Lightbulb moment

team47b
team47b Posts: 6,425
edited September 2017 in The cake stop
I bought an intelligent LED lightbulb :D

I screwed it into the socket of an angle poise lamp. (I now know it takes only one designer to screw in a lightbulb as long as one of us is intelligent)

I switched it on. It came on. I switched it off. It went off. I switched it back on and switched off my inverter (to simulate a power cut). It stayed on.

So far so good, working as it should :D

I then switched it off, pulled the plug turned it back on, then switched it on, it didn't come on, so I plugged it back in it came on.

I unplugged it again, switched it on and placed the two pins of the plug lead onto the metal kettle, the bulb came on :)

I then put the bulb in a spare unattached light bulb socket, put a paper clip on the back to connect the positive to negative, and strolled around with my new torch :D

Conclusions: The bulb has limited intelligence. The owner has too much time on his hands :D
my isetta is a 300cc bike

Comments

• capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,946
    team47b wrote:
    I bought an intelligent LED lightbulb :D

I screwed it into the socket of an angle poise lamp. (I now know it takes only one designer to screw in a lightbulb as long as one of us is intelligent)

I switched it on. It came on. I switched it off. It went off. I switched it back on and switched off my inverter (to simulate a power cut). It stayed on.

So far so good, working as it should :D

I then switched it off, pulled the plug turned it back on, then switched it on, it didn't come on, so I plugged it back in it came on.

I unplugged it again, switched it on and placed the two pins of the plug lead onto the metal kettle, the bulb came on :)

I then put the bulb in a spare unattached light bulb socket, put a paper clip on the back to connect the positive to negative, and strolled around with my new torch :D

Conclusions: The bulb has limited intelligence. The owner has too much time on his hands :D

Can you post a link?

The older I get, the better I was.

• POIDH
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,493
    POIDH
    Apparently the technology is quite old.

If%20Kinnick%20Wins-st.jpg
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Lithium battery inside the led bulb with circuit that charges the battery when the power is on and runs off the battery when there is a power cut, i.e. An emergency lighting system in a bulb, useful in a power cut, although I live in a solar powered house so when I turn off my inverter (at night) I can still put lights on.

Cool part is you can place your thumb over the end of the bulb and it will light up, so you can walk around with just a bulb in your hand and hold it over your head and people wlll think you are having an idea!

Need to get out more :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike