'ASAP'. Took them 7 weeks to fax a single chemical sheet to me.

*Yes, we have a gmc in this toodling town. The only thing you can really grow in this place is grass.

Oh what fun.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    If you're going to hide in the bogs try not to snore H³. There's a bloke that works in the warehouse that has a tendency to fall asleep in trap 2 of the upstairs khazi, if anyone hears him snoring they bang on the side of the cubicle in the hope of making him fall off the throne.
    Lots of emails to catch up on after the day off yesterday. Not heard from the lad yet, but then he should be in the air somewhere between Dubai and Auckland at the moment.
    Hope Oxo has a better day than yesterday. My day started quite well, managed to wobble in to work and the park was open again. There was a fookin' great big stag rubbing his antlers on a tree right by the path, I kept as respectful a distance as I could.
    Lots of problems with shipping companies today, bloody irritating.
    Need coffee.
  • out for a ride when the roads are clear of maniacs taking their children to school

sighs
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    Last working day in current job, working from home. Leftover annual leave to come then back into the fray in two weeks.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Stuck at Boundary Mills outlet store with other half.
    A living death.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Morning lads, fine but blustery , just walked the dog, having some breakfast at the moment, out for a ride when the roads are clear of maniacs taking their children to school
    Pah, just go. London rush hour on a bike - no problem, maybe a bit character building in parts.

I'm a bit knackered as this is the second time this week I've cycled in and was up late last night on account of Strifey feeling ill and giving me more jobs. Now in the joys of half year reporting, wonderful. At least it's a case of 'minions do and I review'.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Been getting all engineery* this morning drilling out mounting holes for our new factory sign I've made, laser cut PFC and 20mm thick laser cut sheet lettering.

It's gonna look all engineery and industrial!

Looks like a turbo session will be had this evening as Mrs HD is Yoging.

*The Stuarts, Kevins and Bobs are all out on site so unless I go play with stuff it'll never get done.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    I'm going to have to murderise someone, ideally someone in a brown uniform. Today is not going well. Had 2 lots of customers blaming me for stuff that is nothing to do with us and they should know better. Carrier delivering stuff to the wrong place has done little to improve my mood. Important delivery going to a place just down the road from our biggest competitor got delivered to the wrong place yesterday, we just found out where it was delivered. No prizes for guessing where, just because some lazy myopic twunt couldn't be arsed to read the poxy bloody delivery note properly.
  • Matthewfalle
    Think I've broken my elbow. It really hurts. I may cry.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    How did you manage that? Looking at the upsides. Has it taken the pain away from your knee?
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569

Have you tried kissing it better?
  • sungod
    Veronese68 wrote:
    How did you manage that? Looking at the upsides. Has it taken the pain away from your knee?

i was thinking the same

but at this rate, give it another few months and it'll all be over (the fence into next door's garden)

overran with gmc punter, only had time for wine and madeleines in the lounge before getting on the train, onboard fare is generally meh, may just drink more wine and eat later
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    Day 10 of a cold, and day 10 since I last went out on the bike.

Perhaps if I hadn't gone out on the bike 11 days ago, I'd have managed to miss 10 days of runny nose and coughing like Bob Fleming?

The older I get, the better I was.

• veronese68
    Capt Slog wrote:

Perhaps if I hadn't gone out on the bike 11 days ago, I'd have managed to miss 10 days of runny nose and coughing like Bob Fleming?
    Or perhaps not. If you start taking half a pint of finest Irish Whiskey before bed every night your cold will be gone in a few days*.

* It will probably be gone in a few days anyway, but if you follow my advice I can take the credit and look clever.
  • Matthewfalle

A truck at work attacked me so I beat it up using my elbow. The truck won. My elbow lost.

I. Took some Calpol so hoping that will help. That and not doing anything at all per se, not just not doing anything with that arm.

The pain from my elbow and knee has now been blitzed into oblivion from the pain in my cerebellum caused by sitting in the school traffic for an hour.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    you are doomed

last year i got tennis elbow and golfers elbow in both elbows - aftermath of months on crutches - deeply unfair as i indulge in neither of those namby pampy past times

elbows, almost as much trouble as knees
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Capt Slog wrote:

Or perhaps not. If you start taking half a pint of finest Irish Whiskey before bed every night your cold will be gone in a few days*.

* It will probably be gone in a few days anyway, but if you follow my advice I can take the credit and look clever.

The Whisky will either make it or break it.

Sparky finally turned up today. Now, are you sitting down? Said he would finish most of it tomorrow, starting at 8,45am.
  • Matthewfalle
    sungod wrote:
    you are doomed

last year i got tennis elbow and golfers elbow in both elbows - aftermath of months on crutches - deeply unfair as i indulge in neither of those namby pampy past times

It really does blimmin' hurt. I'm just about to take some more Calpol then wait for half an hour and take some Nurofen from an old bottle I found under the kitchen sink near the toilet bleach - they work on different synapses/receptors so you can quaff away with no dramas.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    sungod wrote:
    you are doomed

It really does blimmin' hurt. I'm just about to take some more Calpol then wait for half an hour and take some Nurofen from an old bottle I found under the kitchen sink near the toilet bleach - they work on different synapses/receptors so you can quaff away with no dramas.

You quaff away until your kidney's fail :roll:

Try Naproxen - 'kin 'ell. Like Ketamin except for people.
  • hopkinb
    Ketamine is for people too, not just horses. I recall reading that there are studies out there that indicate it may be an effective treatment for depression and also alcohol addiction, though I'd be sceptical about the latter. They were also going to treat my daughter's neuropathic pain with it, but a fentanyl patch did the job.
    Mini H3 swimming lesson for me. First time for donkeys years. Normally at work.
  • Matthewfalle
    They were going to issue ketamine to us as a replacement for morphine but it got pulled at the last moment and they said neigh.

Fentanol lozenge is new best thing coming out.

Naproxone is nice washed down with cold beer.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb

Naproxone is nice washed down with cold beer.
    As is valium, but don't make a habit of it.
  • sungod
    boom boom!
  • Matthewfalle
    sungod wrote:
    boom boom!

:)

De Sisti wrote: