quietest non smart turbo recommendations

redvision
redvision Posts: 2,958
Following my Neo dying recently, and having experienced numerous issues with several other smart trainers i have tried, i have lost faith in smart turbos and have now decided to look for a more basic trainer to complement the current set of rollers i have.

Not really bothered by direct drive or wheel on, but looking for the quietest with the best road feel.

Would welcome any suggestions.
Ta

Comments

• Elite Turbo muin is quite, direct mount with or without B+ smart function

very happy with mine, easily hear tv/radio/zwift backing music over it.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Elite Kura. Direct mount, fluid resistance unto 1400 watts, ANT+ and Bluetooth connectivity with built in power meter that is damned accurate.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • redvision
    Thanks for the suggestions. Have been looking at the Elite Muin and also the kura. Looks like the only difference is the power meter in the Kura - or am i missing anything?

Has any one heard of the Elite Turno? Is it replacing the Kura? Cant find much info about it.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    redvision wrote:
    Thanks for the suggestions. Have been looking at the Elite Muin and also the kura. Looks like the only difference is the power meter in the Kura - or am i missing anything?

Has any one heard of the Elite Turno? Is it replacing the Kura? Cant find much info about it.

Turno is for mountain bikes. Kura which replaced the Muin, hasn't been replaced yet. The Direto has just been released to sit below the Drivo but is a full on smart trainer.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • redvision
    philthy3 wrote:
    redvision wrote:

Turno is for mountain bikes. Kura which replaced the Muin, hasn't been replaced yet. The Direto has just been released to sit below the Drivo but is a full on smart trainer.

Ah right. Thanks, that makes sense.

Think i am swaying towards the Kura.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Have you seen this? Silent. No tyre wear even.

https://www.staczero.com/hero
  • svetty
    svetty Posts: 1,904
    Even a quiet turbo needs a noisy fan...... ;)
    FFS! Harden up and grow a pair :D