edited September 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

office with much espresso etc.

bail early lest i summarily execute the next idiot to waste my time
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    WFH - so should still be in bed, but couldn't sleep - bright side, made final arrangements for my mates visit from the states tomorrow

As I've no commute and not drinking, weather dependent might do a few jobs outside
  • Morning, blowing a gale here, so it will be a session on the rollers, then a trip to b and q for some paint , light fittings etc etc, as the builders will be finished today
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Up early for no reason, couldn't sleep. Again! Ironically I used to struggle to get up in the mornings when I had to.
    Perhaps I have a guilt conscience about something?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,422
    Early finish today as we need to get a bit of kip before we take Stropteen to Gatwick tomorrow morning for her school trip to Berlin. They need to be there at 4.30am :roll:

Apart from that its going to be another day on the corporate hamster wheel.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Blowing an almighty hoolie out there so no bike again. This is now rubbish - 20 minutes in 6 days sucks.

Off to work in a bit then normal scheizer............
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,399
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Up early for no reason, couldn't sleep. Again! Ironically I used to struggle to get up in the mornings when I had to.
    It's best to get up Bally. Reminds me of our milkman at work, 40 years in the job, up at stupid o'clock 6 days a week and he's so excited to retire. Less than 6 months into his retirement he drops dead. Too many lay ins, your body does not like you f@cking with its routine!

Managed to avoid one tree and a few thousand conkers on my wobble in.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • ballysmate
    seanoconn wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    It's best to get up Bally. Reminds me of our milkman at work, 40 years in the job, up at stupid o'clock 6 days a week and he's so excited to retire. Less than 6 months into his retirement he drops dead. Too many lay ins, your body does not like you f@cking with its routine!

I trust you have gathered some conkers for Sean Jr and will be instructing him in the noble art.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Office, dentist, site visit with the son of someone who is important to us apparently. Very tired today.
  • seanoconn
    Ballysmate wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

I trust you have gathered some conkers for Sean Jr and will be instructing him in the noble art.
    You'd better sit down for this one Bally....

They banned conkers in schools! Health and safety. Mine always got smashed to bits anyway, soak them in vinegar and bake them in the oven my @rse!

Sean Jr's birthright was a big bag guns I'd collected during my childhood. Assorted cowboy guns with holsters, 44 magnum, Walter PPK, various semi automatics, a Luger, machine guns and space blasters to name but a few. I was was storing the guns at my parents waiting for an appropriate time to hand them down to my son. So a couple of years ago I asked my mum where my bag of guns were hiding. She told me she threw them in the bin as she didn't like the idea of them in the house! You can't buy realistic toy guns anymore :( I'm still p!ssed off about it.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    KOM weather! Well it would be if I wasn't stuck with the MTB.

Dodging a few branches on the road this morning but mostly plastic bottles and recycling bags. The clear blue skies made it a good ride in though.
  • ballysmate
    seanoconn wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

You'd better sit down for this one Bally....

They banned conkers in schools! Health and safety. Mine always got smashed to bits anyway, soak them in vinegar and bake them in the oven my @rse!

Sean Jr's birthright was a big bag guns I'd collected during my childhood. Assorted cowboy guns with holsters, 44 magnum, Walter PPK, various semi automatics, a Luger, machine guns and space blasters to name but a few. I was was storing the guns at my parents waiting for an appropriate time to hand them down to my son. So a couple of years ago I asked my mum where my bag of guns were hiding. She told me she threw them in the bin as she didn't like the idea of them in the house! You can't buy realistic toy guns anymore :( I'm still p!ssed off about it.

When I was a kid this was my pride and joy. Had loads of guns.

8-15-928151.jpg

A SLR with reloadsble mag that fired plastic bullets.

I remember all the painful wrist injuries caused by these til they got banned.

clackersbb.jpg
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Slightly amusing riding with deep rims in this wind, though the front wheel never gets snatched away from you, it's more of an insistent push on the whole bike, which you can control with a lean into the wind, which you then have to correct when the gust of wind abates. Must replace rear tyre, another puncture last night, though it was a massive shard of glass that caused it, so maybe I was unlucky.

Delicious dhal will hopefully be ready for when I get back from work as long as I did the slow cooker thing correctly.

Off for a coffee in a minute, then staring into space until hometime, though there's some meetings in which I have to feign interest.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Clackers! Vaguely remember them. Drove over to my folks place last night to fix their shower and there was what looked like a bundle of clothes in the cycle lane, got closer and realised it was a kid collecting conkers.
    Today being cycle to work day I decided to drive in, don't like being told what to do. This has nothing to do with having to collect the Mrs later obviously. Was quite happy as traffic was light and wind was windy. Busy start to the day here sorting paperwork for orders going out and dealing with a couple of new orders. I have been fuelled by tea supported by bourbons until now, coffee machine is warming nicely.
    Pub later.
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pub later.

Tease
  • veronese68
    Mmmm, beer...

Just had a bit of entertainment here. Sandwich wagon pulled up and several people rush out as usual to get their overpriced scoff. One small problem, he couldn't open the back of the van. We were watching him on the CCTV as he was wrestling with it. Eventually someone gets a crow bar and several of them are pulling at it to no avail. He then managed to open the other side to try and reach across to get to some of the food, but can't access the hot food at all. Having sold what he could he then went to close the other side and the door fell off. There may be free sandwiches later.
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:
    There may be free sandwiches later.

There's not much better than free sandwiches.

There're more leaving cakes here today, but they're Krispy Crème doughnuts, which I don't care for.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Blowy outside, but no rain, yet.

Anybody need any good advice, I'm your man.
  • Now absoloutely pouring down as well, so eating family sized chicken and gravy pie for lunch.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Well, that wouldn't have filled a family.

Soooooooooooo hungry.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    Jacket potato, beans and gammon - stuffed :)
  • Still soooooo hungry.

Going to make a chilli for dinner I think.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • seanoconn
    Garry H wrote:

Best place online i:e cheapest, to buy oak furniture? Sideboard/wardrobes mainly.
  • hopkinb
    seanoconn wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

Best place online i:e cheapest, to buy oak furniture? Sideboard/wardrobes mainly.

There's no veneer in 'ere. Or is there? The adverts have been banned. Probably not Oak Furniture Land, though I think my brother got some wardrobes from there.

Dunno, I'm not one for advice, that's Gazza.
  • Ballysmate wrote:

When I was a kid this was my pride and joy. Had loads of guns.

8-15-928151.jpg

A SLR with reloadsble mag that fired plastic bullets.

The fabled and mighty Big Stick of Bang.

Weigh 63kg, 5,329 feet long. Try running through a doorway with baby.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    35c just waiting to hear the end of this album then I may have to go out to the café for cold beer.

It's not too early is it, I mean it's nearly the weekend?

Today is Friday, right?

Até logo... :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • team47b wrote:
    35c just waiting to hear the end of this album then I may have to go out to the café for cold beer.

Today is Friday, right?

Git.

:)

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    Af'noon

When I first came to the UK, my new friend and I went to the park and collected conkers. Queen Mary's park in Stourbridge if anyone's interested. I stuffed my pockets full of them.
    We then shared according to size and quantity at his house. I started walking home. It was dusk. I heard a footsteps behind me but couldn't see anyone. I started to speed up and still more foot steps. Then I ran and all the way home someone was definitely chasing me. With heart in mouth and not once looking back, I finally got home unscathed.

But... I didn't have a single conker left in my pockets. It didn't take much to put 2 and 2 together.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    You were being chased by a conker stealing pick pocket?
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    team47b wrote:

Today is Friday, right?

Git.

Back from bar now, cooled down.

Wine is open.

Day off tomorrow, as it's Saturday, long lunch out with some Italian friends, can't see that there will be any álcool involved :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • tlw1
    team47b wrote:
    team47b wrote:

Today is Friday, right?

Git.

Back from bar now, cooled down.

Wine is open.

Day off tomorrow, as it's Saturday, long lunch out with some Italian friends, can't see that there will be any álcool involved :D

Tomorrow is my Friday :D