2017 worlds

Comments

• Great rides from Sunweb men and women.

They've got really good chances in mens iTT and RR as well, Dumoulin, Kelderman, Matthews
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • RichN95 wrote:
    Thomas ok for the TTT but not the ITT or Road Race?
    I dare say he could knock out a time trial if they were desperate, but they're not. He wouldn't be competitive so I doubt he's terribly enthused at the prospect of battling to 15th position (at best). On the other hand he's fit enough to contribute properly to a TTT team that will challenge for a medal.

16:56:09 CEST

Froome is looking round. He wants to wait for Thomas. But Thomas can't match the pace, and they must forge on without him.

Went well then ;)
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    RichN95 wrote:
    I dare say he could knock out a time trial if they were desperate, but they're not. He wouldn't be competitive so I doubt he's terribly enthused at the prospect of battling to 15th position (at best). On the other hand he's fit enough to contribute properly to a TTT team that will challenge for a medal.

Froome is looking round. He wants to wait for Thomas. But Thomas can't match the pace, and they must forge on without him.

Went well then ;)
    In hindsight they should have picked Poels instead. But everything's easy with hindsight.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,123
    awavey wrote:
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    As for Tom Pidcock - I'd keep him doing cross if only because it might stop BC turning him into a pursuiter.

Word

well Cycling Weekly have him signing for Team Wiggo

http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/racin ... ins-351117

Hmm, how is that going to work? His 2 year contract with Telenet-Fidea (Trek) starts on Oct 1st....
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • RichN95 wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

Went well then ;)
    In hindsight they should have picked Poels instead. But everything's easy with hindsight.

Just goes to show that the climb free ToB was shiite preparation for the worlds.
    Sunweb 2 The Rest of the World 0
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,312
    My Team Sky pick certainly didn't pan out! You should have taken that bet, Rich! :D
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • Dumolin v Froome in this TT is the first skirmish of TDF2018
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    AndyRAC wrote:

Hmm, how is that going to work? His 2 year contract with Telenet-Fidea (Trek) starts on Oct 1st....

His contract with Telenet-Fidea is for cyclocross only I understand.
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Impressive looking course and a good turnout today. Already better than last year
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    RonB wrote:
    Impressive looking course and a good turnout today. Already better than last year

Could hardly be worse...

Looks like a nice place, and as you say good crowds. Nice to see.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    philwint wrote:
    No tri spokes for Sky - is that because of the one that disintegrated?
    heavier for the climb... probably.
  • Junior women:
    First rider off the ramp; an Italian, takes the lead.
    Last rider off the ramp: an Italian, the only rider to beat her.
  • Junior women:
    First rider off the ramp; an Italian, takes the lead.
    Last rider off the ramp: an Italian, the only rider to beat her.

Pfeiffer Georgi in 7th - Am I correct in thinking that she is a first year junior?
  • Woohoo!
    Mikkel Berg takes the title in the mens u23 ITT :-)

That tops Soren Kragh winning with Sunweb yesterday.
  • Pidcock man, that lad is ridiculous.
  • The real deal for sure.
    Blog on first season road racing http://www.twhatley.com/
  • Pidcock is definitely The Future.

Adds the jnr ITT world championship to an already stunning multidisciplinary palmares.

2017: Cross World, European and National jnr champion, Paris-Roubaix jnr winner, National jnr champion in the scratch. Also the national crit champion - in the elite class.
  • No way am I backing against him doing the double on Sat. No bloody way.

In the interview after winning he said he was working for the team on Saturday.
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    edited September 2017
  • NervexProf
    NervexProf Posts: 4,202
    Pidcock is definitely The Future.

Adds the jnr ITT world championship to an already stunning multidisciplinary palmares.

2017: Cross World, European and National jnr champion, Paris-Roubaix jnr winner, National jnr champion in the scratch. Also the national crit champion - in the elite class.

This brings his career wins to 118 !
    Common sense in an uncommon degree is what the world calls wisdom

In the interview after winning he said he was working for the team on Saturday.

May be riding for Fred Wright...
  • That road rash of Dolan's beats my Goose Gate. Ouchy :shock:
    Correlation is not causation.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028

And winner of the Junior Tour of Wales...
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    And he would have been national road champ if not for a surprise late attack that caught everyone out...I think he finished 2nd to Louis.
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Why is Mullen not riding the ITT?
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • A beer for Bergen 2017

be82f746-d9df-4f80-8d61-9ba0cce49493_zpsj7vkwacw.png
  • And yeah but no to Annemiek's short length.
  • A beer for Bergen 2017

be82f746-d9df-4f80-8d61-9ba0cce49493_zpsj7vkwacw.png

Photobucket are now demanding ££ to be able to post your photos to websites, the bastardos
  • Imposter wrote:

And winner of the Junior Tour of Wales...

The biggest of them all, imo. :D