Where is SG?

Morning. Same old bollox for me.

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,436
    'ning

drinks last night, had an extra snooze

cafe, wfh, cafe, wfh, cafe, wfh, and relax

total coordination failure by gmc punter of gmc, as a result later today i shall be making it up as i go along to gmc punter of gmc punter of gmc, what can possibly go wrong
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    sungod wrote:
    total coordination failure by gmc punter of gmc, as a result later today i shall be making it up as i go along to gmc punter of gmc punter of gmc, what can possibly go wrong
    Sounds like a flawless plan.

I'm supposed to be outside all day in the rain but now have a meeting mid morning which has killed that off. Was quite looking forward to another day outside tbh.
  • Blowing a hoolie, persisting down.

Great.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    oooh, cold again ... but not cold enough for long gloves or legs .... just cold enough that the 1st 10 mins of the early morning commute hurt ... and the rest I over heat

Looking forward to it being permanently cold, at least that way I can dress accordingly
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    A bit tired.

Got up at 3.15am, dropped Stropteen at Gatwick at 4.30am for her school trip to Berlin. Drove home, went back to bed for a couple of hours. Now on train needing coffee...and I'm meant to going out drinking tonight.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod wrote:
    Sounds like a flawless plan.

I'm supposed to be outside all day in the rain but now have a meeting mid morning which has killed that off. Was quite looking forward to another day outside tbh.

What does the MBNW in brackets mean?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Morning, strange weather , rain, sunshine, colder as well, arm and leg warmers at the ready
    Waiting for the new plaster to dry out so I can decorate the room, let's hope it never dries :), I am not keen on decorating, especially with the supervisor who lives here, she can spot blemishes at 50 yds
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Definitely a touch on the chilly side, being a bit of a jessie I did go for knee warmers and full gloves. My right hand tends to seize up if it gets a bit cold so I try to keep it warm. Mild Thursday hangover is present as expected, bit of a quiet night in the pub last night. Found out that mate with the big C has got a lot worse. He was on a new trial and it hasn't worked, now on borrowed time it seems.
    Back to more important news, temp that was supposed to be covering maternity in accounts has left after only a couple of weeks. This is a great shame as we failed to get a picture of her norks.
  • veronese68
    Ooh, we could all havea guess:
    Mild bloke, not w@nker
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Sore throats and head hurts - horlex, need to be well

Sunny here in Birmingham and more carb loading for lunch followed by starting drinking again later when my pal turns up from the states - going to be messy
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Got up, made yoghurt with whole milk, made some bread with almond flour, off to mix some cement, with sand, then off out for long lunch with the Italian contingent :D

Warm, sunny, hot later, blah blah :roll:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Now struggling with Spotify charging me even though my account says on free Spotify but being charged nonetheless so not free Spotify.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Ooh, we could all havea guess:
    Mild bloke, not w@nker

Massive balls, no willy?

Stack of meetings have landed in my calendar overnight. @rse. This is what happens when you ask me for a decision/advice about your fishy transactions that you want to park in the Grand Duchy for no discernible reason. I spike 'em. I spike 'em real good. I expect to be spun all sorts of bullshyte stories during the course of the day, but I have covered my @rse several paygrades higher than my own. I would think only the GBC CFO could overrule this, and he won't because it stinks, not that it'll get that far.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Second day of gloves with the addition of a cute little Cycling cap this morning.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • hopkinb
    Oh yeah, all you mechanically minded folk - a quick question.

What could have suddenly made my chain start skipping from the big chainring to the small ring, but only when in one of the larger cogs at the rear, by larger I mean the third specifically, I never cross chain more egregiously than that, and only to pull away. Do I just need to re-index at the back? Big chainring is probably quite worn, could it be that? Chain and cassette are only 2 or 3 weeks old, and I cleaned and lubed the chain last night. Problem goes away in the 4th and smaller cogs, though pedalling is not as smooth as it was, with some "dead" spots in the pedal stroke from time to time.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,436
    if the rings are badly worn it might do it

has it got a shark toothed look?
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • hopkinb
    sungod wrote:

Yep. Been steadfastly burying my head in the sand about it.
  • veronese68
    sungod wrote:

Probably this, re-indexing the back won't help. As the chain wears it will happen less because the chain gets more flexible laterally. You could set the front so it is really close up against the chain in that combination, but you will get a bit of rub which would annoy me.
  • H3

You want to be careful - if the front chain ring is really worn and shark tooth the chain could start slipping off the front and down by the crank arm - this will result in you either falling off or crushing your gonads against the frame.

New chain ring time or, depending on cost of the same, its sometimes cheaper to throw and whole new chain set on.

Mrs H3 can't say anything as its a safety job I'm afraid.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:
    sungod wrote:

Probably this, re-indexing the back won't help. As the chain wears it will happen less because the chain gets more flexible laterally. You could set the front so it is really close up against the chain in that combination, but you will get a bit of rub which would annoy me.

Ah bollox. I'd better resume my hunt for a 50T hidden bolt chainring that is reasonably priced.
  • hopkinb
    H3

You want to be careful - if the front chain ring is really worn and shark tooth the chain could start slipping off the front and down by the crank arm - this will result in you either falling off or crushing your gonads against the frame.

New chain ring time or, depending on cost of the same, its sometimes cheaper to throw and whole new chain set on.

Luckily there's a chain catcher, so it's not happened yet.

£85.99 for a whole new sram rival chainset seems to be the cheapest option. 50T chainrings are available for a similar price.

Bollox.
  • veronese68
    its sometimes cheaper to throw a whole new chain set on.

The man make sense.
    You've just realised that as I was too slow.
  • H3 - what are you after chainset wise? Rival? Shimano? How about Fulcrum like this:

https://www.merlincycles.com/fulcrum-r- ... 46301.html

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    Thanks all, I feared it might be expensive, rather than me just twiddling with the barrel adjuster.
  • hopkinb
    H3 - what are you after chainset wise? Rival? Shimano? How about Fulcrum like this:

Rival compact. Any bigger and it won't fit on the frame. All done and ordered. That does look a lot of chainset for £100 though.
  • Summer is officially over, the turbo trainer is set up in the garage.

Truck in garage and I'm stuck with a crappy loan car. A crappy loan car which is currently sat at home with a nail in its crappy front tyre.

Crap.

Run tonight to top off what will no doubt be a rubbish day spent rushing about.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • So far, Spotify customer service rocks.

Really efficient and helpful.

Let's see how it goes now now I've jinxed it.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Summer is officially over, the turbo trainer is set up in the garage.

Truck in garage and I'm stuck with a crappy loan car. A crappy loan car which is currently sat at home with a nail in its crappy front tyre.

Crap.

Run tonight to top off what will no doubt be a rubbish day spent rushing about.

Don't go running. It's shyyyyt.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • You're not kidding but some bloody woman has signed me up for a half marathon in 3 or 4 weeks time.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • hopkinb wrote:
    H3 - what are you after chainset wise? Rival? Shimano? How about Fulcrum like this:

Rival compact. Any bigger and it won't fit on the frame. All done and ordered. That does look a lot of chainset for £100 though.

Coolio.

Now stick the old one on classifieds/bay and get some money back.

The fulcrums are really nice - I have 2 (plain black on the Cervelo, a red/black one in the box of bits that I got as part of a deal). - the plain black is lovely.

They are really nice: big, chunky, solid. Not as nice as the FSA SL-K ones, but very good value for money at £90. Not so much at £300................

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.