monday mu mu, mu mu, mu mu, mu mu

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,522
edited September 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

too late for gym, off to cafe, office

a while ago i foolishly agreed to spend a couple of days helping marketing, ffs now i have two days with marketing, need to plot an escape, on the plus side i'll let them buy me dinner

but i just want to be on the viking ship with cressida, sigh

cressida-cauty.jpg
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    edited September 2017
    Mental windy out there so should be an interesting ride to work. Hope my tubs don't get blown off my rims and affect my training for the Zwift racing.

Apart from that tired. Need coffee.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Windy, though a cross tailwind this morning = negative drag from the wheels = fake e-bike.
  • Hmmmm - have just decided to take the cx bike. It's a tad blowy out there.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    so tired this morning .... skipped the gym for an extra 1.5hrs in bed

don't feel too bad though as I am gong MTBing after work so the extra slog through the mud and fallen branches will be a good enough workout to fight off the bulge.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,522
    i followed the same gym process this morning

impertinent clouds attempted to rain on me as i left for the office, but i just sneered and they gave up, bit breezy though

all is meh, off for coffee and a croissant
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Man flu is showing itself now with green stuff, not ideal prep for the race this weekend. But still better than the fact my mate is now coming over from the states for a couple of days thur/fri....... moral dilemma, not drank for over a week and another dry week planned - so do we go to town on Thursday and local Friday or the other way round?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    TLW, can you not see that everything is conspiring to tell you that this running racing is a bloody ridiculous idea?
    Work meh is in full flow, stupid questions have started with a vengeance already. Pesky customers. Second cup of tea has been delivered, coffee machine is on and warming nicely. The biscuit of choice today is the bourbon cream.
    Onwards and upwards, unlike Stevo's pedalling.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Quality weekend drinking, little motivation for work. Both the mountain bike and the CX bike need fettling before they are rideable and it's not really the weather for the cannondale now, might resort to running this eveing
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    TLW, can you not see that everything is conspiring to tell you that this running racing is a bloody ridiculous idea?

If only I was given a sign? :)
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,320
    oxoman wrote:
    Moaning All. Wet and Windy around me. Waiting in trepidation to hear from eldest son as to whether or not he passes is driving test shortly.

Cross fingers he hasn't or it will be insurance hike time.

Just windy here. Have recovered sufficiently to start thinking about getting the cruds back on my immaculate C40 and going for a ride. If there's any clunking noises... If I have an off, I could fast track myself in.

Waiting for post today. Off serious painkillers and on to soft one's without a bump so far. Champing impatiently at the bit me.

TLW - Buys a disposable bike and then goes running :roll: Some men you just can't reach, which is the way he wants it. Now, I don't like it any more than you do... (or something along those lines).

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    The IT guy is coming to fit some 'new equipment as part of a cyber security upgrade' this week, no one has said what it is but I'm starting to worry that I won't be able to spend all day on here afterwards
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Mourning, mainly horrid weekend for me bar seeing ToB roll through a local village, or rather hundreds of motorbikes an cars an a few people on pushbikes. Apparently im on tele so no doubt looked like a total douche in crap weather gear.
    Bike is utterly filthy white rims a skin wall tyres are black so is most the back half of the bike. An I have a clunk that sounds like a chainring bolt being loose, meh

Spend most of the weekend up A&E again with El Mothero shes too proud to call an ambulance so instead gets me in a blacked out van to take her (insert generic coroner joke) running one about two hours sleep since Saturday isn't pleasant.

Anyway today, crap grey wet windy, acquired over priced coffee from a place with some mermaid bird with a crown for a logo. Insulted various motorists from within my own car. Have given stupid answers to questions and I'm debating laying under my desk using the guide dog as a pillow.
  • Got as far as the end of the road and was blown into a hedge and got soaking wet through, so turned around and wet back home to get the car.

Now bored off my face at work trying to look busy but nothing to do and soooooo bored.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    I barely had to pedal on the way in, though I do normally take Monday morning easy due to the bag on my back. Going to be grim going back home. Very hungry, there are someone's birthday cakes near me, but I'm NFI, I might just see if I can hoover up a few anyway.
  • veronese68
    TLW1 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

No-running-sign.gif
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

No-running-sign.gif

This.

There is no need to run anywhere, ever.

Casual strolling will suffice at all times.

Running will result in dead disease getting you.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Slept badly. First hour of the day is trying to get hands and knees moving again.

Finished a few more jobs though. Now just one (big) piece of work to do and the place will be finished. Assuming I can actually hold and operate the relevant power tools for the next week or so, which is currently not a given.

Weather still fabulous at least. Going to hit 30 deg C this week!
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • step83

This.

There is no need to run anywhere, ever.

Casual strolling will suffice at all times.

Running will result in dead disease getting you.

In the words of string "A gentleman may walk but never run"

Also, these are screaming at me for a retro styled build :cry:

eurobike-2017-hunt-sprint-aero-wheels-2.jpg?itok=0WKI-shv
  • veronese68
    Step83 wrote:
    How about this. That makes me drool.
  • veronese68
    Just remembered that whilst on my little ride yesterday I happened across a damsel in distress. Well a lady roadie with her velocipede upside down. I had a look as I passed to see if it looked like she needed help, turned back and offered to assist and she said it was making a funny noise as she pedalled. She was very keen to fiddle with her barrel adjuster, but I told her to hang on. Had a quick look and everything looked like it was lined up perfectly, no attempting to change gears or anything. So I told her she was a dirty girl and it was probably a sticky chain link so she should get cleaned and lubed properly. The joys of riding in the British summer.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    TLW1 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

IMG_5395.jpg
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    Veronese68 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

No-running-sign.gif
    Balls.

I should skim the thread before I post. :|
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • step83
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    How about this. That makes me drool.

That does make me need a private moment, excuse me a moment please.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,320
    Nice shiny rims SG. They would look good on a... let me see now...De Rosa Nuovo Classico frameset?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    seanoconn wrote:
    Balls.

I should skim the thread before I post. :|
    You're not the only one,
  • Pie of shepherds, the remainder of last night's crumble and just waiting for coffee to chug a chug a chug a chug on the stove.

I am a culinary genius when it comes to winter evening meals.

What you lot had for dinner?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    Pie of shepherds, the remainder of last night's crumble and just waiting for coffee to chug a chug a chug a chug on the stove.

I am a culinary genius when it comes to winter evening meals.

What you lot had for dinner?

Warmed up moussaka from a shop with some mixed veg from the freezer. Pork scratchings as a post ride snack, handful of salted peanuts for pudding. Diet of champions. Fat champions.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Sweet chilli and coriander salmon with Caribbean rice.
    Both cooked in the microwave with my own fair hand.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Oh and raspberry ripple ice cream.
  • tlw1
    Roast beef :)