tuesday seeking wine in an alien land

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,432
edited October 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

early start today, off to france pour wafflez avec mon freres et un punter de gmc, maybe get bought lunch

currently quaffing espresso in le lounge, it's been redecorated, preferred the old style, distinct lack of pineapple, time for un autre avec pain au chocolat
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• sungod
    got an olde train this time, pas de wifi, but on the other hand seats are comfier than on the new ones :)
  • Eurgh, up early for an hour on Zwift before work
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Already in offices too far away from home - so tired and grumpy
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,161
    On the train into town for another busy day. Got a call this morning with some of our Barcelona lot do I'll see how much fun they had voting the other day.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Slow start due to a day off, about to take the female child to school. Most of the morning is last few bits for the lad. Late lunch is planned followed by taking him to the airport. Will be strange without him around.
    Have a good day folks.
  • Speaking of seeking wine, my dad has just come back from organising a wine tasting tour in Italy for one of his groups and brought me back 6 of these

GrandiSelezioni_Mazer_NinoNegri.png
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Having a coffee en centre ville which is actually quite a nice change.

Car has a screw in rear tyre - although its currently holding air I know that if I unscrew it at home the tyre will go down and I'll be stuck, if dude at tyre shop undoes it then it'll be fine, so car is currently there.

Then off to help mad dutch burd for an hour and crack on with the day.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Then off to help mad dutch burd for an hour and crack on with the day.

Skimmed that as helping a dutch burd smoke crack for the rest of the day. I was about to invite myself over.

Early Ocado delivery, bin day, mini H3 to choir = stressful start. Nice ride in the sun, and last day for a while as sorting wedding stuff Weds & Fri, and funeral on Thursday.

Hope Mrs V68 keeps it together at the airport. He'll be back in no time, even bigger and considerably more grown up, cluttering the place up again, eating everything in the fridge, and you'll be glad to get shot of him off to university! Though I am secretly pleased that my sprogs still have several more years at home, even if it means I can never retire. Unless I win tonight's massive Eurosquillions jackpot of course - toddles off to the newsagent to buy £10 worth of tickets.....
  • Matthewfalle
    Centre ville is well full of weirdos today - full a bit scared to tell the truth.

Don't these people have homes/jobs/families to go to?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Yay work. Had a lot of wine last night as I was making pasta sauce with a load of tomatoes I was given at the weekend and it is essential that wine is drunk while making pasta sauce. Wobbled in on the bike as driving is not a good idea in my present condition. Trying to avoid doing anything like work, hence the rambling on here.
    V68, I'm sure your lad will have a great time. Spoke to a relative last week who spent much of last year bumming around Aus in an old car and she loved it. So much she's going back when she can afford it.
    Is it lunchtime yet?
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Allo, allo, allo

Ziz wezer is very froid aujourd'hui, I will not be going any where near le centre ville avec les prolétariat.
    Must do some travial avec le wood burner so that I can get some heat when working at projet PPP.
    Didn't realise that my local Spar shop is a collection point until I ordered some Roubaix tights from Le Wiggle.

Plus tard charlatans.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Our wood burner got its first airing of the season last night, just a small fire though to seal the stove paint I touched it up with recently.

And I wouldn't recommend doing it anyway, when you close the door the paint goes soft before it fires and stocks to the stove rope :roll:
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Joyus mood today ended up doing nine hours straight yesterday because bearded hipster boy decided to take an extended lunch (as in went home) so im calmly causing him issues this morning while debating a similar lunch for myself from eleven today.
    Coffee No.2 is being drunk and avoiding work has begun.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    I did some wine-seeking. Found it! Not sure if dinner at the local golf club counts as "alien land" or not, but the wine was good.

Struggled to get started today, wasted the morning doing sod all, but managed to get a few things crossed off the work list this afternoon.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Slow start due to a day off, about to take the female child to school. Most of the morning is last few bits for the lad. Late lunch is planned followed by taking him to the airport. Will be strange without him around.
    Have a good day folks.
    Best of luck with that. How long is he gone for?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Not sure if dinner at the local golf club counts as "alien land" or not, but the wine was good.

Did you know that as a percentile of club ownership, golf clubs have more paedophiles in their membership than any other organization?

