edited September 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

cafe/wfh, yawn, so sleepy

too many webexes today, always a struggle to pay attention
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    No work. School run, then coffee somewhere. Might clean bike later.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    WFH - which meant the local could be enjoyed last night as it was too dark to chainsaw by the time I got home

Later is dad's taxi to the football and then frequent the local
  • Ahh the start of Autumn, looks a beautiful day to ride a bike and celebrate Lappartients appointment.

When is the ride of the falling leaves
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Just having a coffee having walked Das Hunt and avoided the Heddlu wannabe, have some brekkie, walk bambino to school then pedal in.

Looks like it might actually be a nice day out there.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Morning, lovely sunny start to the day,bike ride first, finish the decorating later I am my own boss today thank goodness, the better half is back at work :)
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, sunny start but forecast rain. First weekend with no one staying/nowhere to go since before the summer and even the last one was only the second since we moved in in February! Tempted to see how far I can get along the Southern Upland Way from the house on the newly converted CX bike. Still not sure if it's socially acceptable to use my amazing Brooks saddle on it though, do faux pas exist in CX?

Failing that I'm going to fix the proper bike (mtb) and go and be enduro at Innerleithen for the first time in months

EDIT: Forgot that it's Friday and I have a day of work until any of these plans, solo office day, cue music and coffee
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    nippy out for the first cafe of the day

time to arrange some trips to meet up with gmc punters of gmc for sociable chinwags before europe gets too cold
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Morning folks,
    Managed to wobble in on my velocimepede, bit chilly out there though so knees were covered. Not as chilly or heroic as Gaz's shenanigans I'm sure.
    Bloody hell, just had a retail trader on the phone for over half an hour. I'm not supposed to be dealing with these people but there was no other bugger at their desk so I got the short straw. I need a holiday now.
    Second cup of tea has been delivered, coffee machine warming. Fried dead pig for lunch and pub with the Mrs later, roll on the weekend.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    invigorating ride in the sunshine, with multiple sprinty efforts to keep warm, as I dressed for later, not this morning, i.e. short sleeve jersey and shorts. Should have bunged on some knee and arm warmers, but couldn't find them.

"Stag" do tomorrow, though it's an old fashioned one in that it's just 8 blokes going to the pub, or a few pubs. Unsure whether 'rippers will play any part, but I'm getting old, and have a daughter, so kind of hoping not.

Going on a bacon, egg and mushroom hunt shortly, and will wash it down with a large black filter coffee.
  • Av speed 39mph, top speed 69mph, basometric power of 412, asymetric power of 512, distance 96 miles, wattage 712.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM,

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Just having a coffee having walked Das Hunt and avoided the Heddlu wannabe, have some brekkie, walk bambino to school then pedal in.

May I just point out that the correct spelling for your walkies companion is "Das HUND"

Been irritating me for ages every time you post that...

More later. Drinkies are on.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Agree and apologies - stupid auto spell check.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Just having a coffee having walked Das Hunt and avoided the Heddlu wannabe, have some brekkie, walk bambino to school then pedal in.

May I just point out that the correct spelling for your walkies companion is "Das HUND"

Been irritating me for ages every time you post that...

More later. Drinkies are on.
    MF has a knack for causing irritation.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Happy Friday! :D Bit chilly this morning and throat is feeling a little funny, hope I'm not developing early death symptoms. Hoping for a quick day at work. Dad duties later, some packing, ordering stuff and trying to soothe a stressed Missus.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • just had a crispy bacon and sausage roll and a coffee, now going for a drive

nice.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    On subject of irritation:

1) Manc33 is still up to his wind up tricks on cyclinguk forum;

2) sleep disrupted by itching, swelling leg so plans of the sunny day, at home, therefore bike ride type have suffered a setback. Must have been stung / bitten yesterday, not the nettle sting I assumed at time; found some antihistamine tablets at 3am, seem to be working as only just woken up for 1st coffee. Better get out before the rains come back.
  • Garry H
    Oooo, look at this

bianchi-spec-pan-1.jpg
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Av speed 39mph, top speed 69mph, basometric power of 412, asymetric power of 512, distance 96 miles, wattage 712.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM,

Sounds like a nice drive :wink:

McNing people

Day of SQL server debauchery for me, well installing an making it behave at least. sat listening to KLF getting odd looks from the youths, the kind that get confused when you show them a floppy disk.

Some car fettling planned for tonight/tomorrow should have a pile of powerflex bushes an control arms to put together and sample some whiskey I picked up in the week.

Garry, that Bianchi I saw one at one of my local bike shops, it was being prepped to send off to the NEC, ill be there Sunday an get lots of photos
  • Garry H
    Step83 wrote:
    Av speed 39mph, top speed 69mph, basometric power of 412, asymetric power of 512, distance 96 miles, wattage 712.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM,

McNing people

Day of SQL server debauchery for me, well installing an making it behave at least. sat listening to KLF getting odd looks from the youths, the kind that get confused when you show them a floppy disk.

Some car fettling planned for tonight/tomorrow should have a pile of powerflex bushes an control arms to put together and sample some whiskey I picked up in the week.

Garry, that Bianchi I saw one at one of my local bike shops, it was being prepped to send off to the NEC, ill be there Sunday an get lots of photos

It's a beaut isn't it! Can't wait until it's my turn to win the lottery.

Ahh KLF, that takes me back a few years. Used to drive around with my mate in his Renault 5 Turbo, listening to Last Train to Transcentral on cassette single on an endless loop. That was before I decided I neede to tak things more seriously :(
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    I think one of the KLF used to live somewhere behind the Dolby labs Stockwell way. Little house with a bloody great yank police car in front of it. 5GT turbos were a right laugh, got pulled for doing 80 up Wimbledon Hill in one once. They were very upset I outaccelerated their Rover V8. That Bianchi does look lush.
    Just been having a strange chat to a bloke from TV land, apparently I may be getting my 15 seconds of fame in the not too distant. Trouble is I don't want it, why can't one of the yoof do it?
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Currently being asked to provide data on 41 sales this year, best prices, average price and whether we think we will hit budget or not, the problem is my line manager has it all spread all over in about 500 different spreadsheets and none of them are formatted as tables. Not formatting tables as tables should be punishable by death.

Now I'm distracted by the Binachi website.
  • Better day today than yesterday, the human versions of Kevin and Stuart have behaved themselves and Bob is just being Bob...

Got PP stuff to do later though which is taking longer than it should have done but life keeps getting in the way.

Onwards and more than likely, sidewards.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Step83 wrote:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM,

McNing people

nope - no driving involved - just pure power from my legs.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • listening to Everlong acoustic from Jo Wiley's R2 show last Wednesday

utterly amazing.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    watched videos about sp segment routing, just had a snack mostly involving crusty bread, chorizo, and a cheese that may well be illegal under biological weapons control treaties
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,155
    orraloon wrote:
    On subject of irritation:

1) Manc33 is still up to his wind up tricks on cyclinguk forum;
    Linky please Mr. Looney :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    HaydenM wrote:
    I'm going to fix the proper bike (mtb) and go and be enduro at Innerleithen for the first time in months
    A man of good taste 8)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    "Stag" do tomorrow, though it's an old fashioned one in that it's just 8 blokes going to the pub, or a few pubs. Unsure whether 'rippers will play any part, but I'm getting old, and have a daughter, so kind of hoping not.
    I'm offended that you haven't invited your Bike Radar internet mates.

Mind you, no 'ripper so probably not worth it anyway :wink: I'd have thought the age thing would mean the one thing you do want on a stag do is a clothes peeling lady or two...
  • Stevo_666
    Anyhow, busy morning sorting out Turkish funding matters and trying to make sense of what the Kingdom of Far Far Away is actually asking us for. Now tucking into some Chilli Chicken and rice which is making me perspire like Hoppy stood next to a Polish cleaning lady.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Anyhow, busy morning sorting out Turkish funding matters and trying to make sense of what the Kingdom of Far Far Away is actually asking us for. Now tucking into some Chilli Chicken and rice which is making me perspire like Hoppy stood next to a Polish cleaning lady.

Not usually one to gloat but I think Stevo expects it. Had to come indoors for a bit of a cool down.