sungod
sungod Posts: 16,434
edited September 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, office, coffee, meetings, calls, bail, evening of revelry

it was more fun when we were pirates
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Morning , it looks like I will be decorating today, I should be out on my bike with a return of summer, well temperatures of 16 deg .
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Great sleep last night as the body had repaired - even managed a bike ride, lawns and a walk with the current wife (in the dark though)

Today is more meetings than the WI
  • Need coffee.

Apart from that a bit of CX'ing beckons. Bring it on.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    gymned, dry/bright out here, a smidge less cold

may have cafe stop on way to gmc
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Lots of meetings here as well - people seem to be compensating for August. Reminder to self to delegate more meetings...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning,

Site meeting in an hour to give some contractors a good rodgering for producing one of the worst sites I've ever seen, boss has a more important meeting elsewhere so it'll fall to me and I'm not great at that sort of thing. Spent this morning enviously looking through a mate of mine's facebook who supported Foo Fighters last night, I should have learned to play the drums...
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Slap up steak feed for me at Tooting Broadway market. 2 steaks for the price of 1 every Tuesday, so 2x400g flat-iron steaks, béarnaise sauce, shared sides of fries and veg and a glass of wine for £31 before service. It's a bit rough & ready, but that's pretty good value wherever you are.

Mundanity is winning today.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    You can get a whole farm in Scotland for 31 quid.

\Morning me. Morning you lot.

Me fettling van me.

Laters
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:

Me fettling van me.

Laters

Plus cows and someone to run it for me?

I'll stick a fifty in the post, can you get me one?
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Me fettling van me.

Laters

Plus cows and someone to run it for me?

I'll stick a fifty in the post, can you get me one?

Steady on that's nearly two farms there!

Morning, usual rubbish today all I can conclude is it generally sucks in Mexico and surrounding areas are not on my holiday list anytime in the near future.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Its scorchio for me.
    My only worry is that Oxo is keeping the bed warm for when I get back. :wink:

Pleasant fettling Pinno!

+1 for thinking 31 quid is steep.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Moderately busy start to the day. Had to drive in as the car is being serviced today. Was going to get the battery I bought yesterday fitted at the same time but some fokker nicked it. I put it behind the wheelie bin by my garage whilst I went in for a cup of tea, came out 20 minutes later and there it wasn't. Unfortunately because of all the loft extensions being done round our way we get a lot of scrap metal pikeys trawling the streets, thing is they wouldn't have been able to see it from the road. Can they smell metal? Thankfully even buying a second one I've still paid less than retail.
    Tonight is pub then a Thai curry for a mate's birthday. Tomorrow will be hangover and the ring of fire.
    Have a good holiday friend of Bally.
    Right, onwards to coffee and mediocrity...
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    hopkinb wrote:
    Slap up steak feed for me at Tooting Broadway market. 2 steaks for the price of 1 every Tuesday, so 2x400g flat-iron steaks, béarnaise sauce, shared sides of fries and veg and a glass of wine for £31 before service. It's a bit rough & ready, but that's pretty good value wherever you are.

Tooting Broadway market, a bit rough and ready!? That's an understatement.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • hopkinb
    Ballysmate wrote:
    +1 for thinking 31 quid is steep.

£31 for two, so £16.50 for a 400g steak, chips, veg and a glass of wine. In a restaurant, which isn't a chain. In fact, looking at the Harvester menu for a place in the Midlands, the nearest equivalent is a 360g steak for £15.99 with no drink, the price is the same in Glasgow. If we hadn't been greedy, a 200g steak would have been £11.50 each. That's good value, wherever you are.
  • hopkinb
    seanoconn wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

You'd be surprised. It's a bit gentrified now. We sat at an outside table, and we weren't stabbed, not even once.

There's a few bars doing nice beer in there, Japanese food, tapas, this French steak place. Also Turkish & Caribbean places. I like it in there. All the cheap Indian places are still going strong as well, where you can stuff yourself for <£10.
  • seanoconn
    hopkinb wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

You'd be surprised. It's a bit gentrified now. We sat at an outside table, and we weren't stabbed, not even once.

