friday fighting triffids in the corridors

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,436
edited September 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, cafe, wfh, physio, cafe, wfh, veg

the falling temperatures and shorter days contribute to an overwhelming sense of meh, perhaps that should be overwhelking, as in a whelk's chance in a supernova, or maybe we should make more fjords, i dunno
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Morning, just been out with the dog, it's a lot colder but at least the wind has dropped
    Shopping and then going out for lunch with a very good friend who likes a drink or two, so I could get messy, if you know what I mean.
    Have a good day
  • sungod
    nippy but bright trip to the gym, though clouding over now

cafe beckons, toats
  • Exercise, an early night, alcohol free and I still feel tired... WTF???

Staff meeting today, no doubt they'll moan but that's life.

Busy weekend ahead on PPs 3&4
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Happy Friday! Off to TGI Fridays this evening for my sons 7th birthday. A day of using work hours to do other stuff beckons.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Definitely a tad chilly out again, managed to ride in though. Bit of a scare when I hit the kerb at one point, it wasn't my intention but it was that or get run over by a fat tw@t in a tiny hatchback. Probably be the usual Fryday morning chaos in here, dead pig for lunch then pub with the Mrs later. Roll on the weekend.
    Happy birthday to little Seano. Are you going to buy him a telly?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Happy birthday to mini tv buyer

Last night is a massive blur, but average heart rate of nearly double the norm says it was fun

Today is off work so chilled start with undecided middle followed by the pub

Re: middle - karting / running / Cycling / viewing car collection is the current choice
  • Why can't people do the most simple of things properly to stop themselves getting shouted at?

FFS it drives me mad.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Smashy smashy commute in, so legs are protesting. Boss's birthday, so he's laid on posh sausage rolls, which is excellent, especially as I skipped breakfast. I'll head for a coffee later, pay various bills and look forward to the weekend!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    I see you took my advice SG.

Your daughter hasn't got your gene's VN.

Me prevaricating me.

Happy 7th little Seano (imagine having a Dad like that, you poor basket).

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    Only in height thankfully. Unfortunately she got the worry gene from her mother.
    Thanks for the kind words all.
    I know it seems daft but why do I feel it's ok to talk about things like that on here but on Bookface it looks like bragging for the sake of it. I guess it's because I moaned at you all about the downs so wanted to share the ups and Bookface is full of people bragging about one thing or another.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    First commute in for me in 5 weeks sand being tired o the legs were not really up to it, although the newly serviced communter bike made life a bit easier. Now stuffing my face with some chicken coconut noodle thing after explaining to one of the cowboy sales people why he can't get paid by a North African customer in a non-convertible currency :roll:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    You need to do more pedalling and less of this freewheeling thing you're keen on Stevo. Soon sort you out. Put your customer in touch with me, i'll sort him out. Sh!t currencies is my thing :D

Weather's a bit rubbish. Arts and crafts afternoon I think.
  • The height of todays enjoyment is finding out that Screwfix have got two matching lights in stock.

Oh the dizzying highs!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Garry H wrote:
    You need to do more pedalling and less of this freewheeling thing you're keen on Stevo. Soon sort you out. Put your customer in touch with me, i'll sort him out. Sh!t currencies is my thing :D

Weather's a bit rubbish. Arts and crafts afternoon I think.
    That's the aim as I have a few pounds to shift after a month off any bike :oops:

We don't actually want him to do this - much easier to get the local distributor to keep on taking the money and paying us in Euros. We don't want bloody Moroccan Dirhams...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Garry H
    You're quite right, nobody wants dirham. You'd have to be MAD :wink:
  • hopkinb
    I'm going to Morocco (Marrakech) for a few days after my wedding. Do I want Dirhams? Or do I take EUR/USD?
  • hopkinb
    Ahh, closed currency. So I take whatever - I can only buy Dirhams when I get there.
  • Garry H
    You have no choice, other than usd or eur.

Edit: but you know that now.
  • veronese68
    Garry H wrote:
    Not even with a bit of naan bread and washed down with a bottle of Kingfisher?
  • A nice bit of slow cooked Dirham always goes down well in Casa MF so long as it's not too spicy.

Talking of spice: Geri Haliwell. Smashtastic.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    A nice bit of slow Dirham always goes down well in Casa MF so long as it's not too spicy.

She was always my favourite spice. You can keep the other 4.
  • Any idea what currency they use in Malta?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb wrote:
    A nice bit of slow Dirham always goes down well in Casa MF so long as it's not too spicy.

She was always my favourite spice. You can keep the other 4.

Agree - utterly lovely and has only got better with age.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Garry H
    Any idea what currency they use in Malta?

Nobody should need to know that.
  • Garry H
    Anybody else following the Cassini thing? My small brain finds it fascinating.
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Only in height thankfully. Unfortunately she got the worry gene from her mother.
    Thanks for the kind words all.
    I know it seems daft but why do I feel it's ok to talk about things like that on here but on Bookface it looks like bragging for the sake of it. I guess it's because I moaned at you all about the downs so wanted to share the ups and Bookface is full of people bragging about one thing or another.
    It's because Bookface is the instrument of Satan whereas on here you mainly get people of discernment who wish to spread sweetness and light. Most of the time anyway. Nowt wrong with being a proud dad, V68, why else would you have 'em?
    Day off work today so been bumming around. Took Mrs BBGeek for an x-ray at a rather swish new medical centre and then had a couple of pints for lunch in a pub we haven't been to for a while. Might do some rice dish thing for tea, up early to go to France to dent the credit card and buy some wine. A whizz up the autoroute for some beer may also be in order.
    Monday booked off as well, this must be what being retired is like.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • sungod
    Any idea what currency they use in Malta?

euro

but that's no excuse to go to malta
  • Stevo_666
    Garry H wrote:
    Ho ho.

Problem is, we'll get shafted on the exchange rate by whichever bank when we convert it into Euros to get it out of the country. Captive audience etc... Also as its leasing, the FX on 3+ year outstanding balances is going to be all over the shop and hedging it will cost a fortune. Unless you got any great ideas?
  • Garry H
    None. Nobody does it.
  • Stevo_666
    Garry H wrote:
    None. Nobody does it.
    The changing of the money or the leasing?