tuesday arrrrrrrr, it be international talk like a pirate day

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,438
edited September 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

office, espresso, annoying meeting that i should have given scurvy dog of a salesminion the black spot about wi' a wannion, will see how far i can make them walk along the plank before they're in davy jones' locker

after that, proper gmc punter of gmc wants to talk man to man about going on the account to swissland next week for to talk cloudy stuff to their gmc punter and make some o' them doubloons, there'll be airmiles, hotel points, and the lubbers can wine and dine me with the finest grog

splice the mainbrace me hearties, i'm goin' in!
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Will drink rum later then

WFH today, so further time to practice walking again before seeing work people

Later could be a play on the new bike, but it should be avoid the pub after a couple of night of enjoying it
  • Good morning land lubbin' sons of scurvey infested washer women

Today I be scouring the oceans searching for the lost souls of Davey Jones' locker upon the mighty ship Madone if the foul weather doesn't curtail it.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Ahaarrrr me hearties. The usual Tuesday of rum, sodomy and the lash for me and me crew of maggot infested scum.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,321
    Mornin' all. Day off work t' do some work. Movin' in 2 weeks so better start packin' all me loot. 'ave a good day all arrrrrr.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Arrrr me hearties. I can't be arsed with this. Feed me a few pints and I talk like that anyway.

Stunning morning out, 8 degrees or so but blue sky. Currently locked in debate for a new laptop, I've been using a 6 year old hand me down for the last 3 years despite me being one of two in the company who can use the performance hungry mapping software. That and the fact they have spent £25k on security and video conferencing rubbish. Unfortunately I hadn't realised all laptops are exorbitantly expensive and the people making the decisions don't really know much about computers (neither do I but I have googled the specs for Arcgis). Fun
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Felt like a pirate out in the ocean this morning with all the fog on the ride into work.
    Time to put the winter lights back on the bike.

Yarr.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Arrrr, bollox ye bilge rats!
    Shite start to the day after not sleeping well, poxy car wouldn't start. I mean, avast there be no wind and the sails be limper than old Pugwash. I think I'll have to keel haul some of the land lubbers round these parts if they don't bring me more rum.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    I be working at home. Car in for service and MOT: bloke coming round at some point to install a 'smart meter', although not sure what's so smart about it.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I be working at home. Car in for service and MOT: bloke coming round at some point to install a 'smart meter', although not sure what's so smart about it.

Ye'll never turn on ye toaster and oven at the same time again. The pox-ridden meter she starts glowing red as a bar wench's @rse after me ship's been docked for a week.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Ye'll never turn on ye toaster and oven at the same time again. The pox-ridden meter she starts glowing red as a bar wench's @rse after me ship's been docked for a week.
    Poxy thing will be in the garage where I can't see it. In any event that can't use as much energy as the wife when she's in 'pointless criticism' mode :roll:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Poxy thing will be in the garage where I can't see it. In any event that can't use as much energy as the wife when she's in 'pointless criticism' mode :roll:

make sure it's not the type that is wildly inaccurate under some load conditions

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/09/0 ... r_savings/

only 'smart' aspect is for the pirates who are making a mint of of this
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Covers it perfectly - hate our water meter
  • Stevo_666
    sungod wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

make sure it's not the type that is wildly inaccurate under some load conditions

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/09/0 ... r_savings/

only 'smart' aspect is for the pirates who are making a mint of of this
    Makes sense - it is an EU initiative according to that link :)
  • Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Have just been sailing the seven oceans on ye good ship Madone and am back to make some adjustments to the rudder and oars mechanisms - I did pass several lesser steel clad vessels on the way so am mildly content that the few doubloons I did invest in her have been spent wisely.

I may have some weevils and rum now as well.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Si aad u dhejisid casri casri ah waxyaabaha:

Internetka subixii, wuxuu helay alaab badan oo la sameeyo oo aan ku filneyn waqti uu ku sameeyo.

Marka lagu daro, waxaan ku soconaa barafka caawa!

Laacib ...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Are Klingons pirates?
    I guess that's Somalian.
  • Stevo_666
    Si aad u dhejisid casri casri ah waxyaabaha:

Internetka subixii, wuxuu helay alaab badan oo la sameeyo oo aan ku filneyn waqti uu ku sameeyo.

Marka lagu daro, waxaan ku soconaa barafka caawa!

Laacib ...
    Jabba The Hut?
  • I just be getting my cutlass out to shorten the rudder on the Madone. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • It would appear HD's children have duct-taped Dad's mouth shut, and tied his hands up. The post above is from Siri on his iPhone doing the voice-to-text thing.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • sungod
    Stevo 666 wrote:

it's a good idea in principle, and if the uk government had wanted to block it or do it differently, it could have

blaming the eu is simply the strategy that pretty much every uk government has taken to deflect attention and blame from its own incompetence and corruption - ministers and senior civil servants won't get all those nice directorships and consultancies if they upset the applecart

as with everything else in the uk's absurdly privatised energy business it just represents another way to hoover up the tax payers' money and transfer it to the government's chums, who will then return the favour with said directorships, consultancies, etc.

at least pirates are honest about it

arrrrrr
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    T'noon, joyus day as they've closed the M1 by me again, this time for some suspicious looking package under a bridge so now everything near by is on hyper alert for more bags/packages.
    Parental unit F is currently in hospital moaning via email (why was I stupid enough to give her a tablet!!) how crap it is.

Anyway agree with sungod on the privatised energy providers, some silly amounts of pennies get backhanded around, but I work in a Spanish bank so technically I'm a Spanish Pirate! arrrrrr etc I need a hat with overly large feathers sticking out the top I think for today.
  • Rudder shortened now listening to Born Slippy (Nuxx version) on full volume.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F_VbqvWRCkI

Banging tune.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    Rudder shortened now listening to Born Slippy (Nuxx version) on full volume.

Banging tune.

Dive boy, dog boy, dirty numb angel boy...

Love that track. Takes me back to '96 drinking in the Albany. Sh!t, that's 21 years ago.
  • hopkinb
    sungod wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

it's a good idea in principle, and if the uk government had wanted to block it or do it differently, it could have

blaming the eu is simply the strategy that pretty much every uk government has taken to deflect attention and blame from its own incompetence and corruption - ministers and senior civil servants won't get all those nice directorships and consultancies if they upset the applecart

as with everything else in the uk's absurdly privatised energy business it just represents another way to hoover up the tax payers' money and transfer it to the government's chums, who will then return the favour with said directorships, consultancies, etc.

at least pirates are honest about it

arrrrrr

Hurrah. Ditto rail franchises.
  • hopkinb wrote:

Banging tune.

Love that track. Takes me back to '96 drinking in the Albany. Sh!t, that's 21 years ago.

Moved onto Smells Like Teen Spirit.

May get the grog out soon to start a proper party.

Is that allowed at 1:30 on a Tuesday afternoon?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb wrote:

Banging tune.

Moved onto Smells Like Teen Spirit.

May get the grog out soon to start a proper party.

Is that allowed at 1:30 on a Tuesday afternoon?

Yep. As long as you can still see to pick up the kids later.
  • It's over the yard arm so yes, it's perfectly acceptable.

Same in an airport, once you're through security the yard arm has been passed somewhere in the world.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Right - in the words of a 21 years ago me when Born Slippy was released: 'kin mad one: get on it.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    Shouting, mega, mega, white thing
    Mega, mega, white thing
    Mega, mega, white thing
    Mega, mega
    Shouting, lager, lager, lager, lager

I've been properly earwormed, without even hearing the song.
  • Stevo_666
    sungod wrote:
    blaming the eu
    We won't be able to do that soon...