thursday making it up as i go along, plus some flimflam

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,436
edited September 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

brekkie, relax, wf hotel, head to gmc punter of gmc, lunch, head to gmc punter of gmc punter of gmc, deliver in-line with thread title, decamp to airport, eat, drink and lounge in lounge, and hope bastard airways has it's act together
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Run along the seafront then a pig based breakfast and off to meetings

Hopefully get away before three
  • Morning lads, raining here for a change, not sure what I will be doing today
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    The thread title could apply to any day for me.
    Drove in this morning as I'm going out straight from work, I'll pick the Mrs up and she can drop me at the station as I'm going up to the big smoke. Traditional Thursday mild hangover is in evidence as expected. Hoping for a calmer day today, shouldn't be too hard.
    Just had another cup of tea delivered, coffee machine warming nicely.
  • oxoman wrote:
    Back to work later after attempting to wrangle a deal out of local car dealership.

Good luck with that!
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Shoes and backpack still wet from last night's ride. Waterproof shoes are great until they fill up with water from the top.

Lovely, sunny bike ride this morning though, and still amused by the tw*t I saw walking around on his phone yesterday lunchtime who nearly walked into several people, then fell off the kerb in a most amusing and exaggerated manner.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, dull down south, very grey cant make its mind up if it wants to rain. Cold is in full swing still so im sharing the love round the office today. does feel like ive been clobbered round the head though with it.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Eating lemon sherberts from Sorrento. I've already cut the roof of my mouth open, but can't stop eating them.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    hopkinb wrote:
    Eating lemon sherberts from Sorrento. I've already cut the roof of my mouth open, but can't stop eating them.

Remember Space Dust?

Brighton by any chance TLW?

Started dull but sunny now, Just spent the last hour putting my sister in her place. Might have to go do some work.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    oxoman wrote:
    Morning All, dropping other half and youngest off at school and work seeing as its rather wet. Back to work later after attempting to wrangle a deal out of local car dealership.
    Get an online quote from Car Wow/Drive the deal, walk in to the dealer and ask them to beat it. My negotiations lasted at least a couple of minutes when I did it that way and chopped several grand off the asking price :)

Busy morning at work mopping stuff up before headed North with a mate for a couple of day. Didn't help that the drive in took best part of 2 hours. Ferkin traffic!
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wfw, no meetings planned, lunch will be on the fly, alcohol shan't be involved and definitely no planes.

Sunny and dry today which should be good weather for tonights run. Two more 10kms to fit in before a rest all next week as I have a half marathon on the 8th.

I also managed not to die despite leaving my bike on a turbo ala - kickstand thread.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Sun shining, gym gymmed, just waiting for lunchtime as then I'm cutting away to give someone a lift then I'm outta here for the day. May get a quick hour on the bike in before picking up bambini.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Who remembers Spangles?

Nice autumnal day. It stopped raining about two minutes before I left the house this morning. Wore my Vacansoleil, Belgian Champion's top, as modelled by Stijn Devolder a few years back. Hopefully this will be enough to annoy some "proper" cyclists on the way home.
  • Garry H wrote:
    Who remembers Spangles?

Nice autumnal day. It stopped raining about two minutes before I left the house this morning. Wore my Vacansoleil, Belgian Champion's top, as modelled by Stijn Devolder a few years back. Hopefully this will be enough to annoy some "proper" cyclists on the way home.

Yes Spangles ,I enjoyed whilst watching Space 1999.
    Oddly I sold my house and spent the lot on the copy write to Space 1999 , as I was sure of cashing in on the repeats that would be shown in 1999. However it seemed to get overlooked.
    I now live in a tent and don't even have a bike.
    Is it still Thursday ? I have enough flimflam to last until 6.45pm.
  • hopkinb
    stijn_devolder_600.jpg

Is this you later then Gazza? I'm going to ride up to Scotland later just to be sniffy about your jersey and whether you have "earned" it.
  • oxoman wrote:
    Cheers Stevo, I'd forgotten carwow. I'm making them stew anyway as they have several cars all the same apart from colour and I'm not fussed with any. I'm going to try and get 3 yr service and a spare wheel thrown in rather than stupid leak fix kit and paint protection as well as price reduction.

WHAt ya buyin'? Is it cool?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    On a train with the great unwashed. Feeling dirty, but not in the fun way.
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:
    On a train with the great unwashed. Feeling dirty, but not in the fun way.

It's not good is it? I don't know how I stuck it for so long.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,436
    back on bastard airways, was a smidge late, got myself on the airport pa, but beers cannot be rushed :)

an empty seat next to me, hurrah!
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Lucy Falle.

<sigh>

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Remember Space Dust?

Brighton by any chance TLW?

Started dull but sunny now, Just spent the last hour putting my sister in her place. Might have to go do some work.

Laters.

Yep - ferkin 6 hrs to get back almost destroyed pub time
  • pinno
    Lucy Falle.

<sigh>

Uh? She don't come up in a Google. Are you sure you're not accidentally in Part time waster;s time machine and ended up in Norfolk?
  • it's TDLW once we are married, which we shall be ASAP.

FFS Pinno, do I have to spell everything out?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Any link between TDLW and TLW1?
    Same person? Twin sister or even brother?
  • Ballysmate wrote:

Hmmmm not that I am aware of but I am a bit worried if there is as that would be a bit icky.

Perhaps the people should be told?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Ballysmate wrote:

Which boils down to a similar vein as I was going down. Great minds think alike. It has Norfolk written all over it.
  • Less Norfolk, more Caerphilly,

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Less Norfolk, more Caerphilly,

But that's, that's <splutters> not on the Norfolk scale. Play fair.
  • tlw1
    Ballysmate wrote:

No relation, otherwise what we do when MF is away would be insest
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    hopkinb wrote:
    stijn_devolder_600.jpg

Is this you later then Gazza? I'm going to ride up to Scotland later just to be sniffy about your jersey and whether you have "earned" it.

Nah,mine is the long-sleeved, thermal one. I earned it by paying thirty quid for it. Perfect for early morning commutes at this time of year. (And whoever said "money can't buy you success", was clearly wrong :D )
  • pinno
    £30 !! I guess that by living on Oatcakes, you've saved a bit and can afford expensive clobber like that.