Seatpost clamp size Marin Pine Mountain 2

New Boy2
New Boy2 Posts: 16
edited September 2017 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi guys, has anyone got a Marin Pine Mountain 2 (2016) that will be able tell me what seatpost clamp size is?

I cannot see anything on the current clamp and the outer diameter is coming out at 32mm approx on tape measure.

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Outer diameter of the clamp or seat tube. If tube, presumably 31.8mm. It's a common size.

Measure the circumference and divide by pi. It's easier to measure than the diameter with a tape measure.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad wrote:
    Outer diameter of the clamp or seat tube. If tube, presumably 31.8mm. It's a common size.

Measure the circumference and divide by pi. It's easier to measure than the diameter with a tape measure.

Yes, I meant the seatpost. It has come out as 104 circumference of 33.1 using a bit of maths.

So, does that mean a clamp of 34.9 would be too big?
  • cooldad
    The seatpost is the bit that the saddle is joined to. You need to measure the seat tube.

Never seen anything in 33.1, and I think 34.9 would be way too big.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • New Boy2 wrote:
    cooldad wrote:

Yes, I meant the seat tube. It has come out as 104 circumference of 33.1 using a bit of maths.

So, does that mean a clamp of 34.9 would be too big?
  • cooldad wrote:
    The seatpost is the bit that the saddle is joined to. You need to measure the seat tube.

Never seen anything in 33.1, and I think 34.9 would be way too big.
    Lol should check before submitting.

The 33.1 is the seat tube of the frame. Seat post is a Lev Integra 30.9.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    The clamp goes round the seat tube, so it's that you need to measure.

The stock sizes are 28.6 (steel frames), 31.8 and 34.9, I very much don't if it's anything but one of those and with a 30.9 post it would be a 34.9.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Tried the 34.9 clamp and it was too loose even fully tightened up. Somehow I think the 31.8 will be too small, but may give it a go.
  • cooldad
    If the post is 30.9 it won't be 31.8.

AFAIK Columbus Thron tubing is .9mm at the ends, so that would suggest around 32.7mm plus,.

I would just phone a Marin dealer and ask them.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools