Help required choosing and building up a bike from a couple i have bought

ionfly
ionfly Posts: 8
edited September 2017 in MTB general
Hello everyone.. :D

So i have bought the 2 bikes as shown in the below images. Specialized Hardrock sport £200 and a Voodoo Boker also £200.(did i get ripped off?) I only really want to keep one as i bought the other for my gf and we have since gone our separate ways.

My first question is which is the better frame please.

My next question is which parts should i swap onto the frame we decide is best to create an ultimate bike from the two.

Thank you in advance for you opinions and help. :mrgreen:

tbGsqzq.jpg
Hf3ksfx.jpg
zctokY3.jpg
2BTnzLK.jpg
FNTRtnS.jpg
XIh6up4.jpg
nmQpjoD.jpg
VytaVvo.jpg
3IupwDV.jpg
G89Pro2.jpg

Comments

• ionfly
    ionfly Posts: 8
    edited September 2017
    G45IiEp.jpg
    3E59SXz.jpg
    tWWHbNJ.jpg
    KJ6izAr.jpg
    FNTRtnS.jpg
    EDi9rpH.jpg
    2BTnzLK.jpg
    G89Pro2.jpg
    e7qOSGZ.jpg
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Would be a bit easier if you took the time to actually post pictures. I'm not clicking on a million links.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Or give us a description of the groupset on both ?

Unless one is much more expensive than the other - I'd not bother changing anything round and just ride the one that fits you best ?
  • cooldad
    Pretty much this ^^^^^^^^
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • I spent over an hour trying to post images. How does one do this please as my usual tequnique isn't working on this forum..
    what is a groupset please..im a little out of touch these days sorry..
    Both bikes fit me perfectly tbh but the voodoo is slower as only has one hope ring on crank for some reason.. The specilized is heavier..
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,299
    To post images go into the full editor bit for a post, click the image tab above the text box and put the url for the image in the middle. If you go to quote my post you should see what I mean
    G45IiEp.jpg
  • cooldad
    Basically, list all the bits on each frame - cranks, mechs, brakes, forks, wheels etc.
    Spec changes from year to year and from country to country, so info helps.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • what else do you require images of please guys

oh, and how do i get this forum to push emails pls as i'm not getting updates
  • cooldad
    Some info per my post. You've posted random bits, just set it out all in one place. It's a bit difficult to work out what's what without some effort. You do the work.

How to do stuff is in the FAQs at the top of page.

But really what Fenix said.

My choice would be the Voodoo, better bits.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • yes but is it a better frame generally considering its a halfords jobbie?
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    If by 'Halfords jobbie' you mean that because it is distributed by Halfords and that you are questioning if their procurement processes are so flawed that they select poor quality frames then reflect on the fact that Halfords was founded in 1892 and would not have sustained a continued existence by providing low quality bikes. I assume that your incessant harping on ill defined quality criteria as well as fiscal poverty is the reason that you and your erstwhile girlfriend went on separate ways.

A bike with a single Hope ring on the front is a good sign as is a SRAM X9 derailleur. As is a girlfriend with her own bike.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • cooldad
    Voodoo are a long established US brand that halfords just distribute. They don't own the brand or make them.

https://www.voodoocycles.com/about-us

Designed by Joe Murray, one of the original mountain biking greats, who also designed for Marin and the best looking/riding Konas of the early 90's. I still have a superb 1996 Kona Explosif.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Murray_(cyclist)

Mine.

22698884996_3f6f966e1d_b.jpg

They actually have a pretty decent pedigree, just happen to be sold by Halfords, which IMHO is a pretty useful shop. Just because they sell Apollo type dross dosen't effect Voodoo.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • FishFish wrote:
    If by 'Halfords jobbie' you mean that because it is distributed by Halfords and that you are questioning if their procurement processes are so flawed that they select poor quality frames then reflect on the fact that Halfords was founded in 1892 and would not have sustained a continued existence by providing low quality bikes. I assume that your incessant harping on ill defined quality criteria as well as fiscal poverty is the reason that you and your erstwhile girlfriend went on separate ways.

A bike with a single Hope ring on the front is a good sign as is a SRAM X9 derailleur. As is a girlfriend with her own bike.

No actually she was put in prison for distributing cocaine.. Little to my knowledge however i am sure you are more familiar considering your narcissistic slur! Now jog on
  • wow this forum is full of total knobs.. like most forums i guess. im outta here.. thanks for nothing you sad lonely losers.
    :twisted:

i wouldnt bother replying as i wont get your messages

admin.. please delete my acount

toodle pip
  • cooldad
    On a scale of 1 to 10, that flounce is a lowly 2.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    There was a distinct sense of humour failure there.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    cooldad wrote:
    On a scale of 1 to 10, that flounce is a lowly 2.
    That's a generous score.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • cooldad
    I'm a loving kind of guy.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools