tuesday i can stare for a thousand years

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,434
edited September 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

cafe, office, stuff, bail, wfh

massively behind on swissland prep, need to summon motivation, or failing that, dexies

on plus side, another gmc punter of gmc punter of gmc seems on the verge of lobbing megawads our way for some wibblywobbly cloudywoudy concept of your interlocutor's crafting, which'd be quite agreeable
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    I declare a national holiday on account that it is my birthday.
    Happy birthday to me.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Happy birthday Bally - when are you bringing in the cake?

WFH as I need to get through a lot today, also saves having to drive with green stuff dripping from my nose. Hate to admit it, but that fun run killed me - been ill for a week and got a sports hernia

Later if I feel better is chainsaw fun
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Happy birthday to me.

hurrah! happy candles
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Morning lads, bike ride on the cards today,weather not to bad at the moment
    Happy Birthday Bally
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    happy birthday .... and blew my quads to bits on the rowing machine this morning. Had loads of bouncy energy when I got on the bike to go to work .. until I got to the 1st hill and had nothing, legs of jelly .... ouch !
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Happy birthday to me.
    Happy Birthday! How many years young?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    seanoconn wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Happy birthday to me.
    Don't ask, may be a sensitive subject :P (Bally, ignore Seano and get that zimmer cracking down to the beach).

Morning all,

Root canal treatment beckons this morning. Wonderful. I'm meant to be going out for a bit to eat later, so hopefully I'll be able to eat something solid.

@TLW - go see the doctor. Hernias are not nice.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Happy birthday to me.
    Don't ask, may be a sensitive subject :P (Bally, ignore Seano and get that zimmer cracking down to the beach).

Morning all,

Root canal treatment beckons this morning. Wonderful. I'm meant to be going out for a bit to eat later, so hopefully I'll be able to eat something solid.

@TLW - go see the doctor. Hernias are not nice.
    You seem to spend half your life in the dentists, have you tried brushing your teeth?
  • seanoconn
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Happy birthday to me.

IMG_5415.jpg
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Managed to wobble in this morning, park still shut unfortunately. Out for a beer tonight with another husband from the EPO's 'book' club. They are at his gaff tonight so he is running away. Hoping for a quiet day, doubt that will happen again but I can live in hope.
    Happy birthday friend of Bally.
    TLW1 wrote:
    ...fun run ...
    Those words should not be used in the same sentence. Have we not taught you that at least?
    sungod wrote:
    ... wibblywobbly cloudywoudy ...
    It's not magic, it's not on some ethereal cloud, it's on remote servers located in some hell hole where labour and land is virtually free. When everything goes tits up you'll find nothing can be done because they are in a different time zone and the night support staff are all off their tits. At least that's how it seems to be here.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    ... wibblywobbly cloudywoudy ...
    It's not magic, it's not on some ethereal cloud, it's on remote servers located in some hell hole where labour and land is virtually free. When everything goes tits up you'll find nothing can be done because they are in a different time zone and the night support staff are all off their tits. At least that's how it seems to be here.
    Sounds like Scotland.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning people, full of the joys of autumn today, those joys being a cold. Spanked some pennies on some new camera kit for the other half so picking that up later which will get me in her good books for when my new cycling glasses arrive.

TLW, im with Stevo, get the to docs Hernias are not fun
  • tlw1
    Step83 wrote:
    TLW, im with Stevo, get the to docs Hernias are not fun

Went last week - first time in years and after the full examination by the fit doctor - she said it must have popped back in. Thankfully at a party of doctors last weekend one suggested it might be a sports hernia - so rest it is (until Sunday's autumn epic ride)
  • Can sunshine be relentless? Seems like it round here lately.

Almost finished retaining wall construction, with only one piece left to cut and fit, then back-fill it and walk away...

Ran out of wine, so opened a bottle of what tastes like port. Just called fortified wine on the label. Not sure I think much of it yet, maybe the second glass will taste better.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Happy birthday!

Still can't walk properly due to running injury. Not happy.
    TLW1 wrote:
    Later if I feel better is chainsaw fun

Have a few beers first, I find it really helps. I woke up the other week after a heavy night to find I'd removed a tree which was blocking our view of the mountains from the decking...
  • veronese68
    Can sunshine be relentless?
    Not in the UK ya barsteward.
  • happy birthday dude.

went to work, decided I didn't like it so came home and angle ground the handlebars of the Basso. will pop off cranks and b/b later this year then forks and headset to come out. Sometime next year it will get repainted then track down some nice black Campag gruppo for it.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Happy Birthday Bally. Don't the decades go quickly? :D
    Veronese68 wrote:

We've had possibly the longest run of sunny weather I can recall. Quite literally zero rainfall in over 3 months, and hardly even any cloudy days really. Has been a huge bonus for us doing the renovation stuff since that has been all exterior work to do. so ideal conditions..
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Happy Birthday Bally. Don't the decades go quickly? :D
    Veronese68 wrote:

We've had possibly the longest run of sunny weather I can recall. Quite literally zero rainfall in over 3 months, and hardly even any cloudy days really. Has been a huge bonus for us doing the renovation stuff since that has been all exterior work to do. so ideal conditions..

It last rained here in May, probably do it again in late October/november :wink:

Happy birthday Bally! We will open the posh wine and raise a glass to you, either that or we will be toasting happy Tuesday...again :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Happy Birthday Bally. :D
  • How ya doin' H3?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    Not too bad Matthew. No longer hungover, which is nice. Wedding plans now going into overdrive, hopefully grandmother's funeral will not coincide, but seeing as I haven't invited my father to the wedding (long and boring story), the two will no doubt clash to some extent.
  • hopkinb wrote:
    Not too bad Matthew. No longer hungover, which is nice. Wedding plans now going into overdrive, hopefully grandmother's funeral will not coincide, but seeing as I haven't invited my father to the wedding (long and boring story), the two will no doubt clash to some extent.

Coolio - just making sure all good :)

You know that the two events will, undoubtedly, coincide? Its a given.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    You know that the two events will, undoubtedly, coincide? Its a given.
    I think this is inevitable. Just make sure you share all tales of woe with a chunk of poetic licence if needed. Oh, you can add norks as well but only nice ones.
    When are you up for a drink, Christmas?
  • hopkinb
    Just giving my body and mind a break after knackering it at the weekend, want to look bright eyed and bushy tailed for the wedding rather than seedy. I'll be ok for a drink or 2 post honeymoon.
    I'm just too old for all night drinking.
  • tlw1
    hopkinb wrote:
    Just giving my body and mind a break after knackering it at the weekend, want to look bright eyed and bushy tailed for the wedding rather than seedy. I'll be ok for a drink or 2 post honeymoon.

Not too old, just under trained
  • seanoconn
    hopkinb wrote:
    So it's your wedding? I thought you were attending someone else's. So you've been living in sin for how long?
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    So it's your wedding? I thought you were attending someone else's. So you've been living in sin for how long?
    I think we should all give Hoppy a bit of space given the big event coming up. And let him enjoy his last BJ in peace :)
  • hopkinb
    seanoconn wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    10 years Father. And how many Hail Mary's will that be Father? :D
  • hopkinb
    TLW1 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Not too old, just under trained

There is some truth in this, but I always found that the best way was to break my fast with a pint and a fry up, missing out the fry up if feeling particularly shyte. That way lay madness and being 103kg and the same colour as an overripe tomato.. :lol: