2018 bikes

musclebeach
musclebeach Posts: 116
edited September 2017 in MTB buying advice
So then the 2018 bikes have started to come out, anyone know when the YT's may be updated? The Radon's etc?

After having my bike stolen I'm on the lookout for another and want to wait for 2018 models before I choose

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Why do you want to wait for a 2018? Usually a worse spec and no offers!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Well I had my Transition Scout 2017 stolen and I'm not dead cert I want the 2018 because of the colours so curious to see what 2018 season bikes have to offer.... going to the cycle show at the end of the month but I'm just impatient I guess!
  • The 2018 Scout has had amazing reviews. I had the old one and that was awesome so I'm really tempted by the new one and also the new TR11
  • Ahhh I've not read any reviews yet, plus if I could find a good company to paint it I could always get it the colour I want....
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Or just ride it so it's mud coloured?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Have to agree really, unless the factory paint job is a particularly offensive colour, then it's a much lesser consideration than the overall bike, it's gonna get dirty and covered in scratches and dings anyway.
  • I would never let colour get in the way of buying the best bike. The reviews I've seen of the new Scout suggest it is likely to be the best 2018 trail bike or not far from it.