monday beyond ennui, slightly outside of weltschmerz

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,433
edited September 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, cafe, wfh

really do need to prep for a waffle in swissland with gmc punter of gmc punter of gmc, said prep requires more enthusiasm that i've so far been able to summon, meh
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Morning , wet start to the day, just got a good soaking walking the dog, waiting for the carpet fitters is today's job
    Have a good week, if possible
  • Ciao

Absolutely I pouring down and pitch black sky. This is now officially depressing.

School run, onto work, gym, let's see what's the day holds.

Ciao for now.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    drizzle and gloom here

gym done, cafe next, toats i think
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    loving the weather today .... ok its dark and misty with that really fine rain that coats everything ... but its bizzarly warm .. its very Pyrenean - just without the mountains, or fresh air,or roads .... it made the ride into work good though, especially the wheelspin out of junctions :D
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Rather moist here as well. Seemed like a good morning to drive in, the excuse being I will need the car later to transport cakes. Bleedin' knackered after a busy weekend, hoping to catch up on some kip whilst I 'm here. Seems like a forlorn hope unfortunately.
    Picked up the pub hack yesterday and discovered that the broken chain was only the quick link had come apart. Noticed after I'd taken the remains of the chain off. The chain was rather black and oily though, does that mean I need a new bike? I'd post in workshop but I'd get all the quick link doom mongers into a frenzy.
    Anyway, cakes later...
  • sungod
    slightly moist trip to cafe, nommed toats, topped up espresso level

had token stab at powerpoint for swissland, but so far put more effort into arranging to go visit mon braves in france next week plus say 'allo 'allo another gmc punter of gmc for a catch up before getting squiffy in a brasserie

v68, i'd say it's just possible that replacing the entire drivetrain will be enough, really depends on whether the oil has rendered the gobberwarts with hoosis or not
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Work meh after a very boozy weekend
  • I'm currently being tempted by the Ryanair flash sale...

Aside from the fact it means putting up with Ryanair it means I can get half way across Europe for less than the cost of a taxi to the airport.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    I'm currently being tempted by the Ryanair flash sale...

Aside from the fact it means putting up with Ryanair it means I can get half way across Europe for less than the cost of a taxi to the airport.
    In theory. Would the taxi driver charge you extra for sitting down?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164

Some things just aren't worth it. I'm going to Luton in November to avoid flying Ryanair from Stanstead.

The ride in was binned after looking out the window this morning and seeing stair rod rain that was meant to have stopped in the early hours. Actually I could hear it quite well through the double glazing. Bloody weather forecasts. At least the hound doesn't hang around before taking his morning leak & dump when it's that wet. Onwards to depriving thieving foreign tax inspectors of money.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Replace the link with a Wipperman Connex quick link VN.

Morning dweebs, chooktas, bampots, skulking loafers, tramps and half wits

Me I went out on my bike I did me. It was foggy then it lifted and the latter half of my ride was in sunshine. Hardly any wind. Felt great to be out pedalling. I didn't die. My hip didn't fall apart and (currently) i;m not in too much discomfort.

Onwards and upwards.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Another glorious day. Spent the whole time digging holes in sandstone, sticking a steel post in and filling up with concrete.

This is the *LAST EVER PIECE OF CONCRETE WORK REQUIRED* to finish the house. Way too old and crotchety to be doing this kind of stuff.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo tired. Just want to curl up foetal position and sleep forever.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Things are ticking along nicely. Jobs corrected themselves, jobs falling into place, happy minions, new orders.

Something's bound to go wrong shortly...
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Some things just aren't worth it. I'm going to Luton in November to avoid flying Ryanair from Stanstead.

I don't actually mind most of the time as we tend to fly with hand luggage only and I'm well versed in the security queue routine. Unlike some who insist on wearing massive boots, refusing to take a belt off and think that a 1 litre bottle of water is less than 100mls.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    think that a 1 litre bottle of water is less than 100mls.
    How can one of somefin be more than a hundred of somefink? I reckon I could make a good flat earther.
    Has H³posted today? Maybe the wifi in Bolivia isn't very good. A friend of mine woke up after his stag do and didn't recognise the fireplace. Turned out he'd woken up in Brum, worse than Bolivia.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Lovely day in drizzly Stirlingshire/Perthshire, it's got gradually warmer and sunnier all the way home. Hurt my hip flexor last week running and the weekend of cycling has made it much worse so I'm struggling to walk. Lame.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Has H³posted today? Maybe the wifi in Bolivia isn't very good. A friend of mine woke up after his stag do and didn't recognise the fireplace. Turned out he'd woken up in Brum, worse than Bolivia.

I have now. Back in the land of the living. The 36 hour existential-angst inducing hangover from hell has receded to the margins, though I caught a whiff of gin earlier and was not amused. It's the lack of kip that does me in. I'm ok as long as I'm tucked up in bed by 11. I think I turned in at 6 on Sunday morning. Woke up 2 hours later with the sweats and the horrors, then my brother called and let me know my 94 year old grandmother had died suddenly on Saturday.

Back on the wagon, back on the bike and at work tomorrow.
  • veronese68
    Sorry about your gran, but that's a good innings. I hope she wasn't on your stag do and that's what tipped her over the edge.
    In other news just inspected the chain on the pub hack. All went together fine with nothing looking amiss. Chain wear was between 0.75 and 1 so not too bad but worth getting a new one to save the cassette.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Sorry about your gran, but that's a good innings. I hope she wasn't on your stag do and that's what tipped her over the edge.
    That would have been a story. No, she'd just had enough I think. Been in a nursing home for the last 12 months after falling several times at her own home, and hated it, despite it being a very nice nursing home. She was fiercely independent, and hated losing her mobility and freedom. As you say, a good innings.
  • Ah dude - sorry to hear about that. Condolences, etc......

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • As an aside, TDV is now away again so I am playing single parent. Again. Still sooooooooo tired but am having a glass of white in vain attempt that it will wake me up enough not to fall asleep in the kitchen.

I just a message off her.

Where are you, say I.
    Just above Iran, says she.

Is this normal behaviour for other relationships?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Condolences Hopkin.

No Matthew, it isn't.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Sorry to hear that Hoppy. RIP.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    :( hoppy
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Bloody good innings 94.

@MF: As if you are 'normal'?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    As an aside, TDV is now away again so I am playing single parent. Again. Still sooooooooo tired but am having a glass of white in vain attempt that it will wake me up enough not to fall asleep in the kitchen.

I just a message off her.

Where are you, say I.
    Just above Iran, says she.

Is this normal behaviour for other relationships?

Had something similar with the current wife, she was in the Waitrose in Newport (Shropshire)!