saturday stabbing jihadis in the face, with fire

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,431
edited September 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

our own correspondent has related the intelligence that it's nippy out, mindful of this, i shall add extra layers for the ride, and perhaps avail myself of extra cake at one of the many most excellent emporia that proffer such comestibles for the delectation of passing velocipedists

remainder of the day i shall mostly be eating, drinking, and relaxing
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Morning, I am just about to go out for a ride, before the rain sets in, arm and leg warmer weather here as well, the next thing will be full gloves
    Have a god weekend
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Nothing much today. Dog will want a walk. Kids will want supervision. Maybe I'll stick that new chainset on.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    After a couple of days drinking like a stag party it's back to being dry - how boring as I fancy more beer whilst listening to my new record player :)

Today is kids stuff, then see my mate off then get my kit ready for tomorrow

Later is a pals birthday party and a shoot sleep as I wind myself up
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Morning, I am just about to go out for a ride, before the rain sets in, arm and leg warmer weather here as well, the next thing will be full gloves
    Have a god weekend
    Same as him.
  • Garry H
    TLW1 wrote:
    After a couple of days drinking like a stag party it's back to being dry - how boring as I fancy more beer whilst listening to my new record player :)

Seems a bit OTT. Can't you compromise by drinking a nice red instead?
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Morning. Coffee x3 has been consumed, Vogue read, presents bought, now time to try and build this winter frame
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    Ikea. Go Outdoors. CostCo.

Milton Keynes, here I come

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Lie in, brekky, coffee so far. Bank, Waitrose and footy later then the evening is stuffed by having to pick up Stropteen from Gatwick. What an exciting day.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    brrrrr, gloomygrey ride, i'm hating the cold a bit more each year

didn't see the cause, but at regent's park some poor bloke, cyclist from the look of it, was being immobilised for loading in an ambulance, many police, with lots of guns as it was at the crossing next to the us ambassador's bijou cottage

had eggs and bacon instead of cake
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Bit cloudy and threatening rain. It's been a sh1t summer and it's already into even sh1tter, colder weather. Managed to curt the swamp reeds... er, I mean grass yesterday but that was only the postage stamp of home not the hectares of PPP. Dunno how that one will pan out. Crutch and strimmers are a dodgy mix.

Trying to entertain toots. Trying to get a part number for a W202 car part. Trying.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Its grey and cool here as well. Strifey has just naffed off to Bluewater so its just me and the hound for now. May get some jobs done.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    Lunch at Hoo Hing Mitcham. Duck and pork noodle soup, various dim sum. Stuffed for next to nothing. Fab.
  • Garry H
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Its grey and cool here as well. Strifey has just naffed off to Bluewater so its just me and the hound for now. May get some jobs done.
    Nah, just get drunk.
  • Stevo_666
    Garry H wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Nah, just get drunk.
    May save that until I''ve driven to and from Gatwick later on.
  • Garry H
    Pinno wrote:
    Bit cloudy and threatening rain. It's been a sh1t summer and it's already into even sh1tter, colder weather. Managed to curt the swamp reeds... er, I mean grass yesterday but that was only the postage stamp of home not the hectares of PPP. Dunno how that one will pan out. Crutch and strimmers are a dodgy mix.

Trying to entertain toots. Trying to get a part number for a W202 car part. Trying.

Laters.

Same here, but with added rain. Wore long sleeved jersey for first time since about april :( SAD
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Garry H wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Seems a bit OTT. Can't you compromise by drinking a nice red instead?

If you insist :D

Oh yeah, hot sunny blue skies no wind etc etc :wink:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • phil485
    phil485 Posts: 364
    Spent most of the day emptying shed getting ready for the new one. Means the turbo area is wrecked so need to do an hour in the spare bedroom and see how sweaty I get.

More of the same tomorrow
  • Garry H
    Shed? What kinda shed? C'mon mun, talk!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Evening and such, some kind fellow at work wiped out half the office with gastroenteritis hence being quiet on the me front. First day I've felt human enough to be anywhere bar bed an the loo.
    Sent the other half an dog packing to the mothers so as not to infect anyone further. Weekend wasted now etc tomorrow shall be spent cleaning and putting the pace back into some form of order no doubt.
  • phil485
    phil485 Posts: 364
    Garry H wrote:

Replacing 10m x 4m lean to falling down asbestos roofed thing with 12m x 5m log cabin.

3.5m gym/ Pain cave
    3m dedicated bike store
    5.5m workshop.

Gong to be awesome just need to get the old one down. Delivery of the new one mid nov
  • Garry H
    That's a shed!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Garry H wrote:

Why? You haven't got room for anything bigger than a 7 x 4 anyway or are you just dreaming?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Garry H
    Dreaming is free, as Debbie Harry once said. I can fit an 8x5
  • hopkinb
    Garry H wrote:
    Metres?! Jesus.
  • Garry H
    hopkinb wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Metres?! Jesus.

Feet :|
  • hopkinb
    Garry H wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Metres?! Jesus.

Phew. Thought you were the laird of all yonder for a while there.
  • Stevo_666
    Garry H wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Metres?! Jesus.

Similar dimensions to Pinno's shed. I think he calls his a 'W202'.
  • sungod
    feet?

catch up with the 18th century, it's metres matey
  • Garry H
    sungod wrote:
    feet?

Brexit innit, back to the 18th century, making britain great again!
  • Stevo_666
    Garry H wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    feet?

Brexit innit, back to the 18th century, making britain great again!
    If you're a Brexiter then I'm not buying you a 568ml down the pub.