monday translating coordinates in a non-euclidean space, with pineapple

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,434
edited September 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, cafe, wfh, dentist for a 3d scanning preparatory to something ingenious (or so he says), cafe, shops, wfh

meeting up with colleague/chum from euroland in a couple of days, need to try and talk him into a decadent night out with much bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Yeah Monday :(

WFH - 3hrs kip wasn't enough but struggled to sleep with a broken body

Later is chilled bar dropping off the eldest at yuff club
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Yet another morning when I am up early for no reason.
    Long day of watching wife stress over packing. (For a holiday. I haven't kicked her out)
    She also insists that the car is checked over for the journey. Tyres, oil, water etc as well as cleaned inside and out.

We are driving 20 miles to the airport ffs :roll:
  • And - yaaaaaaawwwwwwwn. Just having some cornflakes and a coffee before riding. Nice.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    brekkie 1 had, gym gymned, currently noming pre-cafe pineapple
  • ballysmate
    oxoman wrote:
    Night shift completed, bed awaits.

It's ok. I left it nice and warm. :wink:
  • Morning, I must be losing the plot I could not find the post.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    I'm just hoping Lincolndave isn't a postman.
    Bit grey and dull out, warmer than last week though as I was a touch too warm wobbling in. Felt like I was riding through mushroom soup, the air felt particularly thick. Hoping for a quiet day, only one cup of tea has been drunk so far. Somebody else should turn up at some point soon to make me another one. Coffee machine is on and warming nicely.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Long day of watching wife stress over packing. (For a holiday. I haven't kicked her out)
    She also insists that the car is checked over for the journey. Tyres, oil, water etc as well as cleaned inside and out.

Where are you off to Bally?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • ballysmate
    seanoconn wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

Missus is dragging me of to Lanzarote.
    But Sungod I am not. My time will be spent walking from cafe to cafe. No bikes involved.
  • seanoconn
    Ballysmate wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

Missus is dragging me of to Lanzarote.
    But Sungod I am not. My time will be spent walking from cafe to cafe. No bikes involved.
    Sounds good, book to read, plenty of food and drink, minimal nagging. Enjoy Bally :D
  • ballysmate
    Have you got your new telly yet Sean?
    Watcha get? Watcha get?
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Wedding down south on the weekend, 325 miles each way. On the plus side we stayed at a friend's house on Friday night and drank lots. Unfortunately that lead to me being extremely hungover for the wedding, managed not to be sick until after the ceremony though which I was quite proud about. Then I started drinking again, still hungover now.
  • seanoconn
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Watcha get? Watcha get?
    That thread left more confused. I was hoping someone would tell me exactly what TV to buy :?
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    HaydenM wrote:
    Unfortunately that lead to me being extremely hungover for the wedding, managed not to be sick until after the ceremony though which I was quite proud about. Then I started drinking again, still hungover now.

Groooogggghhh. Yuck. Were you sick quietly in someone's hat? I hate hangovers.

Monday is shyte. The less said about it the better.
  • hopkinb
    seanoconn wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Watcha get? Watcha get?
    That thread left more confused. I was hoping someone would tell me exactly what TV to buy :?

https://www.richersounds.com/sony-kd49x ... -category2

And...

https://www.richersounds.com/canton-dm5 ... e-product3

There you go.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    hopkinb wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    Unfortunately that lead to me being extremely hungover for the wedding, managed not to be sick until after the ceremony though which I was quite proud about. Then I started drinking again, still hungover now.

Groooogggghhh. Yuck. Were you sick quietly in someone's hat? I hate hangovers.

I was sick loudly in a toilet cubicle. I waited until I thought there had been sufficient turnover of occupants in the other cubicles before leaving to avoid suspicion from the other wedding guests. Unfortunately I suspect they might have known it was me already after I arrived 30 seconds before the Bride then fell over in the pews. That and me being responsible for their very religious son getting hammered non-stop for 3 years at uni. I'm hoping they just assumed I was ill.
  • veronese68
    Pretty sure they know the truth HM.
    I don't like Richer Sounds. Bought a CD player off them years ago, long story short is that they lie like flatfish. Spoke to a customer some time after and he mentioned he used to work for them. His tales of their sales techniques were enough to convince me not to buy from them again. John Lewis, faultless service and extended warranty included in the price and they will price match.
  • ballysmate
    hopkinb wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Watcha get? Watcha get?

And...

There you go.

IME Sony have not been worth the price premium.
    Just sayin'
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Ballysmate wrote:
    oxoman wrote:
    Night shift completed, bed awaits.

It's ok. I left it nice and warm...

...and flea ridden.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks,
    I'm just hoping Lincolndave isn't a postman.

'Post' is a reference to fence post. It's a point of reference in that flat part of the world and often where they live.

Me grass cutting me. Might take me a while and I might go around in circles. Funny that.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    Ballysmate wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Watcha get? Watcha get?

And...

There you go.

Just sayin'

IME they have! My old one just won't die. Anything in that £600 to £700 bracket will do a similar job.
  • veronese68
    hopkinb wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Just sayin'

IME they have! My old one just won't die. Anything in that £600 to £700 bracket will do a similar job.

I think they may have been with CRT, don't think that's the case nowadays. That's according to a mate that works in TV editing and is usually a Sony fanboy.
  • hopkinb
    We've confused him again now. Choice & nuance is not what Seano wants. Tell him what to buy, and he will buy. Mine's a pint Seano, and some pork scratchings.
  • veronese68
    hopkinb wrote:
    We've confused him again now. Choice & nuance is not what Seano wants. Tell him what to buy, and he will buy. Mine's a pint Seano, and some pork scratchings.
    Wasn't that the point? I'll just have a pint with no nibbles, I'll steal some off H³.
    More importantly as a first aider was it inappropriate of me to ask a girl to take her top off so I could put a plaster on her finger?
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    More importantly as a first aider was it inappropriate of me to ask a girl to take her top off so I could put a plaster on her finger?

Not at all - how else are you meant to do your job properly if you can't check her respiratory rate and depth of breathing which is generally quite difficult if they are wearing layers?

Amateur mistake frequently made.

Same principle applies even if you are taking a wrist pulse or checking pupils. Or feet. Any occasion really.

Unless she's a munter, in which case you pass her on.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I believe that's in all the manuals these days. As long as you take a picture as well.
  • seanoconn
    hopkinb wrote:
    gaah.gif

290.gif
  • sungod
    just go to john lewis and eyeball the picture quality of the ones in budget

do it when the store is quiet, so you can tune the ones you fancy to the same hd channel and turn off stupid picture modes that bear no relation to reality, then look for noise, motion blur, blockiness etc.

buy the one with the picture you prefer
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,165
    Pinno wrote:
    Me grass cutting me. Might take me a while and I might go around in circles. Funny that.
    Borrow a sheep or a goat. Tether it a stake in the ground with a length of rope. Same effect, less effort.

Woke up early, pedalled in, had lots of meetings and only just stopped for lunch because someone cancelled a meeting on me. It can only get better from here.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]