Bizarre-o fact of the day there guys.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Best of luck with that. How long is he gone for?
    Ta. Probably be gone for 8-9 months, expecting him back in late May. First stop Fiji. Then NZ, Oz and SE Asia.
    Have to delay my Steve McGarrett party until he gets back.
  • pinno
    Our wood burner got its first airing of the season last night, just a small fire though to seal the stove paint I touched it up with recently.

And I wouldn't recommend doing it anyway, when you close the door the paint goes soft before it fires and stocks to the stove rope :roll:

I never bothered with that. I have always used stove/grating black, even if it needs to be 'refreshed' every few months and you don't need to do all the prep.: clean it up with soap and water and then put it on. Good to do it when the burner is just heating up as it spreads better and also covers any dust in nooks and crannies.
  • sungod
    the moon is bright tonight, it may be an omen, btw if you ever see it really really really bright, there might be a solar flare of such vehemence that the other side of the planet is now toast, in which case party until the blast wave hits or it turns out to be a false alarm, either way you win

discovered an ex-minion has presented one of my creations as his own, unwise of him, especially as others have also spotted it, need to decide whether to slip the blade in slowly, or go for a fast kill

had a leisurely pastis in the bar, followed by saint-émilion to go with the aged jambon starter and the tartare et frites main

early night i think, need to replace at least some of the missing sleep, expert planning means i also have tawny port for a nightcap or two :)

chin-chin
  • pinno
    sungod wrote:
    discovered an ex-minion has presented one of my creations as his own, unwise of him, especially as others have also spotted it, need to decide whether to slip the blade in slowly, or go for a fast kill.

Very slow and very painful. The best scenario is him putting the noose around his own... testicles.
  • hopkinb
    sungod wrote:

had a leisurely pastis in the bar, followed by saint-émilion to go with the aged jambon starter and the tartare et frites main

early night i think, need to replace at least some of the missing sleep, expert planning means i also have tawny port for a nightcap or two :)

chin-chin

Super. What garnishes with the tartare? Any fromage?

Btw, poison the ex-minion with radioactivity.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Pizza for me.

Kill him with a hammer.
  • hopkinb
    I had pork chop, fried eggs and sauerkraut.
  • Stevo_666
    sungod wrote:
    the moon is bright tonight, it may be an omen, btw if you ever see it really really really bright, there might be a solar flare of such vehemence that the other side of the planet is now toast, in which case party until the blast wave hits or it turns out to be a false alarm, either way you win

discovered an ex-minion has presented one of my creations as his own, unwise of him, especially as others have also spotted it, need to decide whether to slip the blade in slowly, or go for a fast kill

chin-chin
    Take him out for dinner and kill him with poncey food :wink:
  • veronese68
    Garry H wrote:
    Kill him with a hammer.
    Then burn him with fire and throw him into next door's garden?
    Lad has been delivered to the airport and is on his way. Lots of tears from the Mrs and his girlfriend. He was upset but also happy and excited, emotional times. Being a cold hearted bastard I managed to hold it together for the sake of appearances.
    Work tomorrow, supposed to be a chilly start to the day.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Set fire to him with fire.

Pie.

Staircase fitted in the studio today, no more using a ladder to get upstairs :D

Hot.
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Strip him of his support or by one and point out why the slow work death/send him to alsager

Casserole
  • hopkinb
    Just had a nice thank you message on Strava from the guy I stopped to help on Sunday (flyby stalking on his part). He's bust his jaw and had stitches in the lip, but apart from that and a lot of bruising and road rash, he's ok. Not a bad outcome from a 40 mph crash into a car.
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Kill him with a hammer.
    Then burn him with fire and throw him into next door's garden?
    Lad has been delivered to the airport and is on his way. Lots of tears from the Mrs and his girlfriend. He was upset but also happy and excited, emotional times. Being a cold hearted bastard I managed to hold it together for the sake of appearances.
    Work tomorrow, supposed to be a chilly start to the day.
    Well done family V68. :D
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    hopkinb wrote:
    Just had a nice thank you message on Strava from the guy I stopped to help on Sunday (flyby stalking on his part). He's bust his jaw and had stitches in the lip, but apart from that and a lot of bruising and road rash, he's ok. Not a bad outcome from a 40 mph crash into a car.

Did he mention his missing watch and wallet?