sungod
sungod Posts: 16,434
edited September 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

forcing myself to gym, thence office, much coffee

hoping the week can raise itself from meh, weather suggests not
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Morning all, well summer is over, cold here with strong winds, just having a coffee before the builders turn up, hopefully they will be finished on Thursday,
    I have a set of CycleOps rollers turning up today , so that will be fun it's been along time since I have used a set of rollers
    Have a good day
  • Wet and windy and brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr it's cold.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Sunny here. A bit chilly for sun gods I reckon though. Arm warmers at the ready.
  • Wind has just picked up. Now that's nice.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    Just had my last day off so its back to work full time for a while. Looks like a busy day in the office as well. Balls.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Manflu is in full swing and topped off with work politics - perfect
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    cor !!! ..... first time in months I have been cold on leaving the house, fingers and legs were actually uncomfortable !

Was going to take the hybrid and fill the panniers up with work crap to bring home before the office move, but the weather is threatening 70mph winds ... so took the road bike instead so I can hide in the drops
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    sunny but cool ride in here, wind far lighter, looks like it is going to cloud over though

waves of meh and annoyance in equal measure, time for more coffee
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    McNing, cool calm morning, couldn't be bothered with a ride in so drove. Chaos last night trying to get home car transporter ended up going through the reservation on the M1. usual ten minute drive home took nearly three hours as TVP decided to divert everything through town.

Anywho, strong coffee and browsing shiny things for bicycle an trying not to buy campag.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Definitely a touch chilly this morning, knee warmers, long sleeves and full finger gloves were deployed. Park is still shut in the mornings and the road around the outside is not very nice. Should leave a bit earlier and take a different route, but 7 am already feels like the middle of the night and I'm a lazy git.
    Not much going on in here today, hopefully it will stay that way.
  • Just been for MEGA walk with Das Hunt and found some RAD new trails and GNARLY bits to take a load of bods onto when I have to instruct shortly.

Gonna be EPIC!!!!!!!!

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Step83 wrote:
    Anywho, strong coffee and browsing shiny things for bicycle an trying not to buy campag.

Deprivation and resisting temptation might be virtuous but it'll kill you slowly from the inside out.

Morning me. Morning you lot. Had to do the run around a bit. Weather is sunny but clouds are looming.
    What's it like over there Gazza?

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    Pinno wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

Deprivation and resisting temptation might be virtuous but it'll kill you slowly from the inside out.

Morning me. Morning you lot. Had to do the run around a bit. Weather is sunny but clouds are looming.

Laters.

It is very very much killing me, meant to be making a sensible winter bike, nope specced up a set of stupid light wheels using tubs, not winter sensible at all :lol:

FYI, you can now get cheap passports as well it seems
  • Why aren't tubs winter sensible? I use all my sets of tubular wheels all year round with no problems.

Me no understand.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Step83 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

Laters.

It is very very much killing me, meant to be making a sensible winter bike, nope specced up a set of stupid light wheels using tubs, not winter sensible at all :lol:

FYI, you can now get cheap passports as well it seems

The specced up machine becomes the summer antelope and the current one becomes the winter one. Simples innit.
    If you have similar cassettes, do some wheel swapping too.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • A bit meh, slightly bored and fed up with the weather.

Off to wield a drill and some trowel shaped things later then maybe look at setting up the turbo bike again.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    Why aren't tubs winter sensible? I use all my sets of tubular wheels all year round with no problems.

Me no understand.

Ive never trusted tubs, im not the most careful of riders either :lol:
    Pinno wrote:
    The specced up machine becomes the summer antelope and the current one becomes the winter one. Simples innit.
    If you have similar cassettes, do some wheel swapping too.

This could work, would mean I can sell off my old winter wheelset which is about 1.9Kg If I build them as black not shiny SHMBO would never know!
  • Test ride on the plastic bike is a success - to raise seat by a couple of mm, cut off steerer stack, one turn in on front mech, a couple of quarter turns on reader mech and sorted.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • The lamb is slammed

I repeat, the lamb is slammed.

Now I have an open bottle of chilled white (just a Sauvignon blanc, but a very nice one) sitting in the fridge but I can't have any due to having to drive later.

Buggeration.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    Whole shoulder? What are you slow roasting it with? Onions, garlic, rosemary, thyme, a nice big slosh of that wine?
  • hopkinb wrote:
    Whole shoulder? What are you slow roasting it with? Onions, garlic, rosemary, thyme, a nice big slosh of that wine?

Exactly. Tad of stock as well.
    Are you in my kitchen?

Bed of carrots in the slow cooker, going to do some al dente greens, side salad, chilled San Pellegrino (early supper than have school meetings so have to drive again) then large glass of white upon return.

What you having?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    You do eat well. That's weekend grub for us, unless we make use of the slow cooker in the week, which needs heroic levels of preparation and children that aren't being a pain in the backside in the morning. Or if I've been busy freezing the good stuff after a Sunday in the kitchen.

Today? Mrs H3 is at Pilates, so gets back late and hangry. The cleaner has also been on a Tuesday, so it's usually take away night so as not to sully the nice clean kitchen. Dim sum and hot and sour soup is my strong preference. I would make a mushroom risotto, having a good chicken stock in the freezer, and the other bits & pieces but Mrs H3 is not eating carbohydrate as it will make her fatter for the upcoming wedding.
  • Dim sum and hot 'n' sour soup.

Food of champions. Big hat.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Just had a cheeky glass of wine, now going to do some weights.

I may vomit.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Must admit that the slow cooker is genius - that was 10 mins prep, chick all the dirty stuff straight in the dish washer, jab slow cooker with fat fingers and boom. 5 hours later a dinner that hasn't cooked because your fat fingers didn't press the right buttons.

Must admit that we do tend to eat pretty good - we don't go out a lot as we are old and boring so prefer to spend the money on nice food and a nice bottle of wine. Nothing better (apart fromTDNFNATN) than having a lovely meal with the Bambini, chillin' out with Das Hunt then getting denied nookie by TDV because she hates me again. 15 year marital bliss.

Don't get me wrong, I do like an occasional blow out sesh down the boozer but nowadays once every 3 months tends to do it. And I tend to do it with work, so as you can imagine it is a bit more blow out down the boozer than the average person's blowout down the boozer ..........

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    Must admit that the slow cooker is genius - that was 10 mins prep, chick all the dirty stuff straight in the dish washer, jab slow cooker with fat fingers and boom. 5 hours later a dinner that hasn't cooked because your fat fingers didn't press the right buttons.

Must admit that we do tend to eat pretty good - we don't go out a lot as we are old and boring so prefer to spend the money on nice food and a nice bottle of wine. Nothing better (apart fromTDNFNATN) than having a lovely meal with the Bambini, chillin' out with Das Hunt then getting denied nookie by TDV because she hates me again. 15 year marital bliss.

Don't get me wrong, I do like an occasional blow out sesh down the boozer but nowadays once every 3 months tends to do it. And I tend to do it with work, so as you can imagine it is a bit more blow out down the boozer than the average person's blowout down the boozer ..........

Slow cooker is a great invention, it is used a lot, but tends to be for dhal, or for something for the kids that the nanny can slop on top of pasta for them.

We still go out a couple of times a month, but it's to eat, rather than get the lash on, seeing as there's loads and loads and loads, all prices, all cuisines, all reachable in 40 mins or less by public transport or Uber. Mrs H3 says she drinks, but she doesn't really, she's healthy and sensible. Apart from the sweets and chocolate which she can't leave alone.

Services blowouts are downright scary. A very old friend of mine flew Chinooks for the RAF. When he gets on one he goes missing for a couple of days. PTSD I reckon.
  • I'm not saying I'm amazing or anything, but my kitchen smells as goo and TDNFNATN looks.

Imagine TDNFNATN eating my slow cooked lamb tonight .........

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • As an aside, one of the builders next door has just fallen off the scaffolding.

Bet that hurt.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    I'm not saying I'm amazing or anything, but my kitchen smells as goo and TDNFNATN looks.

Imagine TDNFNATN eating my slow cooked lamb tonight .........

I'd be tempted to lob a can or two of cannellini beans in with an hour or two until lift off. Soak up all those lamby winey juices. Though you already had carrots and greens didn't you, so potentially too much.
  • hopkinb
    As an aside, one of the builders next door has just fallen off the scaffolding.

Bet that hurt.

Did you patch him up, or leave him yelling?