Urgent Help Needed On 2 Choices

matty1938
matty1938 Posts: 5
edited September 2017 in MTB buying advice
Hi Guys

First of all, hello, looking forward to getting involved in the forum.

I need a bit of advice, i am coming back into mountain biking after a little while and with my budget i have two seemingly great choices and i'd like to pull the trigger on one asap.

1 is a Voodoo Hoodoo, good condition, standard spec.

2 is a Cube Ltd, with Fox 32's, SRAM x5 2x10, Racing Ralph Tyres, Shimano hydro brakes and charge saddle.

I know the spec of the cube bike is better, but i heard they can be very harsh as a frame?

Welcome opinions and experience.

Comments

• Where do you live, and what sort of riding will you be doing?

I have an old Cube Ltd, so my opinion may be out of date. But extensively its a cross-country racer. My friends say it is twitchy / unforgiving.
    It's certainly well specced, relatively light and fast. I found it best suited to longer rides, and cross-country commutes. (I used it for a number of coast-2-coasts). It was great for wooded trails and firetrack.
    Not sure if I would want it to take it on the more technical rides I do now though. The stiff frame means there are times when my fillings are rattling in my mouth.
    I would guess (looking at reviews), that the HooDoo may be better suited for more aggressive riding.
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)