Which model SLX brake is correct for trail riding.

Applesandoranges
Applesandoranges Posts: 41
edited September 2017 in MTB buying advice
Hi just sold my DB5s to replace with SLX brakes.
On the new black SLX brakes what model is the one designed for trail riding for my Five? That many different sub models it gets confusing.

Thanks

Comments

• JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    The current SLX is M7000.
    There are no sub-sets of SLX, are there?
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Not that I know of.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • JBA wrote:
    The current SLX is M7000.
    There are no sub-sets of SLX, are there?

Hi, are you sure im pretty sure on the older slx models that they had different versions of the slx, lkke same brake but tuned differently. Im pretty sure i read it of shimanos site aswell at the time. Hmm.
  • 02gf74
    02gf74 Posts: 1,168
    [iim pretty sure on the older slx models that they had different versions of the slx, lkke same brake but tuned differently. Im pretty sure i read it of shimanos site aswell at the time. Hmm.

Do you have links to where you read this?

The only variants of the same model of shimano brakes I've come across is the clamp type and/or possibly colour
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Why is whatever might have been relevant?
    What is confusing you about them now?
    Maybe link to what you are looking at.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • They make different versions of XTR brakes but I'm sure there's only one SLX
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Only one version of SLX (easy to check https://cycle.shimano-eu.com/content/se ... m7000.html )
    They have just announced an expansion to the XT range at Eurobike (not on the website yet) with a 2 or 4 pot calliper being the options.

XTR has had Trail and Race options for a while.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Thanks all thats what i was getting confused with but its just the XTR. Just making sure.
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    there are touring versions of XT and deore with different levers.