There's a few bars doing nice beer in there, Japanese food, tapas, this French steak place. Also Turkish & Caribbean places. I like it in there. All the cheap Indian places are still going strong as well, where you can stuff yourself for <£10.
    Wow it's changed a bit since my day, smelly pet shop and dodgy cafe were the highlights.
  • ballysmate
    Still think 31 smackers for a steak is dear especially as Sean reckons the area is rough.
    Concede that 2 for1 brings the price down to a more reasonable level though.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    You're £12 short Hoppy.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • haydenm
    I managed to resist a £32 steak (with a side of half a lobster for £8.95) in a pub just inside the M25 on Saturday. I say managed, when I suggested it the GF reminded me we already have one mortgage and we still had a round of drinks to get...

Personally I didn't think it was astronomical for what you get but she wasn't keen.
  • hopkinb
    edited September 2017
  • haydenm
    Pinno wrote:

It is reassuring to know my house isn't actually a house but about 5,500 farms
  • veronese68
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    You're £12 short Hoppy.

Am I?
    I'm guessing this is reference you sending £50 up for two farms being £12 short if you can get one for £31. But you only asked for one and it was someone else that said £50 was nearly enough for two. So you are not £12 short. Although I'd think if you are buying two farms you should get a bit of money knocked off for buying in bulk.
    People around here claim to be accountants. They never claimed to be any good I suppose.

The incompetence of Kingston Council's new parking permit system grows. They changed the system in July, we got a letter explaining the changes last week as it's generating lots of complaints. I got a ticket a while back because of the changes in spite of doing everything in plenty of time. They have now gone to virtual permits and there are no printed permits. I've just received an email saying our permit expires in a fortnight, only problem being it doesn't say which one and we have two cars. Fine at the moment as their is still a paper one on the Mini, but if there is no paper permit shouldn't the email quote the reg number?
  • seanoconn
    Oh great, I'm applying for a permit from
    Kingston council soon :roll:
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    You're £12 short Hoppy.

Am I?
    I'm guessing this is reference you sending £50 up for two farms being £12 short if you can get one for £31. But you only asked for one and it was someone else that said £50 was nearly enough for two. So you are not £12 short. Although I'd think if you are buying two farms you should get a bit of money knocked off for buying in bulk.
    People around here claim to be accountants. They never claimed to be any good I suppose.

Ahhh, the penny drops.

The extra was for the cows plus the farmer to do all the work. I only want the one farm. Two would be excessive.

Having said that, Hayden has 5,500 farms.
  • This morning I woke with the intention of going back to sleep. I didn't and went running.

This afternoon I had good intentions of leaving alcohol alone tonight, I can't see that happening now.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    seanoconn wrote:
    Oh great, I'm applying for a permit from
    Kingston council soon :roll:
    Hopefully that will work. You have to set up an online account and register the car and scan proof of ownership and probably proof of residence. Then it's recorded and you don't get a paper permit. I did all that and still got a ticket because they had no way of transferring a paper permit from one car to a virtual permit on a new car. Total phucking shambles.
    Oh, no more scratch off visitor permits, use them by January or they are no longer valid.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    hopkinb wrote:

Thought you worked in the City Hoppy? Bit far to go for steak even if it is good value for anyone who isn't pathologically tight :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    Went after work with the missus Stevo. It's on the northern line home.
  • ballysmate
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Thought you worked in the City Hoppy? Bit far to go for steak even if it is good value for anyone who isn't pathologically tight :)

Nothing wrong with being 'careful' :wink:
  • sungod
    31 quid for a farm? hmm, wonder what the farming subsidies on it would be, could be a nice earner there, small plot of oats, leave it to it, and watch the cash roll in

tonight's wining and dining shall be the st pancras bubbly bar and brasserie, think i may have the burger, rather than that posh stuff like they have in tooting