Thursday - the joy of the proletariat over the petty bourge

Matthewfalle
Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
edited September 2017 in The bottom bracket
Good morning.

Coffee and cx - that is all that is planned so far. Hopefully it will not change.
Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.

Comments

• Morning, raining at the moment, but it will not stop me decorating
    Have a good day
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,436
    'ning

see how long i can maintain a quantum superposition of cafe and wfh before being observed

minimal hangover, catch up on stuff after a hectic time at gmc
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Yarrrrr

Raining so no riding this morning. Really need to get some mudguards for the rivers known as "roads" around here.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Not raining here, not yet at any rate. It's supposed to at about 4 so should be nice and wet for my ride home. Just had a 20 minute phone call from a Luxemburger, why are these people bothering me? Traditional Thursday mild hangover is present and correct. Thai curry was very good last night, wife wasn't impressed with my emissions during the night. I didn't notice anything so it can't have been too bad. A day of CX and coffee sounds better than my day or decorating. I don't think you should do any decorating today LD, the moisture in the air will stop the paint/paste sticking to the wall properly.
    Important questions for the day: Has Seano bought a TV yet? Will leaving a bike on a kickstand for a long time slow the spinning of the earth?
    Onwards and upwards...
  • CX cancelled so was going to take the Madone out for a proper ride following final tweeks of the other day and its just started to rain. Haaarrruuummmmppphhhh.

Right - grab a coffee and see what happens weather wise - hopefully its just spitting so I'll still head out.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Morning all from the petty bourge. Strong legs or tailwind meant a rapid ride in and a bit of a contretemps with idiot motorcyclists. This morning's weather is just about perfect for a fatty like me, being nice and cool but dry, but I have stuck a gilet in my pocket and strapped my mudguards on for later.

I reckon Seano has not bought a TV, and is still utterly confused by the whole affair. All kickstands should be gathered up, hit with a hammer, set on fire with fire, then thrown into next door's garden. They cause more problems than they solve.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, oddly warm when I came out the door. Car was in for some tracking yesterday so im now pricing up the faults picked up from that, other half wasn't impressed but considering she uses mine more than hers its tough.
    Couldn't find much in the house to eat in terms of lunch today so I have jam topper sandwich some mini rolls an half a bag of jelly babies. So plan is to do some shopping later then pick up the parental unit after shes managed to convince them shes not insane just old.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Lots of meetings and driving around today

Later is daddy day care - so unsure if that will involve the chainsaw or pub
  • hopkinb
    Step83 wrote:
    I have jam topper sandwich some mini rolls an half a bag of jelly babies.
    The cornerstones of a nutritious diet!
  • hopkinb
    TLW1 wrote:

I reckon TLW will be a in the news tomorrow, as his kids are found either

a) chopped up
    b) p!ssed
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Morning all. Reasonably pleasant morning and I can see the weekend if I stand on top toes.

I am yet to purchase a tv as I have been informed by the boss that we need a new posh tv cabinet/table to accommodate a larger tv. We will also need a new sideboard and bookcase to match the new tv cabinet/table. And not wanting the bedroom to look like a poor cousin, we need a new bed, bedside tables and a wardrobe, while we're at night as we'll get a car too :( ££££ :(
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn wrote:
    Morning all. Reasonably pleasant morning and I can see the weekend if I stand on top toes.

I am yet to purchase a tv as I have been informed by the boss that we need a new posh tv cabinet/table to accommodate a larger tv. We will also need a new sideboard and bookcase to match the new tv cabinet/table. And not wanting the bedroom to look like a poor cousin, we need a new bed, bedside tables and a wardrobe, while we're at night as we'll get a car too :( ££££ :(

just glue it to the wall and spend the remainder of the cash on pork scratchings, whores and coke.

Job jobbed.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    hopkinb wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

I reckon TLW will be a in the news tomorrow, as his kids are found either

a) chopped up
    b) p!ssed

I live in a village, neither option is new
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    hopkinb wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

Indeed, may top this off with either a bottle of pop or something alcoholic/
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Will leaving a bike on a kickstand for a long time slow the spinning of the earth?

I see that you have evolved my kick stand concern.

Raining and cold here meh.

I did however order an HSS steel bit of 3mm diameter to drill out the remains of the bottle cage bolts in the C40 and an M5 tap.
    I think it may require removal of the BB to get the metal remains out. If I can't i'll post a silly thread in road general about a mysterious as yet unidentified rattle.

All kick stand should be thrown at Donald Trump.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

...and I thought that was the Kahuna burger.
  • pinno
    I fancy some toast. Do I have Jam, just butter, honey, marmalade or chocolate spread? Or do I just leave the toast out?
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Pinno wrote:
    I fancy some toast. Do I have Jam, just butter, honey, marmalade or chocolate spread? Or do I just leave the toast out?
    The answer is peanut butter.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • hopkinb
    seanoconn wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    The answer is peanut butter.

This is the answer to more questions than you might think.
  • Please stop talking about food, I'm working towards an event which I know very little about and am not even sure if I have a place yet...

But, MrsHD slow cooked two lamb breast cuts yesterday ready for a mean curry tonight!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    seanoconn wrote:

What about the kitchen?

Busy again with lots of meetings with important people today but the weekend is approaching fast and there's cold cider in the fridge for tonight. Currently stuffing my face to make up for the calorie deficit induced by this morning's ride in.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Took Hoppie's cue and headed out for a steak and chips this evening.

Still just working on the house. Jobs being finished but there's always more... :(
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    I'm hungry...

I'm just tucking into post ride blue cooked steak from Edwyn's new Emproioum of Meat, (quick fry in virgin olive oil produced by Gwyneth after having Cornish sea salt pressed in) with nothing but English mustard and a fresh rocket salad from Edwyn's Emproioum of Rabbit Food and a glass of red wine to accompany it.

Yum yum yum.

206 miles at an average of 28mph, FTP of 387, average wattage of 438, max wattage of 759, max speed 92km/h.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Just flicked posts above - seems that steak is the order of yesterday and today.

Thinking of lamb chops cooked with rosemary and sauté potatoes tonight (maybe even potatoes Lyonnaise) - what do you reckon.

Also listening to The Eels.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb

206 miles at an average of 28mph, FTP of 387, average wattage of 438, max wattage of 759, max speed 92km/h.

Were you riding with the rear brake jammed on for a challenge or something?
  • hopkinb
    Just flicked posts above - seems that steak is the order of yesterday and today.

Thinking of lamb chops cooked with rosemary and sauté potatoes tonight (maybe even potatoes Lyonnaise) - what do you reckon.

Also listening to The Eels.

Lamb chops yes. Make sure you get the fat nice & crisp.

Pommes Dauphinoise & haricots vert.

I'll be round at 8, I'll bring claret.

• just glue it to the wall and spend the remainder of the cash on pork scratchings, whores and coke.

Job jobbed.

That was at 10.17am.

That was at 1.44pm, around 3.5hrs later.

206 miles at 28mph average tales around 7hrs20m so forgive me if I call Bullsh1t on this one.
    Advocate of disc brakes.

• just glue it to the wall and spend the remainder of the cash on pork scratchings, whores and coke.

Job jobbed.

That was at 10.17am.

That was at 1.44pm, around 3.5hrs later.

206 miles at 28mph average tales around 7hrs20m so forgive me if I call Bullsh1t on this one.

Sorry - my bad fumble fingers.

Average of 58 mph.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb

He was typing on his phone, while riding none-handed and still maintaining his 28 mph average. I'm surprised he didn't mention that the ride took in 10 miles of elevation as well, which is what knocked the average down sub 30 mph.