Getting hold of Wiggle????

JesseD
JesseD Posts: 1,961
edited October 2017 in Road general
Been trying to get hold of Wiggle since this morning about a delivery that is meant to be with me tomorrow according to the service I paid for with them, but now it seems is going to be late according to Yodel which is the service they use for their tracked deliveries.

Tried their support@wiggle email address, tried their online forms and their online chat is busy constantly so is unavailable, even tried the telephone number found on google but that just rings and rings.

Anyone else have any joy contacting them by different means, if so, how?

Wouldn't usually mind a couple of days late however they have messed up 2 other orders I placed for a cycling holiday I am going on on Saturday so I placed an order a couple of days ago with a delivery date of tomorrow, this it now seems will not be possible and I cant get hold of Yodel as it just goes to an automated service which gives me no info and their chat service is busy all the time and when you do get through they don't bother answering your questions and then end the sessions.

All very frustrating.
Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!

Comments

• dinyull
    dinyull Posts: 2,979
    Have found when I've had problems in the past that emails are usually responded to 24hrs after being sent.

Just keep an eye on online chat as it'll pop up now and again as available. F*cking annoying though.
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    Facebook message
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • JesseD
    Facebook message

I have just managed to elicit a response from them via Facebook, very slow to respond though.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    JesseD wrote:
    Facebook message

I have just managed to elicit a response from them via Facebook, very slow to respond though.

6 minutes since your original post? that seems pretty quick to me!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    H3 had this issue as well in a wheel set.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • JesseD
    Amazing service by Wiggle.

14 days to deal with my first return, 12 days to deal with my second return, now delayed my final order so i wont receive it in time to go away tomorrow despite paying for the delivery which guaranteed it would be here in time. Now I know mistakes happen but the service I have received from them over the past month is nothing short of terrible however unfortunately I am tied to them because i had vouchers given to me as present
  • JesseD
    Chris Bass wrote:
    JesseD wrote:
    Facebook message

6 minutes since your original post? that seems pretty quick to me!

no my original message was posted way before that, plus I had emailed first thing this morning and nothing, did an online form the same time and nothing, their chat service is continuously busy, so getting hold pf them is hard.

it does seem that you have to publically complain for them to react though
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    The lesson is, never order anything online with a deadline.

That's what shops are for.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    no delivery company is perfect, but yodel can be especially dire, i suspect they don't treat their drivers well, which is reflected in the service quality

unfortunately retailers such as wiggle persist in using them
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • JesseD
    Unfortunately I did try locally first but as I live on a small island and because of the time of year, the item I wanted was not in stock or available to order so checking with Wiggles it was in stock and with the guaranteed delivery dates it would have worked, however Yodel it seems have delayed and Wiggle don't really seemed bothered after my call with their complaints department today.

Funnily enough I did actually leave plenty of time to buy the items required but after a catalogue of issues the final order was rushed as I was waiting for refunds from Wiggle!

Don't think I will be using them again.
  • rumbataz
    rumbataz Posts: 796
    Wiggle cancelled one of my orders yesterday. They blamed it on a 'systems upgrade'.
  • I have found Wiggle recently are losing the edge when it comes to being the best.Their prices are no longer as competitive, and like the OP said, i have paid for next day delivery and the order has been changed once they take your money!
    Even with my platinum discount I can generally find a price match from other reputable online sales.
    don't know what the problem is, no explanations forthcoming, and there probably wont be one.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,538
    You guys are vely slow with this, what is happening.

Personally, I blame Wiggle.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    JesseD wrote:
    going to be late according to Yodel which is the service they use for their tracked deliveries.

That's not late for Yodel, that's on time.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • dannbodge
    dannbodge Posts: 1,152
    It's amazing how many bad stories I see about Wiggle.
    I've never had a bad word to say about them. Even on their free postage I've ordered bits on a Monday and they've arrived on the Wednesday.

They are still my go-to for most things (unless I need it today)
  • Dannbodge wrote:
    I've never had a bad word to say about them. Even on their free postage I've ordered bits on a Monday and they've arrived on the Wednesday.

You want to try Merlin - cheaper, faster, less Wiggle.

Merlin are the best ever.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • daniel_b
    Dannbodge wrote:

You want to try Merlin - cheaper, faster, less Wiggle.

Merlin are the best ever.

668f8c535e0ea6080f291fabc55ba80d--rock-queen-tina-turner.jpg
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • Who is Merlin?
  • figbat
    figbat Posts: 680
    Do Merlin accept Wiggle vouchers now?
    Cube Reaction GTC Pro 29 for the lumpy stuff
    Cannondale Synapse alloy with 'guards for the winter roads
    Fuji Altamira 2.7 for the summer roads
    Trek 830 Mountain Track frame turned into a gravel bike - for anywhere & everywhere
  • daniel_b
    rumbataz wrote:
    Who is Merlin?

latest?cb=20120211004021
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • daniel_b
    rumbataz wrote:
    Who is Merlin?

1200px-Rolls-Royce_Merlin.jpg
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    I posted a question on Wiggles website...

"Why is a yellow and black Garmin Forerunner 230, £174.98. Yet if you want a white and black one, exactly the same product apart from the colour of the strap, it costs £197.98 ?"

And for some bizarre reason my question was rejected. Why was this? Something to hide?
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • cooldad
    Paranoid much. Lots of things are priced differently due to colour. More popular colours sell better.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    cooldad wrote:
    Paranoid much. Lots of things are priced differently due to colour. More popular colours sell better.

Does the colour justify a £23 price difference, when the two items are identical in functionality?
    At the moment I'm drinking some coffee. Do black mugs cost £23 more than yellow mugs?
    How about a pair of jeans? Do black jeans cost £23 more than the exact same model in blue?
    https://www.jeanstore.co.uk/mens-jeans. ... 03=1000005

Do you not find selling the same product at two different prices, immoral ?
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    ben@31 wrote:
    cooldad wrote:

Does the colour justify a £23 price difference, when the two items are identical in functionality?
    At the moment I'm drinking some coffee. Do black mugs cost £23 more than yellow mugs?
    How about a pair of jeans? Do black jeans cost £23 more than the exact same model in blue?

They want to sell through the less popular colours - hence it's cheaper?
    No, I don't think it's immoral - its clearly a different product - otherwise you'd just go for the cheapest regardless.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Why do you want one over the other?
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    ben@31 wrote:
    cooldad wrote:

why don't you just buy the cheaper one if they are exactly the same product?
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • cooldad
    ben@31 wrote:
    cooldad wrote:

Immoral? Are you serious?

Buy the cheaper one if you want one. Or if you want the other colour, pay more.

And I rest my case.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    ben@31 wrote:
    I posted a question on Wiggles website...

"Why is a yellow and black Garmin Forerunner 230, £174.98. Yet if you want a white and black one, exactly the same product apart from the colour of the strap, it costs £197.98 ?"

And for some bizarre reason my question was rejected. Why was this? Something to hide?

You didn't study Economics at school, eh?
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/