Isle of Man E2E 2017

theMagician
theMagician Posts: 83
edited September 2017 in XC and Enduro
Anyone planning on doing this years event?

http://www.end2end.im

I've done the last 7 and I've signed up for this years event. The event is well organised and recent changes to the course have made it even better. I would recommend it to anyone.

Comments

• bigmitch41
    bigmitch41 Posts: 685
    Yep I've done the last three, any truth in the rumour they are reducing the amount of road during the first 10-15k of the event?
    Paracyclist
    @Bigmitch_racing
    2010 Specialized Tricross (commuter)
    2014 Whyte T129-S
    2016 Specialized Tarmac Ultegra Di2
    Big Mitch - YouTube
  • I've not heard anything about a change to the route. I'd say the route is pretty good as it stands and the road section helps break up the groups.

The staggered starts have really helped.

Numbers seem low again compared to a few years back. Can't understand the drop off in numbers as I love the event.
  • Tough conditions but I managed to finish in 5hrs 6 mins despite a couple of offs one causing suspected broken ribs!

Enjoyed the new beginning section which reduced the amount of tarmac before hitting Ballaugh, I also prefer the climb out through Ballaugh Glen onto Black Mountain. New 12 shares descent into St Johns was great! Arressey was hard work and the Sloc was particularly unpleasant due to the conditions (horizontal rain), but love the finish down into Port Erin for a pint or two after picking up my finishers medal!

46 miles and 5k ft of climbing through the beautiful Manx landscape, I recommend it to anybody!
    Paracyclist
    @Bigmitch_racing
    2010 Specialized Tricross (commuter)
    2014 Whyte T129-S
    2016 Specialized Tarmac Ultegra Di2
    Big Mitch - YouTube