edited September 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

too late for gym, cafe, head to airport, ffs ba from t5

i loathe t5, but more, much more than that, i despise ba, i shall be avenged
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Joys of a meeting in the midlands followed by a meeting on the south coast and an overnight

Trying to avoid ale - slim chance
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Consultant review in the Eye Hospital. Hoping to get signed off, after a year of treatment inc many visits and 6 injections in the back of the eye. High quality care from Our NHS.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    that must've been fun, hope all ok now

flight delayed, bastard airways delivering usual service quality
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Non-coterminous wedding and funeral confirmed, which is a relief, even if only a couple of days apart.

boredom and staring into space are the order of the day for me.
  • sungod
    i'm channeling john steed* and am on second glass of bubbly, it's the only way to cope with the horror

*lately have been working through the avengers complete box set dvds, honour blackman in her leather catsuit, mmm

haven't reached the Emma peel era yet
  • Morning, I have just been for another blood test, let’s hope this one is better than the last
    Sungod, just think yourself lucky it’s a direct flight and you don’t have to change a CDG Paris
    Have a good day
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    sungod wrote:
    i'm channeling john steed* and am on second glass of bubbly

At 5 to 10 on a Wednesday, that is admirable SG. Hopefully not too much work to do when you get there? Just a bit of lunching/dining/flesh pressing/punter ego stroking?
  • sungod
    i'm presenting to punter of our punter, who are chaotic, my opinion is it's a waste of time as our punter is nowhere near ready and are just going random, last night decided i'm putting my team's price up $50k in partial retribution (drop in the bucket overall)

moved on to espresso, otherwise i'll wrecked by the afternoon
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    TLW1 wrote:
    Trying to avoid ale
    I don't understand this sentence, can someone explain?

Morning folks,
    Busy start to the day which is no fun at all. Managed to wobble in at least so I was awake by the time I got here. TV crew coming in later, that'll be fun.
    Bloody hell, started this over an hour ago and keep getting interrupted. Now on my third cup of tea and I need a wee. Shame I'm not on the bubbly that sounds far more sensible.
    Good luck loon.
    Balls, pesky customers. I'm just going to post this now or I'll never do it.
    Where's my bleedin' coffee?
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning cyclists.

Office, avoiding board meeting. Leaving early to meet a friend who is freshly home from Australia and happens to have a spare ticket for a gig in Edinburgh, very excited. Said friend is staying for the weekend also so we might possibly have a beer or two and maybe some bike related activities
  • Bloody time wasters, I'm taking my frustration out on a Waitrose salad on the M1.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    sungod wrote:
    i'm channeling john steed* and am on second glass of bubbly, it's the only way to cope with the horror

*lately have been working through the avengers complete box set dvds, honour blackman in her leather catsuit, mmm

haven't reached the Emma peel era yet

The Avengers were the most kick-ass Bond girls in the early era. Still not too late for them to book Joanna Lumley.

eta. Guy Garvey on 6 Music often drops tidbits of gossip about Diana Rigg's early career, as she is now his mum in law and quite free with the anecdotes.
  • Retaining wall finished. Washed car which was filthy.

Stocked up on wine again, after a week or so without. Don't want to overdo the sobriety.

Some days you do less than usual, but end up more tired than ever. Why is this so?
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    orraloon wrote:
    Consultant review in the Eye Hospital. Hoping to get signed off, after a year of treatment inc many visits and 6 injections in the back of the eye. High quality care from Our NHS.
    That reminds me, must call BUPA and get my annual health check with a nice lady doctor to take the pressure off the NHS. I'm caring like that.

Pedalled in this morning - was slow. I blame fitting the crudcatchers. Now feeding myself in between conference calls and looking forward to tomorrow lunchtime when work ceases for the week and I head North with a mate to smash old furniture and fill up skips.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    orraloon wrote:
    50:50, good and not so.

Issue A, left eye anomaly, static, no change, deemed a genetic 'feature', good.
    Issue B, right eye, xxxx it, more injections coming my way.

Win some, lose some, this round anyway. Live life while we can.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    A'noon all.
    Back in dear old blighty for a bit.
    Thanks for all the birthday felicitations and for those wondering how many candles were on the cake, I was born in the same year as Frank the Tank.
  • ciao
    nice chilled day, now sitting in the car waiting for Bambina to finish her music lesson. Bambino is chilled out next to me, so nice.

Then onwards to more single parenthood.

As an aside, after ages of nothing, TDLO drops a line "just wanting a favour". Damn her .....
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    sat in the office watchin the rain ... me thinks all the nice rusltly crunchy leaves this morning will now me wet slippery things !
  • sungod
    had a beer at hotel, blown out dinner with punter, left sales to do that

now just need to find somewhere for my dinner :)
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Evening, spent my day in a hot sweaty office trying to explain to people why its not a good idea to test out an IT policy change on a group of live users, an that you cant just "turn off" a network drive an expect it all to be ok.
    Plus I'm full of cold so they all now have it as punishment for their stupidity.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    I'm not Usually pedantic when it comes to correct use of the English language (much :D )...information on a light bulb box...

Product Description:
    Power-cut often makes people helpless, and the emergency bulbs can help human grope in the dark, like carrying candles or firewood.

Don't you always find that human groping in the dark is somewhat hindered by carrying firewood :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    orraloon wrote:
    That reminds me, must call BUPA and get my annual health check with a nice lady doctor to take the pressure off the NHS. I'm caring like that.

Pedalled in this morning - was slow. I blame fitting the crudcatchers. Now feeding myself in between conference calls and looking forward to tomorrow lunchtime when work ceases for the week and I head North with a mate to smash old furniture and fill up skips.

Never mind the lady examining your prostate, how are your gnashers?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    orraloon wrote:

Never mind the lady examining your prostate, how are your gnashers?
    Still in my mouth. Had root canal doneMon one of the fronts yesterday and need to get it recrowned next.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Veronese68 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Trying to avoid ale
    I don't understand this sentence, can someone explain?

I can't - I got pissed