sungod
sungod Posts: 16,535
edited October 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

cafes rides etc., followed by profound laziness

looks like it's getting nippier again
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Morning, porridge consumed, coffee being drunk, dog walked, arm and leg warmers at the ready, at least it’s fine today
    Have a good weekend
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,863
    Knackered, should have come home after football rather than more pub and invite friends back

Today is parkrun with the eldest, then drop the rugrats at theatre club

Then bike prep ready for the autumn epic tomorrow. Late afternoon I'm off with the wife into town for a decent night out
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,401
    oxoman wrote:
    Good morning All, cold fed up tired going to bed goodbye.
    No one told me it was national limited punctuation day :?

Right where to start builders woke us up at 6 and have now f@cked off for breakfast by the sound of it the buggers are too nice to your face and so make it difficult to tell them off today shall be spent mostly measuring TV's amusing kids my own not random children trying to convince traumatised teacher wifey that school is all just a bad dream and generally being a national treasure.

P.S I love you too hoppy :oops:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • I love toasts especially if its that gluten and wheat free stuff covered in butter but may end up with having porridge with a cup of green tea getting some miles in ready for holiday other than that may just eat a banana and have some beetroot juice waiting for the postman to deliver my Wiggle order and haribo
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,303
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start somewhat tempered by screaming and screeching from the idiots next door. This weekend will mainly consist of getting the lad ready for his travels.
  • sungod
    brrr, didn't quite wear enough

today's cake was a coconut macaroon with dark choc
    followed up, post laps, with scrambled eggs, bacon, and large slab of sourdough toast with a salt glaze
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,331
    Morning

Done feck all me. Kids have just about dressed themselves, fair play to them. Piles of laundry to do.
    The sun is actually out and it looks quite pleasant out there. May go to PPP and do some measuring. Might install a glass and wood (as opposed to Cafe/Airport glass and chrome) balustrade on the landing but it's damn pricey.

Gales and rain tomorrow and Monday. That will give me a moment to fettle the C40 and get the cruds back on it. I don't recognise the summer bike, covered in mud n shyte.

I'm happy for you Seano.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    seanoconn wrote:

Awwww. I'm made up. :D
    Being dragged round Kingston. Dog walking and playing with my boomerang later. Last few weddingey bits being sorted out.
  • pinno
    F*ck it. Apple pie and custard for breakfast. The benefits of doing odd jobs for the neighbours.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,482
    hopkinb wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Awwww. I'm made up. :D
    Being dragged round Kingston. Dog walking and playing with my boomerang later. Last few weddingey bits being sorted out.
    When is the big day Hoppy?

Had a lie in, dropped a load of stuff at charity shops so almost done on the jobs in Redcar. Visiting the old dear again before headed South via the scenic route with the footy on the radio.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • knackered and having my nut done n.

bambino's face is all scratched thanks to bambina, frickin' hound is annoying and no riding for at least the next 3 days.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    When is the big day Hoppy?
    A week today.
    What's with all the rapha/Assos clad fuggers riding 5 grand bikes on the pavement through Kingston market? Are they your fault V68?
    Had a hotdog as big as my head, so life is good.
  • pinno
    ...no riding for at least the next 3 days.

Turbo trainer, 3am. Man up.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Ride done. I was clad in rapha and assos, but didn't ride on any pavements, just quiet, rural lanes.

Oatcakes and pate for lunch. Now off for walk with kids and inlaws.
  • Garry H
    Pinno wrote:
    ...no riding for at least the next 3 days.

Turbo trainer, 3am. Man up.

Turbo trainer, 3 am, in the shower with the cold water running. Anything else is girly.
  • I've actually started using a cross trainer in an attempt to keep running cardio and muscles going while the knee gets sorted without enduring the impact of actually running.

But by God it's boring.....

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,303
    hopkinb wrote:
    What's with all the rapha/Assos clad fuggers riding 5 grand bikes on the pavement through Kingston market? Are they your fault V68?
    Nowt to do with me. I don't own any Wapha or Assos. Why anyone would try to ride through there on a Saturday is beyond me. Just because you're allowed to doesn't mean you should.
    Is the 'road' between John Lewis and Bentalls still shut for works? That will add extra chaos.
  • pinno
    Garry H wrote:
    Oatcakes and pate.

