Focus Cayo Cable Routing Plate

Sutton_Rider
Sutton_Rider Posts: 493
edited September 2017 in Workshop
I have a Focus Cayo and I want to remove the Cable Routing Plate at the front, but not sure how it comes off. Does anyone know?
https://www.bike24.com/p2183736.html

Comments

• keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    No, and there's no helpful document on the Focus website.

In the absence of any obvious securing screws my guess would be it's a push fit, but simply prising it off when you don't know where / if it has any little plastic retaining clips could be a bit risky. Can you drop out the fork and peer inside the headtube with the aid of a torch??
  • You're right about prising it off, however it would make sense for it to come off that way, but until I know for sure I'll not try it. I was hoping to do it without taking the forks out. Thanks for you're reply anyway keef66.
  • Send an email to Focus. Probably the best people to ask.
  • Phoned one of the main Focus dealers, they don't know.
  • Phoned one of the main Focus dealers, they don't know.
    I would still send an email to their main headquarters (if possible). They may work a little harder to find the answer for you.
  • I can't find any contact email address for their main HQ that's why I tried one of their main UK dealers.
  • Try this one. https://www.focus-bikes.com/us_en/simpl ... m/contact/ Directed me to my USA site but lets you pick what country you're inquiring from. Hopefully they can help you. Try selecting some other countries if they don't give you an answer.
  • Thanks cranky, I've emailed them, we will see what happens. Cheers.
  • PK1
    PK1 Posts: 193
    I think it pulls off as there are no fixings visible when I took the forks out. You will need to loosen all the cables that attach to it too.
  • Thanks PK1 What you're saying makes sense. I've not had a reply from Focus as yet.
  • Focus customer service doesn't sound very helpful. Thank goodness for forums such as this.
  • I had a reply from Focus today:

"The plate is just mounted with glue tape. You just have remove it with a bit "force".

So now we know. - A bit of sticky tape, German Engineering at it's finest.