Eurgh. Maintaining the old Scottish/French connection?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,675
    Could be the last chance for a good weather ride on summer bike. 1st hour was horrible, lungs n legs not happy, possibly as decided to do some lumpy bits first. Body got in the mood eventually, which was nice, even if plagued for a while by stressed, rat running motorists fleeing a blocked A43 down usually tranquil lanes. No you can't keep doing 80 down single tracks, knobends. Maybe I'll start packing a firearm.
  • Garry H
    Pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Oatcakes and pate.

Eurgh. Maintaining the old Scottish/French connection?

Belgian, if you please.
  • sungod
    pate + crusty bread and/or toast

oatcakes are simply wrong, i'm not aware they go with anything

maybe they can be dried and burned to heat the oven to make crusty bread
  • Garry H
    sungod wrote:
    pate + crusty bread and/or toast

oatcakes are simply wrong, i'm not aware they go with anything

maybe they can be dried and burned to heat the oven to make crusty bread

I believe it's called "fusion" :D
  • hopkinb
    Peeling and parboiling some king Edwards to make super crisp-edged roast potatoes done in a bit of dripping. The kids love them. They even finish their green veg so they have more spuds.
    Nice walk up on the common mit der hund und die familie, the season has properly turned now.
    Could murder a glass of something red and full of southern sunshine, but instead I have 7up zero. It really isn't the same at all.
  • hopkinb wrote:
    Peeling and parboiling some king Edwards to make super crisp-edged roast potatoes done in a bit of dripping. The kids love them. They even finish their green veg so they have more spuds.
    Nice walk up on the common mit der hund und die familie, the season has properly turned now.
    Could murder a glass of something red and full of southern sunshine, but instead I have 7up zero. It really isn't the same at all.

Remind me again why you are on the wagon?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    sungod wrote:
    ...maybe they can be dried and burned to heat the oven to make crusty bread

This is very unconstructive. We need to find no purpose for them whatsoever so that we can ban them.

A bit like slugs. 2 male slugs meet on a patch of alge ridden concrete. One changes sex and they make babies. Then they get up to mischeif. Apart from Hedgehog food, what purpose do they serve?

Oat Cakes, slugs and Jacob Rees Mogg - pointless.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb wrote:

Me and alcohol are a little too friendly, so I have fairly frequent fortnights off to reset the clock as it were. I'm much better at a block of time off rather than x number of nights per week.
  • hopkinb wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Me and alcohol are a little too friendly, so I have fairly frequent fortnights off to reset the clock as it were. I'm much better at a block of time off rather than x number of nights per week.

AHHHh - got ya. That's ok then - as you were.

I'm about to have a bottle of IPA from Edwyn's Emporioum.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    From The Encyclopedia of Word and Phrase Origins, by Robert Hendrickson:

The original version of this expression, 'on the water wagon' or 'water cart,' which isn't heard anymore, best explains the phrase. During the late 19th century, water carts drawn by horses wet down dusty roads in the summer. At the height of the Prohibition crusade in the 1890s men who vowed to stop drinking would say that they were thirsty indeed but would rather climb aboard the water cart to get a drink than break their pledges. From this sentiment came the expression 'I'm on the water cart,' I'm trying to stop drinking, which is first recorded in, of all places, Alice Caldwell Rice's Mrs. Wiggs of the Caggage Patch [1901], where the consumptive Mr. Dick says it to old Mrs. Wiggs. The more alliterative 'wagon' soon replaced cart in the expression and it was eventually shortened to 'on the wagon.' 'Fall off the (water) wagon' made its entry into the language almost immediately after its abstinent sister.
  • sungod
    Pinno wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    ...maybe they can be dried and burned to heat the oven to make crusty bread

This is very unconstructive. We need to find no purpose for them whatsoever so that we can ban them.

A bit like slugs. 2 male slugs meet on a patch of alge ridden concrete. One changes sex and they make babies. Then they get up to mischeif. Apart from Hedgehog food, what purpose do they serve?

Oat Cakes, slugs and Jacob Rees Mogg - pointless.

i submit that a constructive use of oatcakes would be to force them into every orifice of jacob rees mogg until he bursts - i suspect he'd quite enjoy the first few going in, but that's no reason not to continue
  • Garry H
    Oatcakes are a superfood I tells ya. As soon as I convince triathletes of that, i'll be a millionaire. They'll fit nicely into those poncy little stem bags they use.